Ask the Nutritionist

Juicing while recovering from surgery?

Ask the Nutritionist

Posted by Tejui on 3 years ago

I'm soon to go and have carpal tunnel surgery on both hands, one at a time, and thought that whilst recovering, it would be easier to be juicing i.e. less strain on the hands. The weight loss would be a very welcomed added bonus.

But before I do this would you say this will provide all the needs of the body to repair and heal or be more detrimental?

Any advice would be welcomed from fellow rebooters or nutritionist please.

This topic contains 1 replies, has 1 voices, and was last updated by Claire Georgiou - ND 3 years ago.

Replies To Juicing while recovering from surgery?

• Claire Georgiou - ND

3 years ago

Dear Tejui,

This would certainly work in your favour as the juices will provide plenty of tissue healing nutrients such as Vitamin C and Vitamin A.

Adding Joe's protein powder in your lunch juice would be recommended for the additional protein and nutrients that would support healing post surgery.

Protein: Will I Get Enough? | Reboot With Joe

I would also recommend adding in 2 tsp of a healthy oil in your dinner juice such as coconut oil, avocado oil, walnut oil or olive oil with your dinner juice to ensure adequate nutrients while also supporting you post surgery with the added bonus of losing weight :)

Please let me know if you have any further questions!

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.