Real Change

Need some help

Real Change

Posted by Juicegal on 4 years ago

Hey everybody. I've done a reboot last month and lost 11 lbs. Now I've joined a gym and try to go as much as possible, but I feel like I'm slipping off the rails. Any suggestions? Support? I've gained 5 lbs back and I don't want to gain anymore. My job is pretty much a desk job.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 1 voices, and was last updated by Jrmorte 4 years ago.

Replies To Need some help

• smokeless joe

4 years ago

a 5lb. rebound is not uncommon after coming off a reboot. a mainly plant-based diet should slowly take any excess weight off, especially if you are exercising. are you still incorporating at least 1 juice a day into your diet ?

• MikeThompson

4 years ago

Have you considered a short 2 or 3 day reboot every few weeks to help keep your body and mind tuned to a vegetable based diet? A reboot is great, but it's actually fairly short compared to a lifetime of bad habits most of us are dealing with.

I have about 7 days to go on a 30 day reboot and my greatest fear is the inevitable rebound afterwards. I've put so much effort to make it thus far, but I know that some bounce back will happen.

As Joe mentions above, I do plan on juicing or blending at least one or two meals a day for several weeks afterwards, eating vegan inspired servings for most the other meals, and only indulging once or twice a week in a more standard meal which would include meat or eggs. Breads and other processed high carb foods along with sodas are a thing of the past. That's my plans at least, but we'll see if I can keep the discipline up.

• Juicegal

4 years ago

I spoke with my fiancé about the weight gain and he agreed with me that I should have at least one juice a day. It's frustrating to gain the weight back.

• Sjonni

4 years ago

I have done my first reboot in this month and lost 12 pounds. I drink 2 juices a day now and I have not gain any weight since. 2 juices a day made me (almost)stop use of dairy product and i never eat bread now. Making healthy soups and salat. Eat 1 or 2 times per week chicken/turkey and sometimes I have a juice fish. I drink always 16 ounce water first in the morning. It is not end of the world. BTW I also have a desk job.

• MikeThompson

4 years ago

I have a sedentary job as well. Looks like you are succeeding post reboot and that is very encouraging. I hope to follow your example.

• Juicegal

4 years ago

Thank you very much for your encouragement. I'm going to be starting another reboot at the end of this week. Can't wait!

• Jrmorte

4 years ago

hang in there! I agree with all the above! I'm on day 18 of my first 30 day fast I've lost 17 lbs and feel great! When I feel low and unmotivated I watch the movies again, and I think about how much healthier I am now. I am going for 60 days and this hasn't been a picnic especially today July 4th! I would love to backslide and have a burger ect! Then I think of Phil and try to keep mindfull of my goal! You can do this! Try not to beat yourself up just keep moving forward! Good luck!

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.