40 day reboot - No more excuses

Post On Group Wall

Group Wall

• redroses

3 years ago

hi Chris & all. Glad you are all here. I have been struggling a lot and breaking the promises I have made to myself. I am currently tired of being sick and tired. Day 1 is tomorrow. Taking all my measurements, took out exercise equipment and took a before picture of myself. I also stripped down and looked at myself in the mirror. No beating myself up just trying to get real with where I am "today". I am going to check in every day - probably 3 times a day with honesty. I am happy that you are all there and look forward to sharing this adventure with you, celebrating and Supporting each other. See you soon.

• HapppySoul

3 years ago

So I TOTALLLYYYYY fell off the bandwagon during the trip to Vegas and my friend's visit. I don't think I have logged in to this site since that one post stating I had those plans and hoping I would not mess up! I did! I keep telling myself it is a journey. So....here goes the next ride.

I turn 41 in 40 days. So..I thought...how about a 40 day smoothie fast?

I started today. Mostly I do mean green smoothies that include cucumber, zuchinni, spinach, kale, celery, and then either a mix of strawberries/blueberries/blackberries or pineapple/mango/peach. Pretty yummy. I will add some apple or acai juice if it is too bland or the celery has made it bitter. I was reading on a FB group about watermelons...so I am going to get some of those, too. Watermelon and lime is apparently really good!

Happy to see I am not just kicking this next leg of my journey off alone.

Bottoms up! :)

• HapppySoul

3 years ago

BTW - i have never made it past 10 days. Also, I won't post my weight, but I hope to lose 25 lbs if I manage to stick with 40 days!

• Chris B

3 years ago

Good start after 3 days, BMI has dropped 0.50 points already, just hovering over the 16 half stone mark. Struggling with the juices, I think I am not making some of them quite right, putting in too much ginger. I like to thank Sueblues for the advice, most appreciated,

• Suesblues

3 years ago

Chris, I hope that my experience helps you to get thru the 40:

in 30 days of juicing 90% of the time and 10% smoothies plus eating raw vedges & I lost 12Lb, exactly 4Lb every 10 days...you'll have to calculate that to stones? that's with almost no exercise. the overall improvements in health and weight loss are quite disappointing but the confidence and the resolve that I can do this easily and continue on, overshadow that

so I've decided to go another 40 beginning today, adding exercise in hopes of seeing very dramatic improvements this time.. we shall see

the most important thing for each individual is to not set the reboot up for failure..i.e., if temptation has a chance of getting you to cheat, you will cheat .. I waited until I knew absolutely that I would be able to defeat it... took a month

so the steps that helped me mentally are: 1)keep your juice routine as simple & consistent as possible (same thing every day) 2)keep a strict weekly schedule (juice, work, juice, walk, sleep, repeat) and 3)devise precise weapons to use against temptation..(fun things)

sounds like you don't like the juices you picked.. so find a juice you really love and stick to it . if you find yourself juice-less, eat raw vedges..or salads then find a way to make sure you don't find yourself in that situation again... just don't be hungry or ... well you know

actually I do believe that you Chris, can lose 40Lb in a couple of months just eating all the fruit you want in the morning and raw vedges the rest of the day.. you can choose a couple of days a week to juice only.

I just don't want you to suffer doing this

• Chris B

3 years ago

Done my juices for tomorrow

2 x Taj Mahal

1 x Captain Melon

1 x Carrot Tangerine Ginger

Yuk!

• Chris B

3 years ago

Here we go again, nearly 17 stone, the biggest I've ever been. Can't believe the junk I'm eating at the moment. Chocomilk from the vending machine at work is a big one for me at the moment, everyone keeps offering to buy me one!. I've got to get this down to at least 16 stone in the next couple of weeks. Ridiculous this.

• Stacy

3 years ago

Glad to have you back Chris!

• Chris B

3 years ago

Thank you Stacy, determined to make a proper go of it this time

• Suesblues

3 years ago

oh and btw ChrisB, 80% of my juice has been carrots.. with red bell, cayenne, lemon and tomato juice.. I do believe that cayenne attacks fat and all that icky stuff that goes with it!

today is my Day 31/60

• Chris B

3 years ago

Hows it going Sue, 31 days is amazing, has it made a diffiference?

• Suesblues

3 years ago

hey ChrisB! well, it's nice to hear from you.

the way I see it, whether you blew it or not is neither here nor there .. join the club (oh er, should I say.. my club?).. I find that it's easier to stick to a reboot when we don't get down on ourselves..and just keep trying then before we know it, it's done. 90% of it is just knowing it works.. so you're way ahead of the masses. and the other 10% is starting off on the right foot mentally making it a priority.. which is the hard part..

anyhoo I'm on my fourth go around and by george this time I think I've got it! posting on Eric's group which has become a ghost town.. so I'll chirp in on your group now and then if only to see how you are doing, K?

p.s. who's the dude that turned to stone in your picture? :)

• Chris B

3 years ago

Thats what happens to me when I give up. I turn to stone and can't move!!

• Chris B

3 years ago

Hi gang, back again for the umpteenth time. Need to have a proper go at this and see it through up and until end of April. Going to be posting all sorts of stuff to keep myself and hopefully some of you motivated. Anyone fancies starting again, let me know. Going to the shops now and getting everything together for tomorrow. No more bullshit

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.