Free for All

How I lost 145 lbs with Daily Reboot Juicing

Free for All

Posted by DanMiller BettyRae on 7 years ago

My name is Dan (5'11" - 52 yr old) and I joined the reboot network on 7-24-2011 after watching Joe's Documentary. I weighed 289 pounds. I immediately went and bought a Breville Juicer (the BEST brand) and I did a 3 day vegetable juicing fast. I only drank pitchers of fresh juice (and water) for 3 days - as much as I wanted, to jumpstart my program. Everyday I made/make a juice of approx: 2 pounds Carrots,1/2 bunch Celery, 1 big cucumber, 3 leaves Kale, 1/4 Beet, 1 green apple and a knob of ginger. During the reboot juice fasting period I only had veggie juice, all day everyday - no solid food. The "all you can drink" nutrition packed vegetable juice keeps you feeling full and energized and allows your digestive tract to balance. I instantly started feeling better - through a juice fast! I instantly dropped pounds which motivated me to continue.

November 2013 Update: I am 53 - soon to be 54 years old and I have lost 145 pounds and regained the health of my entire family with Daily Reboot Juicing and a Plant-Based Whole food eating lifestyle. Please See: http://www.rebootwithjoe.com/reboot-success-story-...

After the Reboot juice only period, I thought, "I can do this." I tried another month of daily juicing, during that month however, I ate 1 daily meal of solid food like salad, veggie soup or steamed veggies. I lost 20 pounds that first 6 weeks. I continued daily juicing through Christmas 2011/New Year 2012. I would just drink veggie juice all day replacing breakfast, lunch, snack. I ate 1 solid meal in the evening with healthy plant-based stuff like beans, veggie stews, big salads. I totally stopped eating sugar, sweets, refined breads, chips, soda, coffee, booze and cut big meat portions but will eat smaller portions of fish. By March of 2012 I had lost a total of 55 pounds with daily juicing and 1 solid 'healthy' meal per day. Ask me - I did NOT feel hungry, no low energy and no cravings for crappy food or solid food. Within months of juicing I instantly stopped falling asleep in mid-conversation, I stopped having sleep apnea and my skin rash went away, my circulation improved and I was able to start some simple exercise.

When you watch the FSND documentary you can see how easy it is to incorporate the lifestyle. I (We-my wife too) just always have a thermos of fresh juice available to consume on a daily basis. At least 2-3 16oz glasses per day for me....one 16 oz glass per day for my wife. With new found energy and the ability to bend down and tie my shoes, now I always ask my wife to give me jobs or duties or heavy lifting stuff, which I used to avoid. I have continued to lose weight every month (without excessive exercise) and average about 7 pounds per month. However, now I still only eat healthy solid food at dinner and have a mid-day snack of carrots n' nuts or a piece of fruit, everything else I consume is water and my veggie juice. I make one pitcher of juice per day and sip it in 16oz portions throughout the day ? I do not usually eat breakfast, but I do have a fresh fruit serving in the morning, no lunch but I sip on juice.

Both my wife & I are starting to notice that there is not much fat left (only about 25 pounds in my belly) and with the daily exercise and continued juicing, my skin is starting to tighten and tone a bit more as opposed to loosing excess fat. I figure another 3-4 months and I will reach my new goal weight of 190lbs for my 5'11" 52-year old frame. My original goal back in summer 2011 was to lose 50 pounds, but that came off relatively easy with juicing in a few months, so I upped the anti in April and set a goal for another 50 pounds. The weight has really fallen off quickly and systematically in the 1-1/2 year since considering weight loss, but came off faster when I started daily Reboot juicing. I adjusted my lifestyle, but the changes fit into our existing lifestyle. Ya know how people carry around their Starbucks coffee drinks?, Now my cup is filled with fresh veggie juice instead of a MochalattaChocolattaCalories. I am always carrying and sipping on something in a 16oz thermo glass ? something veggie-juicy good.

March 2011 I was 51 years old and 338 lbs of Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead. August 2012 I am 52 years old and weigh 212 lbs - a total weight loss of 113 pounds!

November 2013 Update: I am 53, soon to be 54 years old and I have lost 145 pounds and regained the health of my entire family with Daily Reboot Juicing and a Plant-Based Whole food eating lifestyle. Please see updated Success Profile at: http://www.rebootwithjoe.com/reboot-success-story-...

Message me by clicking my name above and I'll send you tips & techniques to lose weight with Reboot Juicing and a plant-based eating lifestyle. For more complete details, photos, tips & full story, please see my website at: www.envirohealthtech.com/weight_loss.htm

You are all invited to Join the Juicing & Plant-based Society at: http://community.rebootwithjoe.com/groups/view/code/U9N7MDVRMZF5CANKWHEU

Eat & Drink Plants! Juice for Weight Loss. Juice for Health. Juice for Life.

Healthy Regards, Dan Miller

Need more? Recently appointed Reboot Ambassador: http://community.rebootwithjoe.com/profile/danmill...

This topic contains 27 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by DanMiller BettyRae 5 years ago.

Replies To How I lost 145 lbs with Daily Reboot Juicing

• veghead

7 years ago
    Thanks for the inspirational story. I just started my journey and I must say, I do not feel better, but I am only on day three. I may do what you did and just drink all day long. I am eating a vegetable salad for dinner and hope to go juice-only in a couple of days. Veghead
  • Runs with Poodles

7 years ago
    veghead: Day 3 is the worst for many of us. It certainly was for me. It's all downhill from there. Not that there aren't difficulties, but they are surmountable.
  • DanMiller BettyRae

7 years ago
    just remember veghead, if you are overweight you are toxic! Believe me when I say that a detox crisis is easier to manage while juicing. Straight out fasting doesn't work and you feel like crap the whole way through. Reboot juice fasting works. Hang in there, drink your juice the first week is the hardest, after that you will crave your veggie juice. Try going for a walk (with your juice) to alleviate symptoms of headache. Your improved metabolism from juicing will get you through detox a lot faster.
  • stevesoto1

7 years ago
    Love the story. Thank you for the inspiration and the words of encouragement. -Steve
  • njhou

7 years ago
    Thank you for the inspirational story and HOW you you accomplished your juice fast. Were you working full time and doing this too?
  • DanMiller BettyRae

7 years ago
    Yes. I was also traveling for work and have juiced through every holiday weekend and social function too......I carry my daily juice with me in cooler jugs or thermo glasses. to read further details, recipes, tips and to see before/after photos of my weight loss journey, please see my webpage at www.envirohealthtech.com/weight_loss.htm Contact me to share your story in person. Reboot Juicing and a plant-based diet works for natural, healthy weight loss and I am proof.
  • LetsCifThisWrx

6 years ago
    Hi Dan, Can you explain a little more how you were able to travel and juice at the same time? I am in the consulting world so I am traveling a lot and have to spend every other week in a hotel away from home. Any tips as to how you accomplished juice while traveling would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!
  • kankelo

6 years ago
    Hi Dan, I was wondering, which juice recipes did you use? Did you have the same juice everyday all day or did you make different juices for the day? I'm having a hard time with this. I'm a little confused as to how to go about the all juice fast. I want to try for at least 15 days.
  • Karalee

6 years ago
    Dan. I read your blog also and am so amazed at how you did this. I have such a hard time juicing only and figuring out how much to drink. 2L a day seems to still make me hungry. I want to to the juice all day and then a plant based dinner (or a meal from Dr. F's book) but I seem to over eat then. AHHH what should I do. I need to lose about 20-30lbs. I try and workout everyday also. Any suggestions?
  • DanMiller BettyRae

6 years ago
    Karalee - in the beginning you may need between 2-4 liters (64oz-120oz) of veggie juice to satisfy your nutritional needs. In some individual cases too many fruits in your juice portion may increase the feeling of hunger because of the fruit sugar and lower amounts of the 'right' type of nutrients. Until you lose some initial weight stay away from too many fruits in your juices, but do eat a piece of fruit for a snack. More Veggies in your juice = better nutrition, greater weight loss, less detox symptoms and greater health benefits. Nutrient dense veggies provide you with all the nutrition you need (see Dr. Fuhrmans chart on my webpage for reference). There is NO such thing as overeating veggies! but stay away from pasta, breads, grains, bottled condiments/dressings, soda, coffee, booze, sugar, etc.. until you have rebooted your body with nutrition. You will feel full and satisfied eating or juicing nutrient dense vegetables and fruits. Eating vegetables is not cheating - eat or drink as many or as much as you want. I only walked for exercise until I dropped 75 pounds - now I do a minimal daily workout, but still only eat one veggie meal per day and drink juice the rest of the time. The more veggie juice per day the better my long-term results. If you do want to eat one meal per day, Stick with lighter veggie fare such as soups, veggie stews, chopped salads dressed with olive oil & lemon or yogurt, guacamole, hummus, nuts, olives. A handful of raw, unsalted almonds is very satisfying with some carrot sticks and a veggie juice chaser. you are not counting calories, you are counting nutritional density. If I eat too many heavy, cooked veggie meals or add grains, I get a craving to just do 1-2 days of veggie juice only - no food. Do what you can do not what you can't. Find a routine that fits your lifestyle - choices abound and the only rule is consumption of fresh Fruits & Vegetables, juiced or eaten. It is simpler than you believe. Just begin. Feel free to keep in touch if you need further motivation.
  • DanMiller BettyRae

6 years ago
    Lets See If this Works - It Does! :) I did travel for business and depending on air or car I would pack up what I could and take with. I have a suitcase for my juicer stuff or I pack up the car with a box of my juicer stuff and bring a plug in cooler. I buy fresh what I need (one time I asked the restaurant if I could purchase $25 worth of carrots, celery, kale and whatever else they would sell me- everyone in the kitchen was intrigued and I got what I needed from the restaurant) and/or store at the fridge in the room (a couple of times I asked to use the hotel fridge). The following link might help although he is making a blended salsa - it would work the same for juicing and looks similar to my set up. http://youtu.be/X3a10BamLIQ There have been multiple times that the juicer did NOT go on my trip and then I would purchase whatever "freshest" packaged juice was available or Juice Bar juice to my specs. and I would heavily concentrate on Veggie Food sources to replace my juicing -- on those trips, I would just drink 'Juice only' for 1-3 days upon returning home. I didn't stress about whether I got my juice or not - but did what I could do under the circumstances. I am addicted to my juice and definitely notice when I have it or not. If I don't have it - I stick defiantly to veggies only and preferably salads and veggie sides when traveling in restaurants - I have asked chefs for raw veggie plates or to remove certain items from my meal like cheese or meats. It does work if you commit to yourself and do what you can do, not what you can't. I appreciate your interest and support. I have lost over 120 pounds with Daily Reboot Juicing and a plant-based lifestyle and average 7-10 pounds per month over the last 19 months. I have posted my story at: www.envirohealthtech.com/weight_loss.htm so you can view my recipes, tips & techniques, view my before/after photos or contact me to shoot the breeze or share your personal weight loss goals.

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.