Ask the Nutritionist

Juicing well below 1200 calories!!

Ask the Nutritionist

Posted by WJS on 5 years ago

Hello, on the site it says the recipes should provide around 1200 calories a day and that we should try not to go below 1200 calories a day.

Johnathan on another thread kindly posted a link (below) to a very useful site that allows you to input what you add to a juice and it calculates the calories and provides nutritional information which is great. I input the ingredients which was very varied yesterday that amounted to 3 litres (101 oz.) that lasts me a day and a half. But the calories were around 680 calories!!!

Will this slow my metabolism down when I finish the fast and start eating normally after eating so few calories a day?

http://juicerecipes.com/build/

This topic contains 3 replies, has 1 voices, and was last updated by aadil khan 9 months ago.

Replies To Juicing well below 1200 calories!!

• Claire Georgiou - ND

5 years ago

What juice plan are you following? What juices are you drinking?

• WJS

5 years ago

Arghh!! Just wrote all this out and lost it to have to sign in. This keeps happening but thought it was worth doing it again this time!

I am juicing only and want to follow it for at least 30 days, I juice 3 litres (101 oz) and sometimes I drink it in a day (sometimes even a little more!) but it can last me more than a day sometimes.

I am a 5'5 in 145 lb female. I do worry about lowering my metabolism on this amount of calories per day but my juice contains more calories that the recipes given on the site, particularly the Mean Green that many people use exclusively from what I gather from the comments on the site.

The below are the ingredients I typically use for my juice depending on availability. This time around I have started adding a beetroot which I didn't before because of availability.

I am worried about creating metabolism problems but I am also concerned that I am not losing much and even went four days with a small gain (day 10 through 13 - 15th day today with very marginal losses today and yesterday.2 and .1). So was considering dropping the beetroot and the carrots. However this would lower the calories even more so not sure what best to do.

4 - 5 green apples

2-3 carrots

1/2 to 1 whole bunch broccoli

2 bell peppers

2 cucumbers

2-3 courgettes (zucchini)

6 kale leave (only recently because of availability, normally savoy cabbage)

2 handfuls of spinach (again depending on availability)

1 beetroot

1/4 to 1/2 head of white cabbage

knob of ginger root

2 peeled lemons

1-2 endives (rarely)

1 eggplant (rarely)

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.