60 DAYS! COMMIT & PERSEVERE!

Post On Group Wall

Group Wall

• Shari

2 years ago

Hello everyone. I have not posted here for a while...been in the Reboot Finished group lately. I wanted to share my experience with using ginger juice. It sure has been an eye-opener.

I started using it about a week ago and have lost an average of .6 pound a day since using it without changing what I am eating. My weight usually goes up and down like a roller coaster without any reason, mostly up. This week was different. I use 1 1/2 tablespoons of ginger juice in 4 ounces of water each morning and evening. You can use more water if you like, but I wanted it to be something I could get down quickly. If you have a crazy metabolism and slow weight loss like me, give this a try. Just run the ginger root through your juicer.

• Urureboot

2 years ago

Thanks for the tip! I will try it!

• Howzit70

2 years ago

Has anyone of you checked out the Sunshine Group? Looks like the people that used to post here are over there including me. This 60 Day Group is fading out it seems. I need support so I'm switching home groups. Peace and love.

Howzit.

• Howzit70

2 years ago

Question: has anyone blended greens in a little water and then filtered out the fiber? Would that be considered a juice or a smoothie? Juice on.

Howzit.

• Howzit70

2 years ago

Day 9. All's well. Just finished a1/2 hour walk, or what I call my daily stroll. zero temptations of which I am so thankful. Maybe it'll be all downhill from now on, and maybe it will not. I need to be alert for complacency b/c that'll send me to junk food. Wouldn't be the first time. Stocked up at Costco yesterday and juiced an ok tasting veg juice this afternoon. I used turmeric and ginger to spice it up. I was told these are great root vegetables for health. 6 or 7 other veg included. Tomorrow is my 10th day. 10 to 20 days seems like an epic journey never mind 60, but one day at a time. Juice on.

Howzit

• Howzit70

2 years ago

• Howzit70

2 years ago

Good morning. Last night was a close one. I felt the cravings coming on to binge and felt vulnerable. I keep a daily journal and have done so since 1982. I decided to write about a conflict I had with a friend of sorts hoping it may have a positive affect. It did. The craving was lessened to the point I could Ignore it and within minutes it was gone. All in my head b/c I was not hungry. Day 8. Not sure how long I'll be fasting. Taking it one day at a time knowing full well that each day I'm improving my health. Juice on.

Howzit.

• RM

2 years ago

HZ, excellent insight and action. Brilliant. You are definitely improving you on all levels. Image result for kudos images

• Howzit70

2 years ago

You all may like this Joe Cross' London interview. I think it's the best one yet.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bs36n9Hh4TA

Howzit

• RM

2 years ago

Wow, this was an interesting interview indeed. The total interview is 93 minutes long, but it is split up into two 45 minute parts. Did you watch both parts? This interview was recorded last year when Joe Cross was 48 years old, and he still looks healthy and happy. He went from 42% body fat to 24% body fat, and his goal by the time he is 50 years old is to be 15% body fat. Wow. That is an amazing goal. I would be happy to be 24% body fat. Thanks for sharing this great video link. Stay strong for Day 7.

• Howzit70

2 years ago

No I did not watch part two b/c ya needed to register with the interviewer's podcast which costs money and some subject matters are not of interest to me. it may appear on YouTube some day.

Hz

• RM

2 years ago

Hey HZ, yes I noticed that the website kind of forces you to sign up for some sort of membership to see Part 2. Even though you get 30 days of free membership, I assume they will make you give them your credit card and then cancel the membership at 30 days if you do not want to continue. I do not like that game.

BUT GUESS WHAT I FOUND: if you look down and click under "More" it gives you the option to listen to the whole 93 minutes on an audio download for free. I recorded it onto my computer, so I can listen to it later if I want to. The second half was very interesting, with about 25 % of it going into the business side of Reboot with Joe. I have never fully understood who owned this Reboot with Joe business and how it functions. Did you know that Joe had 8 successful business before he started juicing, and he sold them all to focus on his health and put all his resources into making the first Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead film which did not do well the first year. It was not until a year later when Netflix picked up his film that people got on board with Juicing. So if you like to know that type of information, the second half was good. The more I learn about Joe, the more impressed I am. He is the REAL thing, inside and out.

• Howzit70

2 years ago

I'm finishing up Day 6. The weather has been perfect, surfs up. Walked my 1/2 hour and felt energized. No temptations to speak of so maybe I'm over the hump. I haven't weighed but I can tell my body is beginning to shrink just tad here and there. My shoe laces for instance have decided to be too long for my walking shoes, and it's b/c my humble feet have shrunk : ) makes me laugh.

Regarding walking for health. There's a tribe of Mexican/Indians living in the mountains of S. Mexico. They've been an isolated group for hundreds of years I'm sure. Each day women and men trek down to gather supplies such as water, wood etc. It was found the people lived to be very old compared to other societies. They've been documented in many cases to live full lives beyond 100 years old.. They have an ancient saying: every man has two doctors the right leg and the left leg. Juice on.

Howzit.

• RM

2 years ago

Love that saying: Every man has two doctors, the right leg and the left leg......I am posting that one on my mirror. So glad you are doing well. What are your goals?

• RM

2 years ago

Day 6 and doing well. I will weigh in tomorrow, and I already know that I made huge progress this week. I am feeling better with no intestinal spasms and no abdominal bloating. Yippee. I walked for a whole hour today, and my feet don't even hurt. Yeah. Progress. I did learn today, that I have to be careful about how many papaya seeds I juice along with the papaya. Wow, they are really spicy and peppery. I made a great gentle light juice of papaya & romaine & apples, so was shocked with the peppery taste. It was like I dumped a pepper mill in my juice. These were Hawaiian papayas, so maybe their seeds are extra spicy. Live and learn. Juice was still good, just had to water it down some.

Walking daily during my reboot. Image result for images of walking barefoot

• Howzit70

2 years ago

RM huge progress is so good. And yes papaya seeds taste terrible but are really good for digestion. I juice papaya without the seeds now. In the distant past I would eat the P and blend the seeds with a little water. I'd have to figuratively hold my nose to get them down. Takes getting used to, but that wouldn't be juicing. Very happy for you.

Hz

• RM

2 years ago

HZ, so the seeds are good for digestion too? I did not know that. I googled papaya seeds, and found that they are really good for digestive enzymes too and that they kill worms. In fact there is a powder supplement called "papaya seed powder', that you can buy to get rid of worms. Thanks for letting me know this great info. Juice On.

http://superfoodprofiles.com/health-benefits-papay...

• RM

2 years ago

Kitchen is Closed, and Juice Only Day Went Well. ....It is Sunday night, and I wanted to check in with everyone. I read and watched an interesting article/video from one of my favorite websites: Well.Org. It is run by a Dr. Pedram. He had a guest speaker today who works with professional athletes, teaching them functional exercise. He did not explain in detail what functional exercise was, but they did talk about two topics that were very interesting. ITEM ONE: we sit an average of 9.2 hours a day in the U.S. When you sit, your body runs on electricity. When you move you are creating electricity. When you stop moving electricity dims and eventually stops. When electricity is not getting to your cells, organs, and tissues, they basically become hypoxic. This means they are dying for lack of oxygen and blood flow, and some of this can become irreversible. When we sit for longer than 20 minutes, this hypoxic cycle starts and over time this creates the wear and tear that can end up in an injury. In my office many employees have these new adjustable desks that allow you to work standing up, because this is supposed to be healthier for you than sitting in front of a computer for 8 hours a day. This guest speaker does recommends moving every 20 minutes, and goes into more detail why. Wow, I will have to figure out how to get up and move every 20 minutes at work and still get work done. ITEM TWO: He talked about a yoga type exercise that he does everyday called "The Five Tibetan Rights". He said that this movement exercise has been around for 700 years longer than yoga. It was performed to not only improve the outside of the body, but what was happening inside the body. These five exercises are often called "Anti-Aging Exercises", because they gentle stretch and build the body in a balanced way. Has anyone ever tried these exercises? I tried them tonight, and they were a good workout. The video attached shows how to do them. He recommends starting out doing 3 repetitions of each, and slowly working yourself up to 21 repetitions of each. Yikes, I was exhausted doing three repetitions of each tonight and can't imagine being strong enough to do 21 repetitions of each. BOTTOM LINE: Daily exercise is important; find something you like to do and have fun. STAY TRUE TO YOU.

https://theurbanmonk.com/getting-functionally-fit/

http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-17551/fountain-of-y...

Image result for images of tibetan exercise

• Urureboot

2 years ago

Thanks!!!!

• RM

2 years ago

You are welcome Urureboot. I did these 5 exercises this morning, and will give it them a try for a couple weeks and see how the work on my tight and painful areas. Will keep you posted.

• Howzit70

2 years ago

Day 5. At noon I felt vulnerable to bingeing, so I decided to nap hoping it would help and it did wonderfully. it's 5:15 pm here and I'm ready to do my humble 1/2 hour walk. Actually it's more of a meander : ). I think I'll take it up a notch tonight to a stroll. It's all good. Juice on.

Howzit

• RM

2 years ago

HZ, I am SO PROUD OF YOU....... You recognized the risk of bingeing, and handled it in the most healthy and positive way possible. How was your walk? Or Meander? Day 5 for you has come and gone, and you are now ready for a successful Day 6. Congrats.

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.