Reboot Newbies

Starting 5/24 15/30 Day

Reboot Newbies

Posted by ValarieLemons on 6 years ago I'm starting today. :) My plan is to go for 15 days and if I see good results, I will stretch it out to 30 days. Exercising like a madwoman hasn't helped me, diet supplements haven't either. But I got my juicer a couple of weeks ago and with just subbing a quart of green juice for either breakfast or dinner, I started feeling more alive. That can't be a bad thing, right? :). I've also noticed that if I drink the juice for dinner, then try to sleep soon after, I get a slightly jittery feeling, which I interpret as little packets of energy thrilling my nutrition-starved cells. Lol My sister told me yesterday that she will juice right along with me for support, but when I handed her a quart of freshly made green juice full of carrot, she balked at the "smell". Lol. She smokes, I don't. I really don't notice a smell to my juice. I think it's psychological because the color was a little brown, and she's a red-loving person. I'm a teacher, and today is my first day of summer break. I decided to wait until now, because if days 1-4 get a little unpleasant, I won't have to interact with other humans outside of buying my produce. I can just nap. I'm hoping that these summer days bring lots of fresh local veggie availability, because the stores pretty much suck. I can't even find spinach right now. Maybe I should put in some raised beds in my backyard and grow my own!

This topic contains 32 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by ValarieLemons 6 years ago.

Replies To Starting 5/24 15/30 Day

• ValarieLemons

6 years ago
    Trying to see if I can add a ticker. Lol [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/woGQtd5/] [img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/woGQtd5/weight.png[/img] [/url]
  • Journey2782

6 years ago
    Hey Valarie, I'm on day 21 and down 23 lbs! If I can do it, u most def can as well!!!! Good luck!! That hardest part is sticking to it!! My first week was HELL. It was hard but I made it thru. My cravings have faded now but food still smells wonderful. I'm looking forward to eating healthier. Good luck!!!!
  • ValarieLemons

6 years ago
    Great success for you so far! I've.... Got a headache! On day 1. Lol. But I have migraines pretty often, so I'll just drink coconut water and hope for goodness. :) [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/woGQtd5/] [img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/woGQtd5/weight.png[/img] [/url]
  • heyjojo

6 years ago
    I started today too, so we're on the same schedule! I would do a longer fast, but this one will just be a week; we're going out of town to celebrate my birthday next weekend, and I plan on eating. ;) I may come home and pick it right back up. I chose to start today because of the 3-day weekend ahead...if I feel miserable, at least I can be miserable at home instead of taking it out on innocent people at my job! So far today, I have a headache from caffeine withdrawal and am a little tired. The day is dragging! If you live somewhere that you can plant spinach and kale, DO IT. My raised beds are just getting going, and I think it will be great to have that as a resource for fresh produce this summer. Good luck to you!
  • jaimieeb

6 years ago
    Hey! Congratulations on getting started! :) Yes, headaches might be common those first few days. Fatigue, constant cravings, and even depression if you have an emotional attachment to food like I did. However, the worst of it is over between days 3 and 5, and by the end of next week you'll be amazed at how much better you feel. Here's a great site with a lot of helpful information about juice fasting including the stages you'll experience along the way - there are more links at the bottom of the page: http://www.healthrecipes.com/fast21.htm
  • ValarieLemons

6 years ago
    Well, I have a long hoped-for date coming up in June -- not what made me want to try fasting -- just a pleasant surprise. So there will be ONE night when I'm eating a normal dinner. My date is already poking gentle fun at me for mutilating fruits and veggies, lol, so he knows what I'm doing. It would be lovely to have a significant weight loss by our date. Enough to make me look better in a cute new outfit, I'm hoping. Ultimately, I'm hoping to have an easier time running. I've been at it for a year and plagued by weight-related injuries and shin splints. Every race I enter disheartens me. I know I can't win, but once I hurt my hip and another time I ended up dragging my leg. My friends were so far ahead of me I lost track of them and I had thought we were going to run together. I don't look that big, but I do feel the weight, and my bones were never meant to carry a heavy load. So I'm hoping this works. I've got a killer headache right now! [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/woGQtd5/] [img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/woGQtd5/weight.png[/img] [/url]
  • ValarieLemons

6 years ago
    End f the second day, my headache hasn't eased up. It's turned into a migraine, and I'm nauseated again like I was lat night. Has anybody else had such bad results from day one? I was in bed most of the day, coping, and now I can't sleep for the pain in my head and the sick feeling.
  • joeCT

6 years ago
    Hi Valarie- I'm on the same schedule as you (beginning my third day). Yesterday was not a good day for me. Hunger pains, overall malaise. Last night I had a cup of warm water with a splash of lemon. Helped ease my nausea. You might try it. Headaches can be caused by caffeine withdrawal. Were you a big coffee, tea or soda drinker? It can also be caused by a lack of calories. Did you drink enough juices or were you too nauseous? Joe
  • ValarieLemons

6 years ago
    I usually have a cup of coffee in the morning to wake me up, but over last week I tapered off on the coffee, reducing it finally to a third of a teaspoon on the last day, so I didn't exactly quit cold turkey. Not much of a soda drinker these days because of the calories and the fact that high fructose corn syrup makes me sick. I don't even bother with tea , which I know is an affront to southerners everywhere. Lol I drank all of the juices I was supposed to for the day, along with several glasses of water as chasers. I have some herbal tea, but I couldn't stand the thought of drinking anything else last night. I may need to try more lemon water. Thanks for the advice. :). I'm lying here flat in my bed incapacitated by my headache. I just know that when I stand up my eyes are going to explode. :). If I could get to the gym and weigh myself, and see good results, I bet that would help my outlook. My home scale says I've lost five pounds, but it's a cheap piece of junk known t give me false hope before. Ha ha ha .

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.