40 day reboot - No more excuses

Post On Group Wall

Group Wall

• Leslie

4 years ago

Hello everyone! I am so glad I am not alone. I have started AGAIN today with day 1 of what I am planning to be a 15 day plan. I did well with the last 15 day plan back when this group was getting in shape for Christmas. After that, it all went downhill. BUT.... today is a new day!

Does anyone still hangout here and chat? The support you get from groups like this is so important.

Leslie

• HapppySoul

4 years ago

So my socializing event last night did not quite go as planned....I had brussel sprouts and a ceasar salad as planned....but also 2 glasses of wine. technically, those are grapes..which are fruit....hmmmm :)

• Stacy

4 years ago

I'm not currently doing smoothies, but when I do, I use frozen fruit (unless I have fresh in my backyard - which is always nice). I'm currently on day 38 of a 60 day juice fast (or what I like to call a juice feast!) For some reason, juicing seems to be very easy for me. I know a lot of people really struggle juicing, and I actually feel a little guilty because, other than the first couple of days, it is such a positive and peaceful experience for me.

I watched FSND in Sept of last year, did a couple 15ish day reboots, then commited to making 2015 the year I actually achieve my goals (instead of just making them and watching the year go by, like I usually do). So I'm kicking the year off with a 60 day reboot, then I'll transition for a month or so to give my body a breather from weight loss, then likely do shorter reboots similar to your plan happpysoulin.

• Chris B

4 years ago

I think frozen fruit bags is the way to go for my smoothies, more cost effective and quicker to prepare. Happy Soulin you are right, thinking about short term goals, end of the week and start next mini goal. Day 2 feeling lively. Doing the Livestrong 'Stronger' high Intensity training session every morning before work. Tough to start with but getting better. Feeling a little more energetic each day, hope I start seeing results very soon

• HapppySoul

4 years ago

Hi Folks! I am doing a 10 day reboot with Smoothies. I did 10 days in Jan and lost 12 lbs. No weight gained back over the last 3 weeks or so. Today is day 1 of 10, but I have 3 socializing events this week which I can't get out of...so my plan is to have salads. I do not feel like I am 'starting over' each time. I feel like it is just an ongoing journey....so no reason to beat myself up....just make new choices each day. How is everyone else doing?

• Chris B

4 years ago

12lbs, that is fantastic, got any smoothie recipes I could try out?

• Stacy

4 years ago

Great job! You have the attitude of success!

• HapppySoul

4 years ago

The base of my smoothies is always the same - Coconut water, spinach, cucumber, 2 stalks celery, and 1 regular white mushroom. This keeps it smooth and fresh tasting. I always add cucumber because it is AMAZING for my skin, and celery (which i used to HATE) because it has 8 cancer fighting agents, and the mushroom because it also has cancer fighting agents. Then depending on what I have on hand, I will add a a stalk or two of kale and/or a small zuchinni. My 'green' base is always some combination of that. Then I throw in whatever combination I am in the mood for - apples, banana, frozen strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, or an island mix of frozen mango, pineapple, strawberry. I buy big bags of organic frozen fruit from Costco. I also get my big bags of organic spinach/kale mix from costco, too. If i do not like the taste of it...I just add some organic juice of some sort...it might end up being 2-3 oz, and I also add water to thin it out. I drink about 64 oz in a day, plus water. That is generally my diet for my reboots. If I ever decide to go longer than about 10 days..I will need more recipes! I am really focused on living with this long term...and this combination seems to work for me...I have done it a number of times...but here and there where i only really focused for 10 -14 days....this time I am thinking 10 day reboots each month until I get down to my goal. Or 10 days on, 10 days off, with the 10 days off being 90% vegan meals...10% as I wish. I will take it a day at a time and see how it goes. How are all of you approaching this both short term and long term?

• Chris B

4 years ago

As promised, here we go again, starting over. I am now at over 16.5 stone with a BMI of 32.81.

My body measurements have ballooned too

Chest/Moobs 44''

Waist: 43''

Left/Right thigh: 27''

Left/Right Bingo Wings: 14''

Beer Gut: 46''

Food all ready to go tomorrow, exercise plan too, if any members or friends want to start again with me, now is a good time, new month, weather should be getting better too hopefully. Check in tomorrow. Over and out!!

• Stacy

4 years ago

Hey Chris - I'm so glad you are starting again. Sounds like you are all prepped and ready to go. Seems like the first part of the year is always a great time to recommit to our goals!

• Chris B

4 years ago

Definitely, definitely, definitely going to do this again on 1st Feb, got Italy trip next week, so I know I will be stuffing my face with pizzas and pasta,

• ecollin479

4 years ago

Great to hear Chris and don't forget, you are always welcome in the group I started!! It is a pretty active group with many different reboot types, lengths and start dates!!!

• Ellyn

4 years ago

I am waiting for my juicer to come in, along with the book and can't wait to get started!

• carolyn

4 years ago

Hi Guys, wow fantastic that you are restarting!! Like you guys ended up focusing on other stuff, hehe started the dating scene after 7 years, that was challenging enough!!

Anyhow have just committed to a some personnel training and a 30 day hot yoga challenge so time to nail this bugger of sabotaging eating!!

Thankyou guys for previous messages and my appologies for not checking till now xx

• Suesblues

4 years ago

hi Carolyn! good for you although I must say, dating is braver than juicing!

• carolyn

4 years ago

haha totally agree Sues!

• Chris B

4 years ago

Good to see you back Carolyn, I will be starting again from tomorrow, doing an official weigh in

• Chris B

4 years ago

Are you still going Carolyn!!

• HapppySoul

4 years ago

Happy to find a group that is doing smoothies, as well! That is what I am doing, instead of juice. I am on Day 6, down 11.4 lbs. Woohoo! Aiming for 30 days.

• ecollin479

4 years ago

I have invited you to the new group I created, all are welcome there. This group hasn't been real active since the end of November, just a heads up.

• Chris B

4 years ago

Good start already Soulin 5280,

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.