Real Change

52 & Juiced - UPDATE: 53 & lost 145 pounds!

Real Change

Posted by DanMiller BettyRae on 7 years ago

March 2011 I was 51 years old and 325 lbs of Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead. August 2012 I am 52 years old and weigh 212 lbs - a total weightloss of 113 pounds!

UPDATE: November 2013 Update: I am 53 and I have lost 145 pounds and regained the health of my entire family with Daily Reboot Juicing and a Plant-Based Whole food eating lifestyle. Please see: http://www.rebootwithjoe.com/reboot-success-story-...

My name is Dan (5'11" - 52 yr old) and I joined the reboot network on 7-24-2011 after watching Joe's Documentary. I weighed 289 pounds. I immediately went and bought a Breville Juicer (the BEST brand) and I did a 10 day vegetable juicing fast. I only drank pitchers of fresh juice (and water)for 10 days - as much as I wanted, to jumpstart my program. Everyday I made/make a juice of approx: 2 pounds Carrots, 1/2 bunch Celery, 1 big cucumber, 3 leaves Kale, 1/4 Beet, 1 green apple and a knob of ginger. During the reboot juice fasting period I only had veggie juice, all day everyday no solid food. The all you can drink nutrition packed vegetable juice keeps you feeling full and energized and allows your digestive tract to balance. I instantly started feeling better - through a juice fast! I instantly dropped 10 pounds which motivated me to continue. After the juice only period, I thought, "I can do this." I tried another month of daily juicing, during that month, I ate 1 daily meal of solid food like salad or steamed veggies.

I lost 20 pounds that first 6 weeks. I continued daily juicing through Christmas 2011/New Year 2012. I would just drink veggie juice all day replacing breakfast, lunch, snack. I ate 1 solid meal in the evening with healthy stuff like beans, veggie stews, big salads. I totally stopped eating sugar, sweets, breads, chips, soda, coffee, booze and cut big meat portions but stick to smaller portions of chicken, turkey, fish. By March of 2012 I had lost a total of 55 pounds with daily juicing and 1 solid 'healthy' meal per day. Ask me - I did NOT feel hungry, no low energy and no cravings for crappy food or solid food. Within months of juicing I instantly stopped falling asleep in mid-conversation, I stopped having sleep apnea and my skin rash went away, my circulation and metabolism improved and I was able to start some simple exercise. When you watch the documentary you can see how easy it is to incorporate the lifestyle. I (We-my wife too) just always have a thermos of fresh juice available to consume on a daily basis. At least 2-3 16oz glasses per day for me....one 16 oz glass per day for my wife.

With new found energy and the ability to bend down and tie my shoes, now I always ask my wife to give me jobs or duties or heavy lifting stuff, which I used to avoid. I have continued to loose weight every month (without excessive exercise) and average about 10 pounds per month. However, now I still only eat healthy solid food at dinner and have a mid-day snack of carrots n nuts or a piece of fruit, everything else I consume is water and my veggie juice. I make one pitcher of juice per day and sip it in 16oz portions throughout the day. I did not eat breakfast, but I do have a fresh fruit serving in the morning, no lunch but I sip on juice. Both my wife & I are starting to notice that there is not much fat left (only about 25 pounds in my belly) and with the daily exercise and continued juicing, my skin is starting to tighten and tone a bit more as opposed to loosing excess fat. I figure another 3-4 months and I will reach my new goal weight of 190lbs for my 5'11" 52-year old frame. My original goal back in summer 2011 was to lose 50 pounds, but that came off relatively easy with juicing in about 6-7 months, so I upped the anti in April and set a goal for another 50 pounds. The weight has really fallen off quickly and systematically in the 1-1/2 year since considering weight loss, but came off faster when I started daily reboot juicing. I adjusted my lifestyle, but the changes fit into our existing lifestyle. Ya know how people carry around their Starbucks coffee drinks?, Now my cup is filled with fresh veggie juice instead of a MochalattaChocolattaCalories. I am always carrying and sipping on something in a 16oz thermo glass - something veggie-juicy good.

March 2011 I was 51 years old and 325 lbs of Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead. November 2013 I am 53 (54 in a couple months!) years old and weigh 193 lbs - a total weight loss of 145 pounds!

You can Message me by clicking on my name above and I'll send you photos, tips & techniques to lose weight with Reboot Juicing and eating a plant-based lifestyle or you can see all the personal details on my website at: www.envirohealthtech.com/weight_loss.htm

November 2013 Update: I have lost 145 pounds and regained the health of my entire family with Daily Reboot Juicing and a Plant-Based Whole food eating lifestyle. Please see: http://www.rebootwithjoe.com/reboot-success-story-...

You are all invited to Join the Juicing & Plant-based Society at: http://community.rebootwithjoe.com/groups/view/code/U9N7MDVRMZF5CANKWHEU

Eat & Drink Plants!

Healthy Regards, Dan Miller

Juice for Weight Loss. Juice for Health. Juice for Life.

- Want more? See: http://community.rebootwithjoe.com/profile/danmill...

This topic contains 22 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by SluggoCRX 5 years ago.

Replies To 52 & Juiced - UPDATE: 53 & lost 145 pounds!

• SkyeinOregon

7 years ago
    Fantastic! Why not post your story with pics on this web site? Yours is an inspiring story and we can use all of the inspiration we can get.
  • SoCalSTEVE

7 years ago
    Way to go!
  • SueE

7 years ago
    Hi Steve - I am planning 80 days too starting 1st September - fancy keeping me company? Cheers Sue
  • JUWO

7 years ago
    WOW! Congratulations! Hard work, solid changes and determination! I am 52 and have a little less than 100 lb to eliminate, your success is very inspiring! Thank you!
  • TaylorG

7 years ago
    Great story! Thanks for sharing.
  • SueE

7 years ago
    That's really inspiring Dan - thanks for posting! I'm starting on 1st September and am looking forward to the changes!
  • kanikani

7 years ago
    What an amazing story. I am so happy for you and your wife. My husband and I watched Joe's DVD 2 weeks ago. Since we live on an island we had to order a juicer. It arrived today! we are gearing up to start Monday with some samples and testings this weekend. We are 62 and I would like to lose 70 and he would like to lose 40 or 50. We both had physicals this week and his blood pressure is HIGH and my LDL is high so it is time to do this...Thank you for your encouragement and for sharing your story....
  • isaelperez81

7 years ago
    Simply amazing... I can't wait to start and look 100+pounds.. I'm at 295 looking to get to 180. The question is do you ever get tired of drinking vegi
  • teachertheresa13

7 years ago
    Wow -- beyond good on you -- GREAT ON YOU! I am beginning the second half of my 60 day journey today (day 31) and you're post gave me all the confidence I need to do it! Congrats on the life-change!
  • DanMiller BettyRae

7 years ago
    I hope to inspire others that losing weight with Reboot Juicing and a plant-based diet DOES work! I have now lost over 115 pounds in 18 months. I now eat everyday but lose weight everyday, I have coffee breaks, I eat with friends and family, I exercise and lead a very active lifestyle -- and I do it all with a 16 oz of veggie juice nearby at all times. I continue to juice 48-64 oz of veggie juice everyday. I prefer to speak on the phone to express greater detail so you can contact me via my weight loss webpage at: WWW.ENVIROHEALTHTECH.COM/WEIGHT_LOSS.HTM or email me: millerae AT frontier.com and I'll send you my link or give you a call. Regards, Dan
  • Vitalis

5 years ago

hello - I am new to all of this but so impressed with your stories! Do you drink your juice neat or do you add water to it? And the ounces you refer to concerning total juice made each day, is that a fluid ounce or weighed ounces on scales?

• DanMiller BettyRae

5 years ago

Vitalis, I do not water down my vegetable juices, nor would I consider that?....However, when rinsing my freshly juiced container - i put about 1/4 cup of purified water and swish the juicing container so to get every last drop. but I do not water down the juice.

yes, fluid ounces -- even now, after a 145 pound weight loss, I drink at least 1 pint-16oz-500ml per each day and up to 48oz/1500ml through the day. When in doubt---more juice.

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.