Real Change

43 DAYS 43 LBS SO FAR...........and counting!!

Real Change

Posted by Juiced on 3 years ago

Hi everyone,

I am a 35 year old father of 5 daughters, all under 8 ...... Yes you read that right 5 girls. :)

My Grandparents on my fathers side both passed away at a very young age. His eldest brother made 40, his other brother and himself have had several heart surgeries. There was a huge celebration when they turned 60 as not many of them made it that far (sad). I now know that most of their issues could have been prevented with diet and exercise.

I was heading down the typical path that Joe Cross and my family was. Working non stop, binge eating, drinking and smoking were the norm. I have always been a heavier set guy, but I was also always athletic. I played Hockey and Football my entire childhood and into my 20's. I had a bad snowmobile accident that required 4 knee surgeries and that was 8 years ago, during that time I ballooned up to 315+/- lbs @ 6'2".

For the past 8 years I would always start with good intentions and quickly drop 10-20lbs and then to celebrate I would seem to fall back into my old habits of over working, bad food, drinking and smoking. This year something clicked! I'm pretty sure my body gave me an ultimatum. I have 100% committed to health and wellness for the rest of my life. I have 5 little girls who look up to their dad and I want to teach them well. Its kind of funny that we have always ate healthy as a family, it was my habits when I left the house that were killing me daily.

I watched Fat Sick and Nearly Dead for the 3rd or 4th time and made a true commitment to 10 days of just juicing! The first 4 days honestly were pure hell for me, but I committed and wasn't about to let myself or my family down. I felt it was now or never so I continued. When day 10 hit I had never felt so good in my life so I committed to 10 more, day 20 hit and I felt even better and when day 30 hit I committed to 60 days of nothing but juicing. I cant remember when I have had this much energy in my life!!

Its now day 43 and I am down exactly 43lbs and will re-evaluate how I feel at day 60 and go from there. At this point what I do know is that I will be adopting a whole foods plant based diet once I have stopped just the juicing. I will always incorporate fresh green juice in my diet everyday as I have now seen and felt the benefits. I have purchased several cookbooks, vitamix blender, spirilizer and an excalibur dehydrator and I am making lists and trying out the recipes on my family so far all have been hits.

This has not been an easy task. There has been many challenging days but by far the rewards of how I feel and look 100% outweigh the bad. I have had several business meetings still and I have found it is a great conversation starter when the menus show up and you say just a lemon water please. I have not found any negativity to it especially once I explain why I am doing it, its for MY health as there is no argument at that point and most of the time they end up ordering a salad with their burger, small changes haha.

I have an absolutely amazing life and have everything I could ever need or want. I have a very loving, caring, kind, supportive wife, 5 healthy beautiful daughters, we have our own successful businesses, wonderful friends and are blessed with many other activities that make us happy. The one thing you cant purchase is time on this earth so what I am doing today is hoping to extend this wonderful journey here.

I had been holding off posting here but I felt I needed to get this out. Even if I motivate one person it will mean the world to me. I would like to thank all of you who took the time to read my story and to those who contributed stories of their own. Many of you have motivated me to continue on. I am very excited for my future.

Jeff

This topic contains 29 replies, has 1 voices, and was last updated by Or Maman 2 years ago.

Replies To 43 DAYS 43 LBS SO FAR...........and counting!!

• LadyA

3 years ago

That is fantastic Jeff. Congrats and keep going. I feel even more motivated now. I have 2 beautiful daughters and they are happily juicing too. It is really making a difference !

• Kat Holmes

3 years ago

Well done Jeff! I logged onto the site just now so as to get some motivation and came across your post, your determination is so inspiring. I've just started juicing but still having light meals and by the week end I hope to be juicing only. It's really difficult but when I think of all those wonderful nutrients going into my body it helps me get through the day. I am vegan so a plant based diet is what I am used to. Anyway Jeff keep up the great work and very well done! I hope I can get to where you are now.

• Juiced

3 years ago

My blood pressure was 172/96 when I started juicing 44 days ago. I have been monitoring it weekly and today it was 132/76! That's only in 44 short days. Also 44lbs lighter as of today!

• Lillies

3 years ago

congrats! Did you work out too? I don't know why I am not loosing lbs.. Maybe 4 lbs per week only..

What are some of your juice recipes?

• Juiced

3 years ago

I have been working out 5 days a week doing the Les Mills Combat videos. I have also been doing a Infared Sauna 3 x week. As far as my juice recipes I have been keeping it very simple. I have been making green juice with 80% veggies. My staple has been Kale, celery, cucumber, romaine, Granny Smith apples, lemon and ginger. I make enough to last 2-3 days and have them in air tight mason jars in the fridge so they are always available. I have been using a Greenstar elite juicer. At day 40 I have started having one Kombucha drink daily as well as a tablespoon of Kimchi with my supper juice. I also drink 6 l water daily at minimum.

• Juiced

3 years ago

Well its day 67 of my health journey, one that I will eventually quit counting numbers as it will just be called LIFE at that point. As of today I am down 57 lbs. At day 60 I started eating a large Raw Supper which usually consists of a huge salad or just a bunch of cut up veggies and some whole grains or lentils and still juice only for breakfast and lunch. I feel ALIVE and WELL. Pick up a 57lb weight and walk around with it. I cant believe the difference that I have made in 67 short days. Cheers to you all.

• Monica

3 years ago

Wow! Amazing job! I like your comment eventually I will stop counting days. I was just thinking this. It may be counter productive to count days, as I see this is a lifestyle change.. Not sure what point that will be for me :)

• Jill_Pro

3 years ago

amazing! Inspiring! And gives me hope.

• KayCeeDee

3 years ago

Bravo. Did you find there were any particular juice recipes that gave you more energy than others ?

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.