FAQ

Cost

FAQ

Posted by Melissa on 10 months ago

I'm doing his 3 day reboot and just wanted to try 1 day to see how well it goes. I picked 5 juices to drink in a day as the instructions said and wrote down all the ingredients I needed. Maybe I chose the wrong/most expensive combination but it keeps coming up to around $30. I even tried different stores around here but its the same cost. I heard joe say he spends $15 each day, and people on here say around the same thing. So what am I doing wrong. What do you pay a day? How can i get it around $15?

I shop at walmart or fresh thyme farmers market. These are the drinks I chose and the cost of each ingredients.

Sunrise, Green lemonade, Peach pie delight, Purple passion

beets bundle $1.98, bag of carrots .88, bag of celery stalks $1.48, cucumber .58, 16 leaves of kale w/ stems 2.34, 4 handfuls of spinach $3.96, sweet potatoe .78, 1 handful of mint $1.98, 3 apples $2.29, 30 grapes $2.48, 3 lemons $1.50, 3 oranges $2.34, 2 peaches $1.78, and 17 oz of blueberries $3.42. = $27.79

Are these the prices you see at your farmers market?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 1 voices, and was last updated by freedomtobe 9 months ago.

Replies To Cost

• Emma

10 months ago

Sorry I can't compare the prices very well as I'm in the UK, but it looks like a few things you bought will last you a few days. I recently spent £20 on produce and I have things leftover after three days of juicing, but will need a top up shop for a few things. I also find that it's the cheaper fruit and veg that are the staples that you'll use the most, and the pricer ones add a nice bit of variation. It's also worth growing mint yourself if you have outside space. I have a little herb garden and it saves me a lot of money.

• Wisemind

10 months ago

I recently completed another 10 day juice only fast and spent about $150-160. I drank 3-5 juices a day, but usually 4. I buy most of my produce at a local Asian market because each item is about half the cost of a major grocery store. Check out your town and see if there are any Asian or Latin American markets in your area, and check them out. They may not have everything you need but you may be pleasantly surprised. I also encourage you to reboot longer than 3 days. The first three days, with day 3 being the hardest, were rough. I didn't feel good until about day 5. Be sure to add a pinch of salt to your juice for sodium or drink veggie broth. I have been on my reboot for 6 weeks (20 days juice only, then half juice and half eating) and I have never felt better in my entire life. Good luck with your reboot!

• Soose

10 months ago

Wisemind, 20 days and 6 weeks is awesome!

• freedomtobe

9 months ago

Good question, I didn't really count exactly, but I bought lots of things from Sprouts market, and for the bulk I chose things they had on good sale such as cucumbers 50 cents each, so I bought 14 of them, green apples were 2 pounds per dollar, so I bought about 8 pounds, watermelons were 95 cents per mini melon, so I got 4, asparagus was about 2 dollars. I got some things from Tr. Joe's like celery. And a few things from farmers market, which is more expensive, but some things from some sellers are great like large bunch of lacinato and purple kale 1.50 each, cabbage 2.00, cilantro and parsley 75 cents each, bunch of beets with nice large greens 1.50. Beet roots were large too and juice tasted so fresh! I do not really follow recipes. If I have to estimate, I would say, I spend about 10 dollars per juicing day. I do add some greens from my garden as well, so that helps. Mostly chayote leaves and smaller greens ike herbs, plantain (not banana, herb), comfrey, etc. My garden is tiny as I garden in the community garden plot, so I tend to devote space to the things I can't buy. Oh yes, I also grow sunflower sprouts at home in the pot, so I juice those too. Vitacost has raw sunflower seeds with shells for a little over 3 dollars, and that pack lasts for a while for me, but since I have one largish pot, I just juice a handful a day.

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.