Real Change

Getting Started

Real Change

Posted by JulieLiz on 2 years ago

I'm a new community member and I will be starting my reboot at the beginning of April. I have two goals: I want to lose about 50lbs and I want to transition to a plant-based lifestyle for good. I've made drastic changes in the past only to get overwhelmed and behind on the planning/prep and I end up right back where I started or worse. Since discovering Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead, I've made a decision not to jump right in right away. That has never worked before. Ovet the past few weeks, I've watched both films and happened to find a great second-hand juicer. I've tried some of the juicing recipes and now I'm looking at planning for my reboot.

I would like to do a 15-day 5-5-5 reboot and repeat it until I reach my goal and then transition to a primarily plant-based lifestyle after that. I think going back and forth between juicing/eating and just juicing will help me a lot. My weaknesses are planning and preparation. I've looked at the 5-5-5 reboot and everything looks great but I think for me it needs to be even simpler. I don't need a lot of variety and I need to control costs. I'm looking for advice on the best two or three juice recipes to work with and maybe some recipes on the eating days. I've learned from experience that going out and buying a whole bunch of different ingredients for a ton of recipes that are all very different results in me getting overwhlemed, feeling defeated and wasting a bunch of stuff that I just don't end up using in time before it goes bad.

I need simple recipes with similar ingredients so I can control costs and come up with a plan that works for me. In order to stay ahead of things I plan to prepare my fruits and veggies a few days in advance and juice what I need in the evenings for the following day. Same for the food recipes. The key is to keep things simple so I don't have to make too many decisions lol. Advice on what has worked for you would be really helpful.

I've tried SO MANY plans in the past but I'm hopeful about the reboot. This is the first time I have joined a community for help and support. I'm looking forward to reading your stories and your advice.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voices, and was last updated by JulieLiz 2 years ago.

Replies To Getting Started

• justlyn

2 years ago

Welcome! It sounds like you're armed with a good plan that will work for you. There are many different variations as to how people do their juicing, in the end what works for one may not be right for another, and so on. So good on you for spending some time and effort on yourself so that you can make your way of juicing a success.

You want to try to keep your juice 80% vegetable and 20% fruit combination. The Mean Green recipe is a pretty common one. I make it often. Truth be told I didn't quite enjoy it my first few days but by weeks end my taste buds changed! Now I thoroughly enjoy it. Go figure :-)

I really enjoy having vegetable broth to sip on... especially the first few weeks. It just felt good to have something warm for a change. I made my own broth simply by using my vegetable pulp (didn't matter if there was apple or lemon in it) Just threw it in a large stock pot, added 10 cups water, bay leaves, 1/2 tsp salt, other spices... let it cook for a few hours, then strain and store for use.

• JulieLiz

2 years ago

Thank justlyn for your reply and advice. I'm looking forward to getting started!

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.