Group Reboots

Am I doing this right?

Group Reboots

Posted by Mbarajas04 on 3 years ago

Hi,

I am a newbie and completing day 5 of straight juice. I have a goal to get healthy all around and loose 70 lbs. I feel great on day 5 but I am always told that I am not getting the protein needed to keep going. I was reading others concerns here and I saw questions about vitamin supplements and salt in take. After watching the movies, I got the impression that I could do straight veggie and fruit jucie for a while with out adding anything. My goal is 30-60 days. Do I need to add into my juices a form of protein or salt? Should I be taking other vitamins? Apart from being over weight, I have no medical conditions and never have. Is straight veggie and fruit juice ok to do while I shed some lbs or is there more to this? I would sign up for a guided reboot but just can't afford it right now. Hoping I can get the answers here. Thank you!

This topic contains 11 replies, has 1 voices, and was last updated by huskereurocat 3 years ago.

Replies To Am I doing this right?

• laurene

3 years ago

Congratulations for trying to be healthy! I did the 5 day juice fast and I plan on continuing my juice fast at least 30 days. I take a multi-vitamin but no added salt. Check out one of Joe Cross books about extending your juice fast. It has lots of great info. You can buy the book or it even is in e-book fashion you can buy and download. Hope this helps. Variety is the key. The recipes usually tell you what they are loaded with like calcium, vitamins, etc! check them out! Ive been a vegetarian for several years and protein is not an issue for me. Just don't drink the same juices over and over. Mix it up. Best of luck to you!

• Mbarajas04

3 years ago

Ahh thank you! And congrats on your too! This is very helpful. I order the juice recipes so I can start trying more and get a better variety. That puts my mind to ease. All of the sudden I was doubting myself and thinking I needed to stop. But I am determined to do this!

• Zootal

3 years ago

The answer to your question is that it is not the same for everyone, but there are some general guidelines as follows:

1) Fruit and veggie juice is loaded with vitamins. Literally. The exception is B12. You should take a B12 supplement. Also zinc, and vitamin D if you want to. It probably would not hurt to take a multi-vitiman, but it's questionable if it is needed. I would not take megadoses of any vitamin at all while juicing.

2) Juicing does not give us enough protein. Period. Because of this, eventually we will experience symptoms of protein defficiency. How long this takes and how severe differs from person to person, many of us can juice for 60 days and not have any problems at all. To be safe, we should take a protein supplement while juicing, especially if juicing for more than 15 days. I think the recommended amount is 20mg of protein. There are several good protein supplements available, and while some are horribly over priced, others are reasonable. I use Nutrasumma Pea Protein, it is gluten free, non gmo, no flavorings added, no sweeteners. The taste isn't bad - some protein supplements are truly nasty tasting. I got it at Sprouts, but any good health food store should have the equivalent. I think I paid about $20 or so.

3) Juicing does not give us enough fat/oil, and we need some to live. Ironically, when we burn fat, we do not get any fat/oil released into our system, so we need to take a small amount of oil daily. One teaspoon is enough, and you can use any type you like. I usually use olive oil, just add a teaspoon to your juice, you will never know it is there.

I can't drink coconut water, I have lived where coconuts grow, and what comes out of a coconut is very different from the nasty stuff in cans. Eww! So I put a pinch of salt in one of my juices every day. I like pink Himalaya salt, but really any salt will do.

A reboot is not one of these extreme fad diets where we deprive ourselves and run the risk of deficiencies of this or that. It is designed to give us *everything* we need to remain healthy while our bodies burn fat, and we can do it for a couple of months if we want so long as we have fat to burn.

• Mbarajas04

3 years ago

This is very helpful thank you! I also was reading a lot of people talking about in addition to the juice, drinking tons of water daily. I can only seem to drink 16 -20 oz of water in addition to the 4 16-20 oz drinks. This is mainly because I have to go to the bathroom and pee so much ( sorry to be crude). I feel like I am staying hydrated and I know the juices have lots of water. Is it a problem to not drink 32-64 oz of water daily?

• Dreiter

3 years ago

Thank you for posting! This helped me too! By the way, I'm six days in and yes, the bathroom is getting used all the time. Hard to leave the house when you're peeing all the time and female!

• huskereurocat

3 years ago

Mbarajas04 - The nutritionist (Stacy) said on the live stream Wednesday night that 48oz is a ninimum because your body needs to eliminate those toxins. My wife and I do 64oz plus the morning lemon water, coconut water and broth. I know it can be a pain to go to the restroom all the time, but that is the price that we have to pay while on the reboot detoxing our systems.

• Mbarajas04

3 years ago

thank you! I was really hoping to make that live stream but missed it. I will try to increase my water intake. What kind of broth do you drink?

• huskereurocat

3 years ago

We drink the 100% organic vegetable broth that you find at Costco. That is low sodium and you need the sodium so I add about a tsp per 16oz of broth. If you buy the MSG laced cubes or powders that are in a lot of stores you may be defeating the health benefits. Costco also has organic animal broth as well and that works fine and you don't have to add any salt to that. We are vegans in this house since a tumor was removed from my brain over 4 years ago, so that is the reason for the vegetable broth for us.

• Mbarajas04

3 years ago

awesome thank you! I just went to Costco but will pick some up next time. Wow that must have been really scary. So glad the doctors were able to remove the tumor. So scary. It sounds like you defeated whatever it was, right? I am learning how important food is to our health and really trying to make some good changes. I haven't become a veggiterrian yet but I am open to anything.

• huskereurocat

3 years ago

It was scary, but we came through it with 5% of the tumor left in. My oncologist said that due to my going vegan (meat is much harder for the body to digest) and cutting out sugar (which the tumor was feeding on), my body ate up the rest of the tumor. The only thing that has impacted me is that I was left with an imbalanced gait so I walk with a cane and my thought processes are a little slower than normal, thus disabled. It could be a lot worse so neither one of us are complaining.

I figure if I don't have to eat meat I won't. There are way too many other options out there for me to insist on meat. Plus the whole tumor thing in the brain kind of is a 'game changer'!

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.