Reboot Newbies

30-Day Fast??

Reboot Newbies

Posted by juicin' jill on 5 years ago

How do you even think about a 30-day fast when just getting through day 3 is hard enough?? I can't seem to find a veggie combo I like to drink all day, having a hard time finding the time to juice before work, finding it hard to keep enough veggies in the house with the large quantities used for each juice... whine whine whine.

Tell me about your hard days and how you got through them. I think that will help push me to day 4. Thanks!

This topic contains 30 replies, has 1 voices, and was last updated by oKSI12 3 months ago.

Replies To 30-Day Fast??

• rockbud95

5 years ago

all of your 'whines' are the reasons that hold me back every time I want to try a juice fast. that's my 'whine'....

• pretty

5 years ago

I'm almost at week 3. When I crave I pray in my own way.

What's the quote... 'Fasting without prayer is starvation'?

Then I tell myself as I grab my fat belly... "I have the rest of my life to eat. But today I'm going to lose weight and get healthy."

• Nikita43

5 years ago

Hi Jill. I'm on Day 3 too and having all the same issues as you are. Too much shopping, washing and chopping vegetables. Too much juicer cleaning. Too much cleaning juice pulp off my wall. Today I went to the market and bought two bags of carrots, two bunches of celery and 8 large cucumbers. The lady at the register asked me what I was making and I said "a very labor intensive glass of hungry." But when I got home from work and am dreading having to make juice for today and tomorrow, I thought about how many nights lately I've gone to bed in my once loose comfortable pyjamas that are now feeling tight. And how many times I've gone to bed feeling so full I can't sleep or having heartburn. How frustrating it is to try to find work clothes in my closet that aren't tight every single morning. And dreading every upcoming event because I don't look the way I want to and can't wear what I want. And just generally feeling crappy all the time. So you know what? The empty feeling isn't so bad and I'm gonna keep going. Please hang in there with me!

• pretty

5 years ago

Nikita43, That was very well said. What kind of juicer do you have? My juicer grinds so I can save the juice in the fridge. Today I made 4 different juices for at least 2 days.

• Ali

5 years ago

hmm, sounds like you might have a juicer problem. I usually don't have to do much chopping and it's pretty good about not spraying things everywhere. Don't get me wrong, i've had a couple of volcanos (once with beets, looked like i committed murder in my kitchen) but that was the exception to the rule.

• juicin' jill

5 years ago

Rockbud... I understand the trepidation for starting the fast - but if you even did it for 2-3 days, you would feel something different. And then you could decide if you wanted to try again or go longer. I'm amazed at how soft my skin has become and how much better I am sleeping. It's really something. And when it gets hard again (like tomorrow), I'll just come back here for support.

Nikita... so totally my experience. Completely. And what pulled me through tonight (besides all the support here) was thinking 'I'm going to need to get smaller pants soon' as I yet again pulled my waistband up for the umpteenth time today. Pretty awesome after only 3 days. I'm hanging in there with you - for certain! Don't know how long I will go, but day 4 HERE I COME!

• pretty

5 years ago

There are brief times during the day that I ask myself "Why am I doing this again? Maybe I should just stop now." But just like you I keep going. I've lost 8 0 10 lbs in less than two weeks. I have at the minimal 20lbs to go before I stop.

• rockbud95

5 years ago

jucin' jill - thank you for your inspiring words...you're right....even a 2-3 day will help me understand how unhealthy i have been treating my body. i have RA and need to find the right way to control inflammation without the scary drugs that i am currently taking.

• Nikita43

5 years ago

I have a Breville JE98XL but I just ordered an Omega 8006 so that I can get a clearer juice. What I've been doing is making 4 meals at a time because I really don't have time in the morning before work to juice. It means I just juice once a day but it does take a lot of time. So far, I'm not sure if I've lost any weight but I feel pretty good and definitely lighter than I was a week ago so I'm hanging in there.

• chelly35

5 years ago

Thank you so much I really needed that I'm on day two and feel the same way thnks:)

• imajicat

5 years ago

I'm on day 4 of partial juicing with one small meal a day. I'm planning on switching to the full fast on Thursday but, like you, I'm struggling with the keeping up with the juice making and cleaning up. I work a 12 hour overnight and make all my juice ahead to take with me, but the thought of getting home after work and spending an hour or two in the kitchen juicing and cleaning up before I can go to bed is just.. ugh. I'm also having trouble finding a green juice flavor that I can stomach multiple times a day, but I'm experimenting. I find that pineapple and sweet potato make things better than lemons! I'm trying to hang in there. it will probably help when I start to see some weight loss but until then, I'm just telling myself every day that I'm not crazy and this will make me feel better. I think finding the discussions will help, too.

• pretty

5 years ago

Are you juicing the sweet potato?

• imajicat

5 years ago

yes, not a lot of juice but a nice flavor and a lot of potassium.

• juicin' jill

5 years ago

So the update is I'm now on Day 10 and loving this. In fact, when I came to this page today to read the updated posts, I had to double check who wrote the initial post - Me?? Was I that unhappy on day 3? Wow how things have changed in a matter of 1 week. Happy as a clam now, worked out all my obstacles and looking ahead to maybe another 10-20 days.

• Ali

5 years ago

nice job!

• BeforeAndAfterDawn

4 months ago

Wow! That's so encouraging to read right now as I get ready to start my first juicing challenge!

• juicin' jill

5 years ago

Thanks, elhajj33!

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.