Ask the Nutritionist

Ginger

Ask the Nutritionist

Posted by Rhiannon on 4 years ago

I don't like the taste of ginger at all, but know it's good for me, so how should I go about getting it in?

Is it better to do a ginger shot then drink a small sweet juice (orange and carrot)? Or is it better to add a small amount of ginger to every juice? (I put a 1/2" in my carrot orange juice yesterday and it was hard to drink with that much ginger!)

I guess I want to know is it better to have it all day or is a shot just as good? I haven't tried doing a ginger shot, but was thinking it might be good to just do it in the morning and get it out of the way!

*I have a lot of joint pain and have heard that ginger can help with that a lot.

Thanks!

This topic contains 4 replies, has 1 voices, and was last updated by Claire Georgiou - ND 4 years ago.

Replies To Ginger

• Rhiannon

4 years ago

forgot to ask: how much ginger should I try to get in a day? I don't have a great juicer (cannot afford an upgrade any time soon) so it is not extracting well (or maybe it is and it's normal to have SO MUCH in the discard basket -and yes it's "wet" not dry).

• Geovanna

4 years ago

Hi Rhiannon, i don't like ginger as much. I know its really good for you but i rather have it in food than to have in a juice. I don't think its a big deal if we don't use it during a juice fast. Pretty much all green veggies have healing properties. I'm also giving up on celery, I just can't drink the stuff anymore. I only like it in soups so i'll have it when my fast is over.

• Rhiannon

4 years ago

I'm only doing ginger because it can help my joint pain. Otherwise, I'd give it up!!! :-)

• Claire Georgiou - ND

4 years ago

Dear Rhiannon,

You can replace ginger with fresh turmeric and/or do the shot with a thumb size of ginger in the morning in your lemon hot water!

Enjoy!

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.