New Year, New You! Newbie 60 day Juice only Reboot-Jan1, 2015

Post On Group Wall

Group Wall

• Cammianne

4 years ago

Hi, gang! Hope everyone is doing well here. Believe it or not, I'm looking forward to juicing again on Monday. I've felt so blah the last couple of days, I'm looking forward to feeling good again. We have a mystery shop today (pizza) and then another tomorrow that I had forgotten about (movie theater), but after that, my schedule is clear for a while!!! Of course, along with juicing comes the expense again, LOL, but we'll work it out somehow.

How is everyone doing? A couple of the regulars haven't checked in lately. Would love to hear from you!!! Keep juicing!!!

• Cammianne

4 years ago

Hi, everyone! Man, I can't believe it's been so long since I checked in. It looks like other than 1 or 2 members dropping out, we have most everybody here still.

I have not juiced at all this week. Yikes! I definitely feel better when I'm juicing. This week has been really busy. I took my real estate class final exam on Tuesday and passed!! Yippee!! I was so scared to take the test, LOL. Now I have my state exam scheduled in a couple of weeks! That's the one I really need to pass. Ii can take it as often as I want, but it costs $100 bucks a pop, so I'd really, REALLY like to pass on the first attempt. After that, I'm set. I'll just need to find a company to work for. My real estate agent who helped me find this house said she'll set me up a meeting with her broker, so that should help me get my foot in the door.

My daughter Mikaila was called in for an interview at the middle school she's trying to get into. We were very surprised to get the call so soon because they said we probably wouldn't hear anything until March. This was very good news! The interview was today and only she was allowed to go in the room. She says she feels she did really well. There are only 5 slots for 8th graders for next year, so our fingers are crossed.

I plan on juicing again starting on Monday. I'm too afraid to step on the scale until then, LOL. I had a mystery shop today and we have another on Saturday, but after that I don't have any scheduled for a while.

Phew, anyway, I hope everyone is well! Please check in and let us know how you're doing!!

• EIW13ANL

4 years ago

Day 30, thank goodness the halfway point. Lost 6.6 this week total 29.6. Still drinking 3-4 juices a day, been bad with water, need to get back into that again. Hope everyone is doing well. Those of you on modified plans how is it going?

• Cammianne

4 years ago

Just a quick check in. I'll come back later and check in again. My husband will be home any minute and we're going to be without kids for about 3 hours, LOL. Have to take advantage of it on the rare occasions it happens.

Doing well here. Did not juice at all yesterday. Some of my friends I use to work with at the airline called me. They wanted to make a trip to IKEA (which is about 2 hours away), which I'm always game for. Didn't end up getting home until about 8:30pm.

Hope everyone is doing well. I haven't weighed in for a couple days now, and I'll probably wait a couple more. Maybe on Thursday.

Talk to you guys a little later. Keep juicing!!

• Signorafarfalla

4 years ago

Hey everyone on Day 27. I read your posts and you are all hanging in there. I am sorry I did not check in last week. I had a few more fainting episodes, just lucky I listened to my body and did not go to the gym and took off Wed from work last week.

I was able to get in to see Cardiologist because my blood pressure was so low like really low. So great news he said whatever I am doing right now I have to keep doing it. he cut my medication for my blood pressure in half!!!!! After 17 years, I can reduce a medication!!!!! He said when I come back in 6 months he will reevaluate trying to go lower or none.

It has been easy staying on my low carb plan. After juicing, I am grateful for being able to eat my healthy meals. It is as much prep work on Sunday for the week, but grocery bill has lessened. I gained 3 lbs back, then lost 2, now it is only 1. I can not work out until I have been on my new meds a few days I start tomorrow.

I also had a whole week of morning blood sugars in the teens. Also I had my best morning reading I have ever had in three years. 98!!!!!Never got under 112!!!!Even to get into teens was a miracle.

I almost feel like maybe aliens abducted me and fixed my blood pressure and sugar. Now I have been reviewing my log and I am so regimented I can not change a thing to loose this run of good health. My cardiologist said my numbers may not be moving on the scale but the sugar and the blood pressure are!

So what am I doing. I am eating three meals a day, sometimes a light snack in the evening but not later than 9pm. I am weighing my food. I eat 4 oz of protein at each meal and berries fro breakfast, 2 cups of salad with homemade dressing (I know whats in it), dinner 4 oz protein 3 cups veggies, for dessert home made muffin made from almond flour or coconut flour. I drink decaf herbal tea everynight and during the day. I still need to drink more water.

My supplements which I started 1 January Morning: Fish Pill 1,200 mg with 1,000 Vitamin D3, with 900mg (Norwegian Gold) I have taken this is a lower dose before and it has lowered my cholesterol. 1,000 Vitamin C, At night I take 1,000 Vitamin D, another 1,000 Vitamin C, 2,000 Vitamin E So now I feel compelled to keep these up because the body seems to be loving it.

I am so glad I went to cardiologist. He asked had I been tired and I said have I ever, I could not stop yawning and wanted to be in bed at 8 pm. He said it was the medication. It is just strange I have been on this dose for years!!!! But I am grateful,

Missed you all, I will check in tomorrow. I have been in food sobriety now 27 days and I am feeling motivated that I can make this 365! Especially since I am feeling better!

See you on day 28.

• WendyAF

4 years ago

Signora-Sorry to hear about the fainting spells but what a great outcome....your blood pressure medications reduced by half!!! Wow!!! That is great! Also, fantastic is your blood sugar readings! Just amazing! Keep going!!!!

• EIW13ANL

4 years ago

Signora glad to hear about BP Meds and better blood sugar. Right now your bodies probably just adjusting and weight will start to fall. Not sure if you have been doing measurements but sometimes these go down when weight isnt. Thanks for input on meal plan.

• growm

4 years ago

Great job getting your BP under control :-)! I'm working on getting mine down too. It's still borderline. but it's trending down.

• Cammianne

4 years ago

So, since I stopped last week, I had been having 1 or sometimes 2 meals a day. I felt the desire to start juicing the whole day again, so started yesterday. Do you know after those 4 or 5 days of eating, when I weighed in on Monday, I had gained almost 5 pounds!!! What the heck! How is that even possible when I wasn't eating that much, LOL.

Oh, well, that's over. By today I had already dropped almost all of it (give or take less than a pound) so it's all good. I'll probably juice mainly Monday thru Friday and then eat on the weekends. I can't remember if I told you guys, but I'm a mystery shopper. I have a mystery shop at a "popular fast food Mexican restaurant," on Friday, so I'll have to eat for that (I'm not allowed to say where I shop, but you can figure it out, LOL). I'll just try to schedule as many of my shops on the weekend as I can and then juice the other times.

Hope everyone is doing good!!! Keep checking in, love to read everyone's posts! Happy Juicing!!

• WendyAF

4 years ago

Cami-What a neat job! Good planning to mystery shop on the weekend!

I am back to juicing again after six days off and on (mostly off) juicing. I went from 220 to 226 lbs, so gained 6 lbs in that experiment. During that six days I did some binge eating (my old comfort pattern of eating) and grazing. I did not go out an buy ice cream and cream horns etc. Yesterday I had to take some anti acids...the first time since I began the reboot and realized, I do not want to stay in my old ways. I learned that I have to be careful of feeling overwhelmed or indecisive. I am slowly learning to deal with life not with food. It is not easy as food has always been my go to comfort for any life problem.

• LBFaglier

4 years ago

Day 27

I posted on the nutritionist string too...

I have been loving this, haven't found a juice I didn't like or felt bad until yesterday. And then YUCK!! For some reason, I don't feel well, and my juices taste awful!! Same juices I have been making all along. Gave up after breakfast and have just been doing water for the rest of the day. I am wondering if I am getting the flu, cause I feel icky!! I think I am going to go lay down.,

• Cammianne

4 years ago

Oh, no! Hope you get to feeling better!!

• Signorafarfalla

4 years ago

Feel better

• WendyAF

4 years ago

LB-I hope you feel better, too!!!

• EIW13ANL

4 years ago

Day 22, weighed in lost 2.6 for the week total 23 lbs. Seeing how many people on here hadn't lost as much in 3rd week had me prepared for lower number. Just as long as number isn't going in wrong direction that's good.

Made another broth totally satisfying Thai Lemongrass, taste just like from restaurant. Got it from Vegetarian times.

Hope everyone on the East Coast is keeping warm with winter storm hitting.

• WendyAF

4 years ago

Hi E! Great job losing 2.6 pounds! Much better than gaining 6 pounds like I did, of course I was not juicing for 6 days so I expected a weight gain.

Thai Lemongrass broth sounds so delicious! I am back to juice and broth..whoohoo. How do you make it?

In Massachusetts, we did get a bunch of snow but no power outages in my neighborhood. The snow just added to my exercise routine. I have some neighborhood boys clear my driveway and walk, then I clear the paths to the oil tank, to the deck, to the garage, and clean off the deck. It was a great workout today as the snow was heavy and high and slow going.

• CP in Vermont

4 years ago

Freezing my butt off, to bad I can't freeze my gut off....

• EIW13ANL

4 years ago
    Thai Lemon Grass and Chile Soup

4 Servings

This simple soup is packed with flavor.

• ¾ cup finely chopped tomatoes
    • 1 Tbs. minced fresh cilantro
    • 2 to 3 small hot green chilies, seeded and halved (optional)
    • 2 Tbs. soy sauce (can omit)
    • 4 cups vegetable broth
    • 2 large lemongrass stalks, peeled and cut into 4-inch pieces
    • 3 dried Thai kaffir lime leaves (optional)
    • 1 tsp. canola or vegetable oil
    • 2 tsp. minced garlic
    • 1 tsp. peeled, minced fresh gingerroot
    • 2 tsp. roasted chile paste or sambal oelek (can find in international food aisle)
    • 1 ½ cups chopped oyster or white mushrooms (iused cremini/baby portabella)
    • 2 Tbs. fresh lime juice
    1. In medium saucepan, heat vegetable broth to a simmer with lemongrass stalks and dried lime leaves if desired.
    2. In small skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and ginger and cook, stirring often, about 30 seconds. When broth has simmered for 5 minutes, remove lemongrass and lime leaves and discard. Add cooked garlic and ginger to broth. Return broth to a boil and stir in chile paste and mushrooms.
    3. Cook until mushrooms have wilted, about 30 seconds, then stir in lime juice and soy sauce. Remove from heat and ladle soup into small bowls.
    4. Top each bowl with a few tomatoes, a little cilantro and a small pinch of hot green chilies if desired.
    5. Alternatively, mix tomatoes and chilies together and place in a small serving bowl. Set on the table for people to help themselves.

Those juicing can strain.

• EIW13ANL

4 years ago

Day 22, weighed in lost 2.6 for the week total 23 lbs. Seeing how many people on here hadn't lost as much in 3rd week had me prepared for lower number. Just as long as number isn't going in wrong direction that's good.

Made another broth totally satisfying Thai Lemongrass, taste just like from restaurant. Got it from Vegetarian times.

Hope everyone on the East Coast is keeping warm with winter storm hitting.

• Cammianne

4 years ago

Glad to hear you're still going strong!!

• Signorafarfalla

4 years ago

Great job!

• EIW13ANL

4 years ago

So I was out with friends at restaurant was served Mini Plain baked potato , took three bites. All of the sudden realized that I had broken my juice fast, started to panic, how could I un-eat the potato.

Then.....

I woke up, can't believe I'm having dreams about eating, and of all things a plain potato, would have thought it would have a least been a slice of pepperoni pizza LOL.

Day 21, heading to the halfway mark. Hope everyone is doing well juicing or on modified plans.

• Cammianne

4 years ago

That is sooooo funny. I've had dreams, too, involving food and I wake up feeling guilty, LOL. Even after I've realized it's a dream.

• CP in Vermont

4 years ago

That is hilarious a baked potato...My son was eating KIX this morning and I thought it smelt like the rice cooker was going. I actually got up to look to make sure nothing was on in the kitchen. Nope just plain KIX in a bowl dry...It is amazing what can trigger thoughts.

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.