Reboot Newbies

Day 1

Reboot Newbies

Posted by Maria on 4 months ago

No coffee will be the hardest part of this for me. I cannot stop thinking about a nice hot cup of coffee. I don't know if I can do it. I am amazed, however, that I do not have a withdrawal headache. That was a huge concern for me. I was sure this would spark a migraine, but so far so good! Planning on 15 days of this. Praying I can make it!

This topic contains 9 replies, has 1 voices, and was last updated by Maria 4 months ago.

Replies To Day 1

• Buckmaster

4 months ago

Hi Maria, good luck on your reboot! I had read where Joe Cross said that one should reboot even if they just cannot give up coffee. It is better to reboot and drink black coffee than to not reboot at all.

I have completed 113 days of juice-only in 2018. 112 of those days involved black coffee.

• 4fasting

4 months ago

Try Pero or Morning Thunder Tea. I would want the coffee monkey off my back...but you have to go through the release to get to the other side. Wishing you the best.

• Maria

4 months ago

Thank you! The caffeine withdrawal symptoms have definitely kicked in. I just might have to drink a cup tomorrow. I had to leave work early today. I just couldn't function. No food is fine, but quitting coffee cold turkey is just too much for me. I am addicted for sure. Trying to avoid a migraine. Onward!

• Buckmaster

4 months ago

So much taboo has been attached to coffee......yet almost any other natural and edible thing can be steeped in hot water without being demonized. I personally believe that coffee is just a scapegoat for people that need to feel "cleaner" in some less than genuine way...…IMHO of course.....your mileage may vary.

• Zootal

4 months ago

Coffee isn't really the problem, the caffeine is. Any alternative - diet soda, tea, etc. - is just a replacement for the caffeine.

FWIW, I do not advice quitting caffeine on the first day of a reboot. The reboot is hard enough without also dealing with the caffeine withdrawals, as those can be brutal.

HOWEVER - I do recommend going easy on the caffeine no matter where you get it from. Too much caffeine on a reboot will rev up our digestive system and cause our blood sugar to roller coaster in a bad way. A cup of tea has enough caffeine to get the headache to subside, or drink a half cup or even quarter cup of coffee or just take one Excedrin. Just be careful because a blood sugar crash from too much caffeine and not enough calories can have you at the fridge eating everything in sight - at least that is what it does to me.

• Maria

4 months ago

I decided to keep one morning cup of coffee in during my fast. The withdrawal symptoms were debilitating. It has made a tremendous difference. Day 3 almost done. I feel great! Thank you for your info and support

• Buckmaster

4 months ago

Good to hear Maria! My very first 3 days of juicing were tough...like everyone else. Once you complete 3 days you can actually feel/understand how the quality of juice turns off your appetite. Keep up on your water and juice on!

• Buckmaster

4 months ago

Also...you are still juicing and didn't quit! That is why Joe said don't let a little caffeine stop you from becoming fully juiced!

FWIW....I lost 104 pounds while juicing this year.....I don't think the (one cup daily) caffeine had any affect on this, good or bad. the power of the juice far surpasses the power of caffeine.

• Maria

4 months ago

Wow. 104 pounds! Congratulations. I am now on day 6 and I feel great. That cup of coffee in the morning makes all the difference. I am amazed at the amount of energy I still have.

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.