Ask the Nutritionist

Dry skin

Ask the Nutritionist

Posted by Juiceologist on 4 years ago

I'm just wrapping up day 3 of my reboot and I notice that my skin is considerably dryer than usual. Is this due to a lack of good fats in my diet? Are there ingredients I could add to my juice that would help this? Like coconut or olive oil? I'm just guessing...I have no idea.

Suggestions please :)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 1 voices, and was last updated by Stacy Kennedy 4 years ago.

Replies To Dry skin

• VeliaMajeski

4 years ago

Diet play a very major role in keeping you and your skin healthy. I was just searching for some helpful tips and foods for healthy glowing skin then I come to know about Tea Forté Australia. They brings a huge variety of tea like black tea, green tea, white tea and many more. And the special thing I liked about it, it was 100% natural and pure. You can also choose your flavour of tea. It will be great for your skin and maintaining a good healthy life.

• Danmcn61

4 years ago

I have found that organic coconut oil works wonders for my skin. You can massage it into your skin or simply eat it and after a week or so, the skin is like you are 18 again (without the zits, of course)

• Stacy Kennedy

4 years ago

Hi Juiceologist, dry skin can be more common with extended juice only plans but certainly OK to add in some healthy fats to your juices now. You can choose coconut, olive, walnut, avocado, etc... Look for cold or expeller pressed in glass jars and organic when possible. About 1 -3 tsp per day is suggested. You can also blend 1/3 of an avocado into one of your juices for healthy fats as another option.

Topically, coconut oil or liquid Vitamin E is wonderful. Pure lanolin as well.

Hydration is another factor so be sure you're drinking about 48-64 oz of fluids in addition to your 4-6 juices and 16 oz of coconut water. Water/lemon + water/herbal tea are all good choices for additional fluids.

Wishing you all the best!
    ~Stacy @ Team Reboot

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.