Ask the Nutritionist

Chia Seeds

Ask the Nutritionist

Posted by Tejui on 2 years ago

Can you add chia seeds to the juices?

This topic contains 9 replies, has 1 voices, and was last updated by Tejui 2 years ago.

Replies To Chia Seeds

• huskereurocat

2 years ago

Not saying anything against it because they are great, but for what reason would you want to add them to your juice?

• Tejui

2 years ago

Just to feel like I'm chewing something.

• Tejui

2 years ago

And the nutritional benefits... of course ;)

• huskereurocat

2 years ago

Obviously you should wait for the nutritionist, but you may want to try some hemp hearts instead of adding solids to your juice. My wife and I did them during our 50 day juice fast. They taste like nuts and satisfied that need to chew sensation. We had a tablespoon full at each of three juice meals (not in the juice and that wasn't all the juice we had) and that gave us 13g of fat and 10g of protein. You will need those nutrients if you stay on the juice fast over about the 15 day mark anyway. Don't get me wrong chia seeds are a wonderful thing, but I prefer to chew on something nutty tasting instead of putting chia seeds in my juice.

• mandyj73

2 years ago

Great question Tejui... I have been wondering myself! I have added a tablespoon of hemp hearts to my daily intake of juice... but I am also wondering if I could add some chia seeds, as they are wonderful in carrying out toxins from your body. I would hate to trigger any hunger by adding solids though... I will wait to hear the response from the nutritionist too!

• Tejui

2 years ago

Went and bought hemp hearts today and it's the first time I've tried them. They are yummy! I've had to freeze half to make sure they don't go bad by the time I use them. Thanks for suggestion Mandy

• Claire Georgiou - ND

2 years ago

Hello Tejui,

Yes you can 1-2 tsp of chia seeds daily if desired or use flaxseeds or hemp seeds is another recommendation that is given for some. Enjoy and please let me know if you have any further questions!

• Tejui

2 years ago

I bought ground chia/flaxseeds and hemp hearts today and will be adding to my juices. Thank you Claire

• Tejui

2 years ago

Thank you Claire. I haven't tried flaxseeds or hemp seeds so will go out and buy some. Anything that helps curb the need to eat solid food sounds good to me :)

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.