FAQ

How much juice

FAQ

Posted by DanRoto on 1 year ago

My question is how much juice is the right amount? does it depend on age weight sex or is there good rule of thumb?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 1 voices, and was last updated by Zootal 8 months ago.

Replies To How much juice

• Zootal

1 year ago

There really isn't any such thing as the "right amount". There comes a point where drinking more juice gives diminishing returns, but I don't think anyone really knows what that point is. I think the "official" recommendation was to have a minimum of three or four "servings" a day of 16-22 ounces, but most such recommendations, along with all the reboot plans, have been removed from this website. You have to join a paid reboot, or buy Joe's books to see what a long term reboot plan is like.

If you haven't already, I recommend getting Joe's first book, "Reboot with Joe Juice Diet". Amazon has it for a decent price. It has the original recipes and original reboot plans.

• missledesma

8 months ago

is the 16-22 ounces the amount for someone who is solely juicing alone or someone who is still partially eating?

• Zootal

8 months ago

I think that amount was invented by Joe Cross's team and is specifically for those drinking juice alone. Many of the reboot juices contain a high percentage of cucumber juice. That thins out unpleasant tasting greens and lowers the overall calorie count. It's good for a diet type of juice.

Reboot and diet juices are designed to have a high water content and to be low in calorie. You rarely see carrots in them, and you find a lot of cucumber.

Outside of the reboot world, carrots are the base for most non-fruit juices, and all of my juices start with carrots and maybe an apple. Cucumbers are rare, as is a high amount of greens. I have Jay Kordich's book, The Juiceman's Power of Juicing, and all of those recipes only make 8 ounces. If you want to expand your juicing knowledge, pick up one of Jay Kordich's books. His approach is sustainable juicing for health, day in and day out, not a 2-4-8 week juice fast. It's a very different approach.

• DanRoto

1 year ago

Thanks for the recomendation

• Zootal

1 year ago

And watch the first movie, FS&ND. That and Joe's first book give you just about all the information and motivation you need to get started :)

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.