Free for All

plateau

Free for All

Posted by rld1362 on 11 months ago

Currently on a 30 fast day 16 and for the last 4 days have gained and lost the same 1/2 lb. Really frustrating has anyone been stuck this long or longer ? Just mean green juice.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 1 voices, and was last updated by KateMoss 8 months ago.

Replies To plateau

• Zootal

11 months ago

My record is 21 days without significant weight loss. But in my case, there were medical reasons for it. Some people drink a lot of juice and are not physically active and have a low BMR to start with, and in some cases their weight loss might drop to just a pound a week, making us thing we are on a plateau. In the end it comes down to calories in vs calories burned, and four days with no weight loss really is not unusual. If it persists for ten days, then you need to take a close hard look at what you are doing.

• Soose

11 months ago

@rld1362, more than once on the groups I belong to on this site, people have been stuck on a plateau and got off it by drinking MORE juice. You might also try more varieties. There's a lot more to juicing than Mean Green.

And at day 15, I hear you're supposed to start adding in protein powder (though I know some who add chia seeds/flax/avocado instead?). Come ask over on the groups.

• Zootal

11 months ago

When I drank more juice, I gained weight. I got past the plateau by doing a water fast for a few days. Go figure?

• LolaC

8 months ago

I think you should not be upset about this. Because the body is peculiar to hold back the weight for a while. Wait and do not descend from the distance and weight loss will resume.

• KateMoss

8 months ago

Perhaps the body accumulates water. You need to wait a bit and everything will be fine.

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.