Group Reboots

Starting 11/15/13 - REALLY need buddies for support

Group Reboots

Posted by TheWilsons on 5 years ago

Hello! We are in search of some serious candidates for being a buddy to this couple that SO DESPERATELY needs to lose weight. We are barely in our 40s but feel like we are 80. We have been inspired by the FS&ND film, but after trying the fast in the past (21 days) and restarting multiple times since, we realize we NEED some folks to stay accountable to. Would you be willing to be that accountability partner for us? We are SO tired of being sick and tired - and we just might be nearly dead. Of course, we are here to be givers as well, and not just takers, so we will do our best to offer encouragement ourselves as we go. Thanks for your consideration of helping us get this done. We absolutely must get our health under control, and it is either now or never. Thanks! All the best to you all.

This topic contains 16510 replies, has 1 voices, and was last updated by Leslie 2 days ago.

Replies To Starting 11/15/13 - REALLY need buddies for support

• Leslie

6 months ago

I posted a long dissertation on my trip and it is not here. Anyway we had a great time lots of food and drink involved. Had a lot of fun in the sun. Too much for everyone to drink the last night though I didn't go overboard like the others who suffered all of yesterday at the airports etc. I haven't looked at pictures yeat.Trying to get laundry done last was is in the washer now the first 3 are folded and put away or hanging to dry and getting put away as they dry. I have one individual blouse to wash that needs special care so it is waiting.

It is supposed to rain for the next 2 weeks here 4 inches are forecast for tomorrow. My daffodils are coming up! I hope they are not too badly damaged. I should pick some to bring indoors. I have a good pile of wood moved in to the garage, and the fireplace is ready to be lit.

• Leslie

6 months ago

• Leslie

6 months ago

• Leslie

6 months ago

Good morning, not sure why this poste 2x LOL. I feel good this morning back and adjusted to the time change. we did feel exhausted last night at bed time! I went to make dinner last night and we ran out of propane! So we had to wait for this morning to get propane and so the house id COLD! I had the fire ready to go so when Mark got up he lit the fire and so far it hasn't begun to get the house heated though i can feel it blowing out if I stand in front of it. I am considering a 3 day water fast and have been reading some about it on the computer. I found a pdf of Jason Fung's book for free on line, however I decided to buy it on amazon to go to my kindle because it was over 200 pages long. Yesterday I had some fruit at 10 which was early for me, followed by left over salad from diner the night before at 11. We ate at 5:30 I used the oven which does not need propane to work we had pasta and salad. I think we went to bed at 9:10 last night. Going to try drinking broth during the day to keep warm. I have canned tomatoes, celery, onions, thyme and other things I can use to make my own in the instant pot. Just missing a leek as I like the way leek seems to make the broth so smooth and delicious. I just may need to go to the store!

• Leslie

6 months ago

Good morning! I have been putting off calling my sister Jane as she told me to leave her alone. I have been hearing from my mother and sister Maude as to what is going on. She was supposed to hear from the surgeon yesterday but had not received a call yet when I called her in the afternoon. From what I have read about her cancer she is at stage III. She does not appear to know that and I am not telling her!

Anyway she was angry at me for criticizing her diet. She eats all pre-prepared foods, which is something I could understand when she was a single parent who worked at a State mental health facility where she often had to work mandatory overtime. So her days were often 16-24 hours long. So her kids are both obese from all of the junk they were given to eat.

So yesterday she told me to send her some links to healthier eating and so I did that later in the afternoon. This morning I heard about high fiber diet lowering cancer recurrence in breast cancer patients by 64%. I found a study from Australia that claimed the same for ovarian cancer. So I sent her that this morning. She just texted me while I was writing this post and I gave her some quick and healthy ideas for easy meals. She is going to Trader Joe's today and will be shopping for some of the ingredients. I am going to go shopping after I pack and plan to make a golden milk paste to make golden milk tea. One for me and one for her.

I have also heard that being in a cancer group can increase your odds of survival by 68% last night in fact! I have been encouraging her to join a support group and I found one near her that has good recommendations and so I will send her the information. They meet 4 days a week, between 9 am and 4 pm so she should be able to find a group to join and can try several.

• Soose

6 months ago

Morning, Leslie. Thanks for the lovely daffodil and iris pictures! Eye candy.

I've lost track of when you're traveling to see your sister. Pretty soon I think. If not gone already. I hope you can help her. You know, when you get a diagnosis like that, it seems everyone is coming at you with all sorts of different information and biases, too, and you can get overloaded real quickly. Even with healthy hints. Too much to take in.

The number of people being diagnosed with cancer is just astounding nowadays. (For those older like me, who grew up when it wasn't that common.) It's a condemnation of our food sources and lifestyle and the environment we live in and medical treatments we agree to and who knows what else -- not just our individual food choices imo. I mean, if a person had eaten the norm of foods in previous generations, she may have gotten away with it, at least on the surface? My grandparents all lived long lives into 90's; my parents into their 70's. :( I think having the home / farm grown foods when growing up and most of their lives added to my grandparents' lifespan. Even using Southern over-cooking and fat laden foods, etc., and even though everyone used chemicals on their tomatoes growing in the back yard. They did eat real unprocessed foods.

Well, I'm just running on. Hope we hear from you while you're visiting. If not, best of luck with the trip.

• shoman

6 months ago

Hi Leslie. Beautiful flowers in the pics. Sorry to hear about your sister. I just bought broccoli "sprouts". which are crazy high in antioxidents. Im fat, 250 and working out with a trainer. Not watching diet especially. I eat healthy but eat too much...

Good to see you and Zeke still about. Looks like Gram hasn't posted in a while. I'm looking at my Thumbnail and thinking about what it was like to be that small. Maybe I'll do it again someday.

See you guys.

• Soose

6 months ago

Hi, Shoman. Remember you from last year when I was here rebooting. Welcome back!

• Leslie

6 months ago

Hi shoman. Good to see you again. I hope you are successful working out with your trainer. Smaller portions of food will help, so will time restricted eating you can google intermittent fasting to learn about it and can work to narrow your eating window over a period of time so you end up consuming less food without the hunger.

Soose, my sister and I have a history of disagreements. she has made a lot of really poor choices in life, and never seems to learn from her mistakes. She has been unhappy most of her life and often tries to hide the unhappiness until it becomes unbearable for her. She raised her kids to be dependant on her and they are going through life with no prospects for the future. My niece is pregnant and due soon for a little girl. No job no means of support because she lives with my sister who never gave her the wings to fly on her own, and when she did get a job, she badgered her to quit and take care of her while recovering from her first cancer surgery. so she quit and hung out with jobless friends and really was not any help whatsoever. My nephew has gone from job to job nothing consistent and is now doing comedy. He may have a chance to make something for himself but the pay is little and he goes from town to town living in his car because hotels are too expensive, costing more than what he makes in a big city. He was chosen to appear on a comedy central special that will be airing soon. I hope for his sake it works out, but I can see him and his personality are like his dad's and he could end his own life like both his dad and Robin Williams. Both her children still live at home and she pays for everything. My parents own the home and she has not paid rent for many months, which is hard for them.

I have been at my parents since Friday afternoon today is Sunday. I did some shopping with Maude yesterday and made dinner for may parents last night and cleaned the kitchen. Make the bed in the morning for them too. My mom's back is bad and she gets a shot Wednesday. Meeting my sister Jane for lunch today with everyone. I have gifts for the new baby Charlotte. Will be making a batch of breakfast burritos later for the freezer and looking for some other healthy vegan freezer choices. I should probably make some soups and also some chili beans. Food for thought!

• Soose

6 months ago

Hugs, Leslie. Family can be hard. I probably spoke out of line, forgetting all these other aspects of dealing with your sister. Didn't really put two and two together that this was the same sister of yours from past posts and current. Sigh.

Meanwhile, congrats on the baby shopping today and the food and plans for it all sound so good! Your posts have made me hungry and it's almost midnight! I really need to try those breakfast burritos -- I know I can find the recipe back in the Juicing and Feasting group by paging back -- and I have tofu in the fridge. I'll put it on my goals list for this week. (I was going to make some tofu jerky but the burritos are something I just have to try!)

I sure wish I could spend a few days or week looking over your shoulder to see how you manage all you do with cooking and juicing. You make it sound so easy but I know it's a lot of work!

You should publish a blog or a youtube channel and I can be your first subscriber! I guess that's what some of these posts here on site amount to!

• Leslie

6 months ago

Good morning! I have cleaned the bedrooms and the plumber is here he just left for parts so i am going to start cooking my sweet potato to make the breakfast burritos, and make the tofu eggs as well. Once i get all the ingredients ready I can make the burritos. When the plumber gets done I am going to re-vacuum and steam clean the carpet. Then this will be the end of my chores unless I decide to make some larger meals for dinners but that I will do tomorrow I brought my instant pot with me so I can make a few recipes each day. I just need to decide what to make and go shopping! The burritto recipe is the most complecated so off to make that

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.