40 day reboot - No more excuses

Post On Group Wall

Group Wall

• Chris B

4 years ago

Morning/Evening group, hope your all hanging in there, nice to see a new member of the group joining too after 3 weeks, good to have you on board. I'm posting my daily weigh in, lost a pound overnight so going in the right direction. Going to try out this 10 day smoothie plan that Maxene kindly posted me yesterday. Looks a lot more appealing than the juicing and reckons it could lose me 15 pounds too in 10 days which would be a considerable achievement. We shall see how it goes. Some great posts on here, keep it up.

• [...]

4 years ago

Hiya CHris,

I will be starting the 10 day smoothie plan NOvember 1 with two other ladies on the below mentioned group... New, that I joined the other day if you are interested to start with us.

Smoothies, juice and salad until Christmas! Created By tshirtartist

Edit | Delete your post
  • redroses

4 years ago

Hi all - back from vacation and will check in the am to see what, if any, damage has been done. Glad to see you hanging in there. Had a wonderful vaca but Missed checking in with you. See you in the am.

• Chris B

4 years ago

Good to have you back Redcow, all ready to start again?

• Suesblues

4 years ago

I just tried the onion / apple with a bit of greens and a pear.. tasted just fine.. but wowzie the onion juice packs a huge punch... much more than ginger ! then I broke out in a sweat..

so beginning shortly, I'm going away from the forum today.. most of tomorrow also.. until I finish my work.. will check in the early a.m.'s

• LuluS

4 years ago

thanks for the encouragement. Good luck with your work.

• Chris B

4 years ago

yes Sueblues, thanks for your support, you've been brilliant over the last few weeks, thank you.

• ecollin479

4 years ago

Day 24 Yay!!! Today is a good day for me as I have hit the 20 lbs lost mark and plan to reward myself with a massage. I have developed a rather painful canker sore in my mouth if anyone has any natural remedies to help it heal faster, please do share. Less than a week until I am half way through the 60 days, pretty exciting!!! Hope everyone is well!

• Suesblues

4 years ago

eric, bee propolis is supposed to work but it temporarily stains your teeth and skin.. Try the site I'd sent to you -- the family herablist in Texas. can't vouch for either but something to try..

WOW 20 Lb in not even a month !

• Chris B

4 years ago

20lbs is tremendous going ecollin, amazing achievement buddy, here for you for next 35 days if you want me, sorry to hear about sore in mouth, would gargling with salty water do the trick?

• LuluS

4 years ago

Happy Wednesday/Thursday. Celebrated anniversary over the weekend. Enjoyed a nice meal and did well watching portions Saturday night. But Sunday the craving monster was back. Not in full force, but still there. Would love to banish it forever. Know that isn't realistic, but it is rather exhausting to have it lurking.

Even though I only ate on Saturday my weight loss trickled to a 2.6 pounds for the week. Though to be honest, I was just relieved that I was down overall.

Headed out of town for a weekend with college friends and not sure what I will do. There is a Jamba Juice in the area which does make fresh juices. And the grocery stores stock some refrigerated juices that taste bad enough that they must be good for me. But I don't enjoy the social aspect of revealing that I only do juice. They are good friends, but I feel defensive even if they are not judgmental. As with most things, it is more about me and my perceptions.

Best wishes to all. Thanks for all the great posts and happy juicing.

• Suesblues

4 years ago

tough one, Lulu. 2.6 / wk is stupendous.. :)

• Suesblues

4 years ago

Day 24

yesterday, I ate 6oz guac, 1x sm avocado, 1x med spanish onion, 1x granny smith ..

I love onions... never crazy about apples..but whaddya know, I really liked the granny & the onion samiched together, so I'm going to try it juiced together today..hmmmm oh, sorry, that might sound gross to some of you.. either way, I'll let y'all know

anyone with respiratory problems, eat an onion a day for months and see if you still have the problem.. I think it worked for me once upon a time..

I was busy yesterday and had no hunger pangs so I didn't make time to juice..

Wt = 160 Lb

still going for the 150s by Halloween!

• Chris B

4 years ago

Good morning/evening group, how are you all doing? Still hanging in there some of you. I have let myself slip over the last week and I need to get back on track. Here (see below) is what I currently weigh, which is not good, I've actually put on 3lbs since last weigh in. From today onwards as a motivator to myself to get my arse in gear again, as a commitment, each morning when I update the group, I will post a daily weigh in. My target is 15 stone by end of November which is quite achievable and a new milestone for me as I haven't been at that weight for over 10 years.

I won't be doing permanent juicing as I have struggled with that, but will eat healthily throughout the day, mixed in with juicing and smoothies.

I know they key to weight loss is a sensible diet, exercise and having the motivation to do it and with this group being here, there is no reason not to achieve that. Keep up the good work everyone.

• Suesblues

4 years ago

Chris I ordered a smoothie book that Maxene likes a lot. as soon as I get it, try one that I really like, I'll fwd to you another recipe.. so you can try them one at a time

• ecollin479

4 years ago
  • Suesblues

4 years ago

eric, excellent! you have the gift to be insightful and then express it. I appreciate your rant.

;)

(ps pretty shirt!)

• Suesblues

4 years ago

Chris, if you're still doing soups, here's a cold carrot soup recipe that is really like a juice -- you'd have to juice the carrots and lemon.. but if you try it, let me know how it is:

• Chris B

4 years ago

Thank you Sue, I will go and purchase an avocado and give this a try this afternoon. Will mainly be having soups for lunch/evening meals each day.

• Suesblues

4 years ago

Day 23 ;)

well yesterday I only ate some cauliflower (can you tell I like it?) and drank 96oz of water.. I only biked a mile to go to the mailbox and the health food hole in the wall store.. but that is still noteworthy.. got my sunshine..

guess what.. the weight I gained from my Saturday nite trip to the wild side of town.. is gone.. at least the scale says so.. I don't know why I don't believe the scale sometimes.. where's BrucetheBaker these days? I need him to tell me it doesn't lie!

I'm back at 161 Lb

and my mood is back up as my sore throat & fever are disappearing .. when things are good or at least better than the day before.. I'm not going to bother to question it

received my farm co-op delivery today and will see how my juicer handles the leeks.. my juicer refuses to juice scallions.. might as well be rubber bands.. gosh I hope it does well..

how you doin' Angely? looking fwd to hearing how your juice experiments go, Chris B & wendyann!

aahhhh 161.. I still have a belly like Garfield the Cat but I'm patient.. one day at a time..

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.