Free for All

New to Juicing!

Free for All

Posted by RoxyW on 5 years ago

Hello,

I bought a Nutri Bullet last year but just recently decided to get serious about juicing after watching Joe's documentary. Very inspiring!

I am a vegetarian who previously lived on protein bars and peanut butter. I seldom ate fruit or veggies and love pasta and chocolate. I made a decision to drastically cut out my carb intake a few years ago but I tend to eat more in the colder months. This is the perfect time to start juicing and so far I love it! I tend to have low blood sugar and I was worried that I might get real hungry but my blood sugar levels seem to be steady and I am satisfied. I have a tofu and fruit smoothie for breakfast and a green juice later on in the day.

I do have a question though... I noticed that my green juice smoothie tends to be thick, almost like applesauce. The Nutri Bullet doesn't extract so is the pulp making it thick? I add some water but maybe I am not adding enough. Will I still get all the nutritional benefits of juicing when it is thick as opposed to a thinner consistency?

I am using collards for my greens but they seem to be tougher than kale. I think I will use spinach or swiss chard next time.

Any suggestions/tips are welcome!

- See more at: http://community.rebootwithjoe.com/discussions/topic/new-to-juicing-and-community#sthash.1k5xGbL3.dpuf

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voices, and was last updated by RoxyW 5 years ago.

Replies To New to Juicing!

• Piwacket

5 years ago

Hi welcome, a Nutri Bullit is not a juicer and you won't get a true "juice" using a blender type of machine I would think that is why you are not getting juice but more of a smoothie (with more calories) as a result. Check out the tab on juicing where Joe goes over the various types of juicers for more details on blenders and juicers. There is a lot of good info on this website under all the tabs. Good luck.

• RoxyW

5 years ago

Hello,

Thanks for the comments. I tried adding more liquid and got the thinner consistency I was looking for. The Nutri Bullet uses all the fruit and veggies so there is no waste and clean-up is easy. I just ordered some Goji powder and can't wait to add it to my recipes. I wish I could find passion fruit locally because I really want to try the recipe using it!

I am committed to consuming more fruits and veggies and while I have healthy blood sugar and cholesterol levels, I want to lose 20 pounds. I am losing my sugar cravings which I think was the reason I couldn't lose weight. I gained some when I turned 50 and became menopausal. Sigh!

I would like to add you as my friend.

Take care!

Roxy

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.