40 day reboot - No more excuses

Post On Group Wall

Group Wall

• ecollin479

4 years ago

Hey everyone, day 26!!! I'll have a new video up as soon as it uploads from my phone (takes forever!!) but I wanted to go ahead and say good day to everyone. I am really into cruise mode at this point, the juicing has become more of a habit than chore and just seems like my normal meal time routine. Hope everyone is well!!!

• jjsmeta4

4 years ago

Isn't it a great feeling when the juicing becomes effortless...when you know you're really honoring and taking good care of yourself. Well done, ecollin479! I had my successful 60+ juice-only fast/fest last year...with many mini's to follow. Happy Juicing...JJ

• Suesblues

4 years ago

Day 26 -- aka, Our 60 Days to Xmas Day 1! Hello newcomers, oldcome-backers and .. beachcombers.. ha ha

well it really behooves me if you know what I mean to keep posting the dailies so here ya go..

yesterday was my "sue" day - working in the a.m. then had a mani-pedi and ate a little.. also not listed was 1/2c carrot maple syrup puree & 4x corn tortillas

I always prefer ginger separately; won't mix it in with other juices -- the Greenie wasn't bad, but the leek was overpowering so I used 1x instead of 3x.. I might have to use those roasted on an infrequent "eat" day.. anybody with a good leek juice recipe ?

Used 1Lb carrot ..the yellow beet wasn't quite the roto-rooter veggie as is the red beet.. just thought I'd try it.. but going back to red.. the redder the better :).. must stock up on more zukes.. try them!

so to-date, my averages speak for themselves... although today I am 160Lb., my "real" weight is revealed in a daily average.. still would like to cut the cost down.. way over budget..

now that my sore throat is gone, my back is killing me.. giving me a headache.. and I'm boring you with that.. might go to dr. magic fingers chiropractor next week if I can..

sorry.. I whine about my ailments once in a blue moon.. really but I figure if I do here, no one has to read it!

well, there was a solar eclipse yesterday.. but that could get me going on another subject..

anyhow, count me in mostly juicing 'til New Year's 2015 !

• Stacy

4 years ago

Hi everyone, I'm one of the "newbe's" - I recently finished a 15 day guided reboot, and it was my first experience with juicing. I have to say, I was impressed. I needed to wrap it up a couple days early, but I lost 17 lbs and couldn't believe how much better I felt. Unfortunately, I fell back into some old habits and gained a few pounds back, but I'm on track again now.

This group matches my goals perfectly. I want to lose about 7 lbs before the end of the year and maintain a healthy diet thru the holidays. I'm mostly doing a modified reboot. Breakfast and Dinner are juices, and Lunch is vegetables (usually a healthy recipe I found on the site). I'll probably throw in a couple 100% juice days here and there.

I bought a cheap juicer when I started, as I wasn't sure if this was something I would want to continue. It's time to upgrade! Anybody have any juicer recommendations?

• wendyannm

4 years ago

Well, really blew it last night. I ate fetticini and tomato sauce and a few small meatballs. Could not resist as was making for hubby and it looked and smelled so damn good! It was decadent! I think I should just hide myself away from everyone for 2 months and not look at any food except juice. It is impossible to do this while still trying to cook for husband and then my kids every weekend. This is the first meat /cheese I have had in 25 days and am really upset at myself. I am away this weekend so I may just as well not worry about anything until Monday now. I will try to be diligent and selective, but it is the first hubby and I away in 3 yrs and is anniversary celebration. I need to focus and get myself back on track. Good news is I haven't gained anything since the first 10 lbs was lost. But haven't lost anymore either. See ya all on Monday!

• Suesblues

4 years ago

see wendyann, those 10 days have redeeming qualities :)! your weight stayed the same.

getting back on track is tough.. maybe you can just cook for your family once a week..

• Suesblues

4 years ago

okay, wendyann, please help me out here.. I'm going to ask you this although I see many gals on the forum saying the same thing you say.. maybe you can make me see your side of things..really I would never pick on you.. I'm all on your side... I'm just maybe dumb.. but so curious.. just don't get it!

I never understood why married rebooting gals with grown kids still cook for their hubby.. while they are juicing.. even when the hubby is a doll and cheerleading.. if he's able-bodied, why can't that hubby take care of his own eating during the time she's rebooting and help her in every little way he can? or join her for a time?

I wouldn't have it any other way that my man would say "honey I am going to help you in every way I can during your juicing extravaganza and not get in your way!"

I love cooking for and feeding a man.. but during rebooting ?

PLEASE don't think I'm telling you what to do.. I'm just a dummy and am finally asking someone.. and you're so very sweet.. forgive me. is there something wrong with me?

oh and btw I do NOT judge anyone for eating.. even cheating eating

• angelycar

4 years ago

Good Morning Everyone,its a great day to be alive :)

How is everyone doing,just catching up on the progress everyone has made and I can see we still have new members joining,welcome...we are glad to encourage u as u encourage us on this journey.

Am glad i tossed my scale and haven't weighed myself in a week,I realized it is what was causing my depression whenever I did not see any change in the scale.I am now using a tape measure and previously tight clothes to find out how much I am losing.

I have come to that point where the juices taste the same regardless of the different fruits and vegetables I mix.Has anyone experienced that? Want to drink some fresh smoothies all weekend and probably return to the juice on Monday,hope il be able to take it down.

No more hunger pangs except for the evenings when i get home and my mind is telling me to eat something but my new remedy is to go straight to bed when those thoughts kick in.

Juice on everyone,cheers (raise your glass of juice) to ending 2014 in style :)

• Juiceinator

4 years ago

This is lovin_life, but my new name as my son wanted me to go out on a limb and be the Juiceinator, he told me I was boring to say the least, and I needed something to get me going, lol. I totally fell off the wagon, and haven't stuck to anything other then feeling down in the dumps, so eating what ever I can get my hands on. I know I can do this, but I need to believe it. I'm on board again, and w/attempt making this one last. Today's weight 172.9, total lost 2.1 pounds in the last 25 days. Thanks for the email Chris, hopefully I can wake up and smell the juice.

Have an awesome day ever one, Lisa

• Chris B

4 years ago

Great name the juiceinator. 'Will you be back?' like Arnie Lisa, we will help you back, still plenty of time

• Juiceinator

4 years ago

Thanks Chris, I do need help, I appreciate your support, and everyone in this group, you're a blessing, & "Yes I'm back" - have a great night, or morning in your neck of the woods.

• Suesblues

4 years ago

going offline now.. TTY'all tomorrow!

• Suesblues

4 years ago

Chris, not to be pushy, but was last night, carrot soup night? :)

• Chris B

4 years ago

I had pumpkin soup instead, had to be used up, wasn't too bad, are you sure cold soup tastes just as good?

• wendyannm

4 years ago

Hey there all! Still hanging in here, eating clean and juice every morning. Not quite sure why I can't drop any more weight but being diligent. I am going away this weekend with hubby for a quick anniversary celebration, so not sure if I will be able to stay focused. Thinking very seriously of juicing again next week for 5 days but so afraid that I am at a plateau and nothing will happen. Smoothies may be the answer because like Chris, had a problem choking down just that juice for those original 5 days. Need to do some more research there and will seriously consider it. Maxene, I heard you have some smoothie recipes?

• Suesblues

4 years ago

go for the smoothies wendyann! I'm still waiting for my smoothie book to arrive :0

• Suesblues

4 years ago

Day 25

160 Lb -- but I only had 24 oz juice yesterday and 3x as much in water.. no exercise.. so I'm not going to take the scale seriously until the end of the month..

so this is the part where I really sound like I'm getting old.. (although btw,I do believe we should never say we are because that just helps it along..) I twisted my back out and it really hurts.. good thing my job was on my butt all day and not walking.. melatonin helped with sleep, but the pain was there all night and this a.m. ..for some reason I didn't feel one pang of hunger ..I think somehow there's some tweaking going on inside me in a positive way.. just have to be patient..

it will go away.. that's always been my creed

but I plan to stand at my sink and juicer for an hour this a.m. then be out all day.. back late tonite

sorry for boring post.. I thought there was a moral to the story in there somewhere..

• tortoise not hare

4 years ago

In her 40's my imah (mother) started telling people (who were none the wiser) that she was 10 years older than she was. Until the day she died she was inundated with compliments about how young she looked for her age!

• [...]

4 years ago

I like ur mums way of thinking, tnh. What a smart woman. Lol, I told the upcoming date I was 75, and a 3 foot alien who doesnt wear makeup. Lets see what happens.

Edit | Delete your post

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.