Group Reboots

Fabulous Fatties, 100lbs or more overweight

Group Reboots

Posted by merrygirl420 on 6 years ago Hi all, I am starting the group for those of us that are extremely overweight and need to loose 100lbs or more. I know there is a lot of support for everyone, but for those folks that need to loose 10, 15 even 75 lbs, they don't even begin to know what it is like to be 300lbs plus and all that that entails. So if you are way overweight, this is the forum for you to share, vent, rant, rave, praise, support, cry, cheer, everything but criticize or demoralize eachother.

This topic contains 9903 replies, has 607 voices, and was last updated by Marion 2 years ago.

Replies To Fabulous Fatties, 100lbs or more overweight

• merrygirl420

6 years ago
    I am 38 yo, began a 60 juice fast on 7-7-12 at 404lbs, I don't own a scale and I have no clue as to total loss at this point. I also belong to NO Excuses Juicers, as I am not eating veggies at all, only juicing, but I felt I needed another place where I could gather a few folks that are trying to loose as much as me or more, or less but that are on the morbidly obese mark. To share our journey together. It is different and sometimes I don't want to hear about or from folks that only have 10 lobs to loose and work out 5 days a week, when I struggle to get to my car and to the office every day. I believe that being as fat as I am holds a world of struggles all its own and while I love the support of the other forums, this one is just for the extremely overweight, so if your not at least 100lbs overweight or more, please find another forum.
  • dora

6 years ago
    i too am 100# overweight...thou thank God as of yet i dont have any medical issues..so i really dont have an excuse why i let myself get so far overweight..but i also saw the video and thought it was a great idea, i'm addicted to sweets and carbs thats my biggest downfall.that and i have a husband and 17 yr old boy to feed and both of them think that i just need more will power to not eat so much junk food, yet they still want me to keep it in the house for them...thats the hardest part cooking for them and not eating any of it myself..so tomorrow i start my 30/60 day juice fast and i need the support
  • ejc1470

6 years ago
    Hi Group!I am 42 years old and began my fast today! I am an emotional eter, so needless to say, I have been quite nervous with some anxiety. I have been drinking spinach, kale, and grapefruit. It's really very good. I need to lose 152lbs and I'd like to do a 60 day fast but don't know if I have the will power to last that long. I've watched FSND over and over, hoping for as much inspiration as I can. For right now, I am taking it hour by hour...literally!
  • prishaynes

6 years ago
    Hi, dora and ejc1470! Congratulations on taking the first steps taking control. If I can do this - you can do this! I'm sure merrygirl420 will agree, we're all glad you're here! This is quite a journey & you both can do it!!!
  • mydg78

6 years ago
    Hello all! It looks like I've found the group for me! I am currently 339lbs (and crying while I type that) and am looking to lose 180+ lbs--although I don't think it will happen completely while juicing. I am currently 2 hours into my fast (yes...I'm counting hours) and am aiming to just get through today :-) My goal is 10 days, then I will reassess and go from there. I would *love* to go a full 60 days, but..we'll see. I am 33, a wife and mom of 3 beautiful children, but don't have any energy for them (hmmm...I wonder why? lol). I'm looking forward to "meeting" more people from this group and offering support (and requesting some, I know!) whenever I can. Bottoms up!!
  • assafatta1

6 years ago
    Hi Merrygirl420 I am 46 and about to start my juice fast and read your information. Are you still out there? I am trying to loose at least 100 pounds. I am morbidly obese and have been for almost all my life. I guess why I am here is for the support...I don't have anyone to share, vent, rant, rave, cry or cheer with. It would be nice to know there is someone out there. I NEED THE HELP AND SUPPORT.
  • assafatta1

6 years ago
    Hi Merrygirl420 I am 46 and about to start my juice fast and read your information. Are you still out there? I am trying to loose at least 100 pounds. I am morbidly obese and have been for almost all my life. I guess why I am here is for the support...I don\'t have anyone to share, vent, rant, rave, cry or cheer with. It would be nice to know there is someone out there. I NEED THE HELP AND SUPPORT.
  • assafatta1

6 years ago
    Hi Merrygirl420 I am 46 and about to start my juice fast and read your information. Are you still out there? I am trying to loose at least 100 pounds. I am morbidly obese and have been for almost all my life. I guess why I am here is for the support...I don\\\'t have anyone to share, vent, rant, rave, cry or cheer with. It would be nice to know there is someone out there. I NEED THE HELP AND SUPPORT.
  • patriciasaenz

6 years ago
    Hi Assafatta1. A lot of us are still here and in the same boat as you. I must warn you that this isn't going to be easy but keep telling yourself that you just need to get past the first three days. After that it will be a lot easier and you will begin to feel a lot of the positive effects that come from juicing. Keep us updated on your progress. Much success.
  • assafatta1

6 years ago
    Thank you Patricia, I need all the suport I can get. I just wish there was an easier way. I'm not use to all of this blogging etc. It's so hard to keep up. Lol! I am already finding hard. I am not doing food at all just juice. I will try and check in daily for updates. Much success to you also.
  • patriciasaenz

6 years ago
    You're welcome, Assafatta1. Keep in mind that anything worth doing is usually not easy. It was easy putting on the weight but was it worth it? The one thing that keeps me going is I tell myself everyday (even after being on the reboot for 24 days) I just need to get through today. I'll worry about tomorrow tomorrow. This helps me out a lot because if I concentrate on the fact that I still have 36 days left I would get depressed. Keep us posted on your progress.
  • kzrkzr

6 years ago
    Hi! I started my fast on 9-11. Yesterday, I had very bad headaches, but today has been much better. I do follow what my body is telling me...if I feel I need a nap, etc..I have been taking cold chills also..but my skin is looking better..It can be hard to watch family members eat foods..that my body still would love to have a little bite...but I have NOT given in! I want to lose 120 pounds..May we support one another!:)
  • ritajane

6 years ago
    Hello there mydg78!! I way up there too! Sad to say I did it to me, but I want it off now... You can do this we all can, just gotta make up our minds that we will over come anything thrown in our way!! Good to meet ya!
  • fred.hodges.731

6 years ago
    Hi iam 60 and just did 4 days juice only . this afternoon my Blood sugar dropped below 80 so I am having a steak tonight an back on the juice in the morning . I am at 410 on 9/14 /12 and my goal at this point is 60days and 110 lbs
  • alley452010

6 years ago
    Hello I would love to join this group I need to loose 130 pounds I am very serious and need your support . I take over 10 - 15 bottles of meds perday cause I am overweight. I am ready to start Juicing I can do this I have faith an I am tired of being to big and miserable
  • alley452010

6 years ago
    You can do it just think by christmas you will have lost a lot of weight keep doing what you are doind I am startin Saturday so wish me luck I have faith in you ....
  • alley452010

6 years ago
    Hello My name is Alley . Dont you cry sweetie you are not alone now I am crying cause I know how you feel . I dont have a car so I have to walk everywhere so this morning I know I had gain weight due to the fact my back was killine me I am going to do this an we are going to do thid together you can make it have faith in yourself if not look at your beautiful babies and that will encourage you more.
  • scrandall86

6 years ago
    You can do it, I believe in you. Who you look at in the mirror is not the man you were born to be. You are so much stronger.
  • Nielleluvzu

6 years ago
    Hello, I am 23 and about 120 over what is considered healthy. I am starting tomorrow. and doing just the juicing. I am only starting with the goal of 10 days then adding a few days to that and so on...I would love advice for only the juicing, the plans on the site only have plans with juicing and eating.I know that the first 3 days are no fun, so i'm already prepared. but any other advice?
  • Nielleluvzu

6 years ago
    Hello, I am 23 and about 120 over what is considered healthy. I am starting tomorrow. and doing just the juicing. I am only starting with the goal of 10 days then adding a few days to that and so on...I would love advice for only the juicing, the plans on the site only have plans with juicing and eating.I know that the first 3 days are no fun, so i\'m already prepared. but any other advice?
  • readerwoman8

6 years ago
    Hello Nielleluvzu - Good luck with your juice fast! Taking it slow at first is a good idea ... once you have fasted for 10 days you can decide from there if you want to continue or add a plant-based meal once a day. I've been using the recipes from the long weekend reboot in the plans section - it is a 3 day juice fast only and has a great selection of recipes to choose from. I would also recommend reading over the 15 day Classic Reboot, because there is a ton of information regarding juicing, detoxing, etc. And read as much as you can both here on the site and also around the web ... the more educated you are as to juicing and being a vegetarian the better choices you can make. Good luck and let us know how you're doing! Keep Juicing!!
  • justin_amanda

6 years ago
    Hello, I thought I would give you some encouragement. This is the second time I've tried juicing and I did great before, just didn't make it long term...(Trying again though) I had an observation when I was like day 5 into juicing. There are no cravings! Once you are juicing the right things, I personally made it through my period without craving anything. I also had NO CRAMPS! I think the key is juicing the correct things. Here's my recipe: 1 bunch Kale, 5-6 carrots, 2-3 stalks celery, 1/2 cucumber, 2 slices fresh pineapple, 2-3 very small apples, 2 oranges. The juice is sweet and you get all the benefits from the veggies as well. Kale (if you didn't know) is an excellent source of Protein! Well - Good luck. Keep going strong...I will too!
  • Giffinka

6 years ago
    Justin_Amanda, does that make all the juice for one day? How many ounces do you end up with?
  • NIAMH2739

6 years ago
    Hey I know that it has been a while since your post Ijust joined today but I wanted to say that I hope you are still doing the juicing and that the best solution to a 60day fast is to take it either 5 or 7 days at a time. Commit to those days and if at the end of those days you feel ok to go another 5-7 days you do it. At least thats the way I intend of being sucessfull with this. A 5-7 days at a time goal is far less intimidating that a 60 day all at once goal I wish you all the best talk to you later Nia
  • babytwinsis

6 years ago
    sounds yummy! thanks
  • Nicknic42

6 years ago
    Hey lady, my name is Nicky and I am 100lbs over weight. Over two months ago I fell and dislocated my knee and tore my ACL and meniscus. I have to have surgery but my doctor will not do it until I lose about 60 lbs. As frustrating as it is, it will be very hard to lose weight because I am still on crutches. I just started getting around in the house in small spaces without the crutch for short periods of time. From time to time I deal with emotional eating, its gotten better and its gonna get better you, for me and for everyone else on this forum. I pray that I can stick to this Reboot challenge and do what needs to be done. Tomorrow morning I will start juicing. Its not going to be easy but we have to support one another. Talk to yah tomorrow. Oh yeah, Im 42 too!
  • Lorelei1971

6 years ago
    I like the addition of the fresh pineapple. (mine is practically the same minus the pineapple and orange) We have plenty of that here and I'm amazed at how much juice comes from one pineapple! Cheers!
  • rhinobro

6 years ago
    Hey man, how's it going on your weight loss and your over all health? I'm 350 lbs and starting another 60 day juice tomorrow. Marty
  • Mellabella

6 years ago
    Hello ejc1470, I am 40 and have watched Joe Cross again and again also. I am doing 40 days and need to lose 110 lbs. I am ending Day 15 going strong. I am in the process of developing into the non emotional eater. There is a woman named Carla on Youtube that I have posted on my 40 juice fast blog that is amazing! She even talks about "emotional detox." What an interesting concept! I just started watching all of her videos--they gave me strength like Joe inspired me. If you are an emotional eater, chances are you will get irritated in the evenings. If so, just go to bed or take a hot bubble bath and listen to your fav. music--We have become numb to emotions we do not know what to do with or do not want ot deal with. When you cannot turn to the food, the emotion will be raw and you will be irritated. You need ways to cope because the food is gone. I cope by watching FSND, Hungry for a Change, Supersize Me, RAW RAW LIFE Channel on Youtube (That's Carla Douglin) or I bathe in a hot tub or I blog about this journey, or I watch successful weight loss videos on Youtube...and I sing! Singing the most beautiful songs to the Lord puts me into a whole new mindset/emotion upper. I don't sing a lot but I did recharge my mind and emotions doing that one or two days so far. Here is my 15 days so far (and when I started, I had a million questions I couldn't get answered so I was all trial and error) http://centerofyourworth.blogspot.com and Carla is a black woman with big earrings. You will love her!
  • angela.mendieta

6 years ago
    I recently suggested to my trainer that she should wear a fat suit for a day so that she can understand why I can't hold my ass over my knees like she wants. No doubt about it I need to 100 or 110 lbs ...my health, my self esteem, etc. but having a hypothyroid makes it 10xs harder and having people tell me I must b doing something wrong with my diet....aghhhh. Or worse for me is knowing that I do more activity than the average person and I am twice as big...so sometimes I get a "wtf does the universe want from me?!" Feeling.
  • mylakeland

6 years ago
    Hello ejc, i am 325 and counting and i have been juicing for 7 days now. My weight is now 309 and my goal wt is 180 so just like you there is a lot of lbs in between. I know you can and will do it. If you follow me you can see my results and hopefully it will give you the courage to keep going. Good journey and good juicing!
  • Vermontmaggie

6 years ago
    You can do it..your stronger then you think...you just don't know it yet....until you see the weight come off and start feeling better...keep on jucin :-)
  • katiejay

6 years ago
    How can I get the TickerFactory on my posts like you have? Are there instructions anywhere?
  • hippiemama

6 years ago
    Hi everyone, I'm new to juicing and this group seemed like a good one to join. I need to lose 130lbs although some would argue 155lbs is a more accurate goal. Either way, it seems quite daunting. I'm hopeful juicing will be a good kickstart to a new way of eating. I juiced 2x a day and ate a raw veggie supper all last week to prepare and I'm doing just juice this week (Day 2). I'm hoping to juice for 30 days but that seems like a really really long time not to chew on anything :) Thanks for starting this group, merrygirl!
  • Tictac

6 years ago
    Wow Wow Wow. I love it emotional detox. The other day my husband and I got into a huge fight and my head was going to explode and I wanted to cry and eat and eat and I stopped and had to make myself not care about him at all or the fight because I was not going to eat it away this time and I just quit fighting with him and he got mad because I wouldn't listen but yes I had to make a choice-get emotional and eat or say screw it to my husband. He got over it and things were fine later that day but I know what I can do now. Especially when my body is feeling better, my mind works better. I had 200 pounds to lose. I have to do this or die. I am 58 years old and you cannot walk around at this age and be 340 pounds for much longer. So 60 days. I am off and running. Today is DAY 12 and I am down 19 pounds. I love watching all the videos again and again. I will definetly check her out. Thanks
  • Gloria63

5 years ago
    Hi I am 50 years old and weigh 297 lbs. being only 5'4" that puts me in the morbidly obese category. I have high blood pressure, and have been taking thyroid medication since I was 26. I have a hard time to lose weight, I know that sounds like an excuse but who gains weight on a 1600 cal per day diet, Me. I have seen a dietitian and she told me that my body was an anomaly and that I should try juicing to lose weight so here we go. I watched the video Fat sick and nearly dead and said "hey that's me" I started today and so far not hungry. I pray that this is the answer to my prayers. I just want to tie my own shoes and be able to walk my dog without getting out of breath. I am doing the 60 day juice journey. Here goes...
  • CarolinaFullyRaw

5 years ago
    Hi guys I have just started my reboot yesterday and my goal is to finish a 60 day reboot! I am very motivated and determined to do so! By the way I love these forums and this group!
  • KittenTheJuicePirate

5 years ago

Hi I can totally relate. Im Kitten . Before finding Joe's movie I was 438 pounds . I was walking on crutches. I was sick and miserable. Ive lost 250 pounds and getting stronger every day. I would love to help any way I can :) I am one of Joe's reboot sucess stories :) I started a page on facebook to help spread the word of juicing and how important nutrition is . Page is called Kitten The Juice Pirate. Once I learned how there is no nutrition in processed foods it really helped me set my mind to more juice , more veggies and fruits and nuts :)

• Andy72

5 years ago

Another 100# member here, currently on day 4 of my reboot, I'm aiming for 60 days and depending on how I feel when I get close to my goal I may extend it. FSND was a game changer for me and seeing the results Joe had has motivated me to make the changes in my life before it's too late.

• Teach

5 years ago

I was at 360 and am now down to 347, without juicing and it could go back up again, but I need to lose weight, because I stay on my feet everyday. Thanks for starting this group. I start my reboot on April 12th at the beginning of my school's spring break. I thought that would be good so I would not be grumpy with my students. Thanks again, Jeff Dean

• DazzledandDazzed

5 years ago

Is this a group that I can join or do I just check the page and read what others wrote?

I am new to this and not sure how the communication works. Last time I visited the site none of this was here or at least not to be easily found for me.

• gcopeherbrich

6 years ago
    Hi merrygirl420, I started juicing today. My husband watched FSND on Netflix and didn't stop talking about it. I watched it yesterday and together, we decided that we were going to give juicing a try. We both need to lose at least 100 pounds.
  • atravis6

6 years ago
    I also need to lose around 100#. I just turned 31, I'm 5'10" and am a few pounds shy of 300. Merrygirl, you're not fat, you are just carrying around a lot of stored energy (: It's time we all use it! I'm starting a 10 day juice only on 8/4 and am working on recipe gathering and research in the meantime, and weaning off caffeine, sugar and fast foods.
  • gcopeherbrich

6 years ago
    I know what you mean merrygirl, it is depressing reading these forums where they are juicing to lose the last 10 pounds or so. My knees and feet hurt so bad everyday. I have been taking an otc pain reliever everyday for 4 months to be able to tolerate the pain. I am 52 but sometimes when trying to move around or go somewhere, I feel like I am at least 100. I really want to juice only, but don't know how I can manage it with working everyday. Merrygirl, do you make all of your juices at once or do you make them as you go throughout the day?
  • kelly.louise.779

6 years ago
    HI! so, i am starting at the beginning of next week. (have to wait for pay day) though i do have a few supplies to at least do some meal replacing with some smoothies. i am 39 (40 in Feb) and weigh 342lbs. at 5'1" it's a little ridiculous. watched the video and i am ready to get started.
  • danorsong

6 years ago
    I just started yesterday I too had to wait for a pay day... isn't the world interesting that way ^_^
  • sueketch

6 years ago
    I am seriously considering starting a week plan soon. I have put this off too long and have heard about a successful husband of a friend that did the 60 days and he looks and feels great! I too will have to save some funds and get rid of trigger foods first.
  • merrygirl420

6 years ago
    Welcome Gcoperherbrich and atravis6, I knew there had to be more of us that were not just trying for 40 lbs or less. We can so do this. I too have pain reliever meds, but I have not taken any for days, but I am bi-polar and have to take other things to maintain employment lol, so if you have meds you have to take, just like Joe and Phil in the movie, until your Dr puts you off of them, be safe and take them until told otherwise. atravis there are a ton of recipes on this site under the plans and even in the forums, so frankly unless medical issues are holding you back, don't put it off lol. I was a sweet tea drinker and was afraid of caffeine withdrawals but the only thing that happened thus far of my 9 days was a slight headache on day 2, but better safe than sorry. I will support you whenever you start, I am just happy your starting. gcope, way to go on day 1, you can make it, we can do it, I need to loose so much more than 100 lbs, I hope to be like Phil and loose 204lbs by 10 months, so we shall see. I have a problem exercising due to pain, knee and back pain mostly, walking hurts, but I have found that I am getting a lot more energy the past few days of my fast, so this is something I am really looking forward to. As a lover of breads, sweets, tea and fast food (I found 14 junk food receipts today while cleaning out my purse) I can see we have a lot in common lol, Panda express, how I love you lol. This is going to be the hardest thing ever, but I am steadfast in my decision, I have not cheated in 9 days and I am determined to make it the whole 60 like Joe and Phil and continue toward a healthy life style. I cancelled my bariatric surgery appt, and am so glad I watched FS&ND, it was epic, I believe it came at a time when I needed it most. Yesterday my niece started, today my friend Niki and Holly started, my good friend Julie is looking into it, however she has to get Dr permission, she has had a quadruple bypass and is diabetic, but needs to loose some weight safely. I think we have all made the right decision. I make a morning and afternoon juice and take it to work, I work 7-4 M-F so I just bring in my am juice and noon juice. Then I come home (my commute is short so I am home by 4:15) and I have a snack juice, oh, I also take a bit extra to have a snack juice at work if I feel puny. So I brink two 16 oz juices, I bring the same juice, typically something carrot, like carrot, pear and ginger and then an 8 oz extra, I love carrot, then when I come home I do something green like a mean green snack juice my son makes good stuff. For the first 3 days I did mean green exclusively, but now I have been experimenting, this am I am having crenshaw melon, with orange and ginger, it is delightful. I am going to try a V8 recipe that Jude posts on the No Excuses Juices forum, I love this forum too, but there are skinny's on it lol. At night I have a green juice most of the time. But as we are on it for 60 days or whatever, my bud told me juice the rainbow, have fun. So I do. You can totally manage it with work, I just bring it in a big ol water bottle and make sure you hit the water cooler a lot during the day, you will be just fine. I work for a hospital in my town, in a small part of an off site office, so with 6-8 people they are so supportive, but in the other part of my bigger off shoot office, some of my dear friends are not supportive at all, so forget em, they are not 400 freaking lbs, so screw em, they don't walk in my fat pants, they don't have my pains. So for now, we don't talk, but as I don't see them all the time it is easy, but as they are supposed to be my good friends in my inner circle at home it is odd, but whatever, the others in my group are thrilled, so that is why I come here, you all are my support and I hope to be yours. JUICE ON. SO so proud of you both!!!
  • HughMan

6 years ago
    WHOO HOO! RIGHT ON! I was at the VA hospital and nearly screamed when I saw the scale : 435 lbs! We will all do it together!!! WE WILL SUCCEED! This is really cool! anyone that would'nt completely support your journey, well, I would'nt count them a true friends. If someone can't see a person with hopes, dreams, desires, and feelings. . . . I am at a loss for words. . anyway, Happy days are on the way!
  • alley452010

6 years ago
    Hello HughMan I am with you I am so glad we have this forum I am at 261 this is not good at 5"3. I love your encouragement and I am on board
  • haenelj

6 years ago
    hey there! started juicing 11 days ago, lost 22pounds and feel great. i am used to losing and gaining weight and i hope that juicing helps me to find a REAL reboot... my goal is losing at least 100 pounds, probably not only during my fast but i will reach it. this way or another. glad that there are so many supportive people in this forum... i am really happy that i found this place! rock on!
  • alley452010

6 years ago
    WOW CONGRADULATIONS This is what makes it all the worth while can you share some of your recepies
  • Liz4111

6 years ago
    Congratulations on your weight loss. I'm starting tomorrow 4/29/2013, I hope I have as great results as you do.
  • Liz4111

6 years ago
    Congratulations on your weight loss. I'm starting tomorrow 4/29/2013, I hope I have as great results as you do.
  • Liz4111

6 years ago
    Manzier, congratulations on your weight loss. I'm starting tomorrow 4/29/2013, I hope I have as great results as you do.
  • Liz4111

6 years ago
    Sorry my pc is giving me some trouble :-(
  • merrygirl420

6 years ago
    Hi manizer, welcome and thanks for sharing. I have not really been a diet yoyo-er but have known many, I too hope that the reboot firmly establishes a healthy lifestyle for me and my son. Way to go on 22lbs, so day 11 congrats, your two days ahead of me, glad to know you feel great too, so do I. I think I was just ready for this change. I admit I have a slight dull headache today, I am not even sure if I would call it a headache, it is something lol, but as I am on my way to make a V8 juice for the 1st time I will see if it will go away. JUICE ON friends juice on! atravis how is your research coming. gcsope how are you and your husband doing on day one so far, lots of water and juices down? Keep us posted.
  • Missjulesdid

6 years ago
    I'm in! I start my juice feast August 1st. I'm currently 340 and I plan not to weigh myself because I don't want to obsess about losing weight and try to focus on changing my habits and my relationship with food. I'm planning to do a 60 day Juice feast and then decide what foods I want to incorporate back into my diet.
  • maryland1963

6 years ago
    Good idea Missjuledid because I am on day 17 and I have only lost 8 pounds. I am have been fustrated for the past two days because I have not lost any weight. Thanks for the idea and I will quit weighing my self everyday. I was 350 pounds in 2008 and I started trying to change my food habits and have only lost 89 pounds since then. Then a friend told about FS&ND and I watched it so I started doing like Joe. I want to lose my weight but I want to do it the right way. I do feel better since I have started.
  • gjmboulard

6 years ago
    Hi, Marilyn- I just joined the Reboot group, and know that if we change our habits one a time, our health will improve permanently. Weight means absolutely nothing, because only a directly measured BMI tells us what we really need to know-the proportion of body fat to the rest of our body. I'm an RN starting a 60 day juice fast, including large amounts of home grown wheat grass, and plan to have my BMI directly measured at a local gym each month until I'm in the 20-25 normal range. I also use the T-TAPP exercise program (T-TAPP.com) on DVD, which requires no equipment, is low impact, and created especially for people with chronic back pain. With fasting, I also take supplements: B complex, vitamin E, and especially DHA/EPA, as well as a teaspoon of coconout oil with each juice. Vitamins A,D,E, and K are fat soluble and will not be absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract without it. (Joel Fuhrman insists fat metabolism takes care of this, but he is mistaken in how cellular physiology occurs). DHA and EPA may also lower pain levels and depressed mood for some people, and are important for cardiac and brain function. I verbally intend at the start of every day:"I am vibrantly, powerfully healthy in every way!", put this in writing on the frig and bathroom mirror,repeat this to myself frequently through the day, and especially before I go to sleep at night, so that my subconscious is busy creating the reality I choose all night long. Blessings, Gabrielle
  • prescottpj.woodford

6 years ago
    Congrats on the 30 day reboot. How much did u lose?
  • Danmcn61

6 years ago
    Gabriella, Congratulations on doing this. You sound much more informed than everyone else here and I agree with your assessments one hundred percent. I am on day 3 of a juice fast right now and dealing with overwhelming hunger pangs and emotional cravings, but I know that soon they will go away. I was hesitant to do a pure juice fast because of the lack of healthy fats, fiber, and vitamin B12 (which are not addressed in the movie, and you're right that Dr. Fuhrman is misinformed about physiology. I admire the guy tremendously, but he's being an ideologue). I am also taking fish oil supplements, coconut oil, avocados, and supplemental B12. I haven't tried wheatgrass yet, but I'll be on the lookout for anyone who sells it. Good luck on your fast. I am rooting for you!
  • shumanm

6 years ago
    Misjulesdid ? if you are going to start 1st of August and have not started eliminating all caffeine, cut out/down on processed sugar and food, and start drinking at least 64 oz. of water a day, I would suggest you do this about a 1 week before you start your juice fast. I did before I started the 60 day juice fast on July 7th; I?ve lost 8.5 lbs so far, and didn?t have the bad headaches that you may read about. Having bad knees and hives that prevent me taking all NSAIDS I totally understand the knee pain. I have found that I don?t have the pain 3/4th as bad as I did on July 1st. One the good thing about being bigger is that you may find that your weight loss will be greater than those who only 10/20 pounds total. For once we have an advantage! Good wishes to everyone, it?s easier than you may think and you feel better each day.
  • HughMan

6 years ago
    man! I quit drinking coffee cold turkey 3 days ago, My head finally stopped pounding today! thank gawd! I love drinking my kale/celery/apple/carrot juice and I am going to grab juice whenever I feel hungry!

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.