Group Reboots

THE REBOOT CLUB

Group Reboots

Posted by Jana on 5 years ago

This group officially started on 9/1/13 with a 30 day juice fast. We got along so well we decided to keep it going. A few of us have (or had) over 100 pounds to lose but we do not discriminate - feel free to join. Someone is usually doing a juice fast!

We focus on weight loss goals and will support you in any way we can. We try to keep the posts related to juice fasts, eating issues, emotional road blocks, etc.

If any of that appeals to you, WELCOME! Come on in and introduce yourselves!

This topic contains 2861 replies, has 38 voices, and was last updated by Jana 4 years ago.

Replies To THE REBOOT CLUB

• Reynolds

5 years ago
    Hey Jana! I made the transition over. Welcome to all the posters from Fabulous Fatties with 100 plus to lose! And to all those just joining! We've started a new forum specifically oriented at folks doing a 30 day reboot. That means consuming the 4-5 juices, water, herbal tea and coconut water and no CHEWING. We've agreed that having a separate forum where everyone is on a juice fast would help us avoid temptation while those on a modified talk about food! To those new to juicing and just joining, several here have done reboots before and Spankey has carved off 100 pounds in previous reboots, so he's our resident seasoned veteran. I'm a rookie, just started 8/2 and had a pound a day loss for the first 12 days. Then I voluntarily dismounted my horse because it was my birthday. As I came to learn, it is easier to stay on the horse than it is to GET BACK ON the horse!!! Liberated 15 pounds for the month, which for most would be awesome. But I know losses of 25-42 pounds are achieved, so that is my goal. Ride the whole month and liberate some substantial pounds. If you are unsure about juicing, or not sure about staying the course, we'll try to help every way we can. We are ALL fighting the same monkey on our back. We want you to succeed as that in turn motivates us. Let's do this ! Get your juicers ready, get your veggies and fruit washed and let's do it. Reynolds
  • Jana

5 years ago
    Reynolds, You are awesome! Wish you had started this group up, I love your post! After reading it I am more geared up than ever. 30-day reboot here we come! Jana
  • renee589

5 years ago
    Hi Jana and Reynolds, This will be my first time juicing, so I'm excited that there's a group to join! I've got my veggies ready. Thanks for starting this:) Sabrina
  • Natshell62

5 years ago
    Hey guys, I'm here:) I started on the 23rd of August but I want to make it all the way through September solids-free so I'm gonna hang here too. This is not only my first reboot, it is my first ever experience with juicing anything and a complete turnaround from the diet my family was eating right up until last week. So my body is freaking out trying to figure out what the heck I've done. LOL I am currently having a flareup of my autoimmune disorder which, as I understand, was to be expected. But I kind of gave it a jump start by going out running around in 100 degree weather. It will hopefully pass in a day or two and I'll be able to get back to my swimming. Since I have been going for 8 days already, I probably won't have that lovely rush of weight loss that those who start fresh on the 1st or 2nd will but that's okay. I lost 17 lbs in 7 days so I'm prepared for my rate of loss to slow to a more normal (for juicing) rate. Even the idea of losing .5-1 lb a day is so foreign to conventional wisdom diets! Because this is SO new to me, I'm not setting any real numbers goals other than 30 days, no solid food. Honestly I have hope that I will lose 15-30 lbs during this month but really going for getting all that nutrition in, cravings and bad habits out, and feeling more energy, building more strength and teaching my girls a healthier way of life. Oh yes! My 17 year old and 19 year old are doing this with me. They are my youngest 2 (of 5) and are obese with high blood pressure and cholesterol. THAT news was a kick in the pants that got me to watch FSND and Forks Over Knives and Hungry for Change. They have each lost 17 lbs as well. They are doing this one week at a time and deciding if it's time to add in a few health foods or not after each week. This week they CHOSE to continue to juice! And my 19 year old HATES veggies! I am so happy about that I can't even describe it. My son and dil are also doing this:) I also have two grown married daughter (moms to my 8 grandkids - getting ready to be 9) who are normal weight and active, healthy etc. Reynolds, in the other group, all the stuff you posted about how to get an avatar, I did all that. I have a gravatar. It shows up in my (non-active) wordpress blog but it still won't show up here. A bit annoying but oh well.
  • Dan P

5 years ago

Good for you Natshell. I would like to reboot for 30 days, too. Not sure tho. I'll have to take it one day at a time. But so far it has been surprisingly easy. The hard part will come when I cook for my partner. If I do that w/out taste testing - I'll be doing great! lol I passed the test of the workplace potluck yesterday. The smells and sights were so tantilizing, but I have to say I wasn't that tempted.
    Today marks the start of the 5th day and I've lost 10 lbs. And I feel absolutely amazing. :-) I want everyone on the planet to feel this alive and vibrant.
    Very happy to hear that your daughters are catching the juicing wave. :-)

• Natshell62

5 years ago
    Now I'm wondering what's going on. Is anyone's avatar showing up for you guys? Because even people who had an avatar before, don't now on my computer.
  • Reynolds

5 years ago
    Sabrina: Welcome welcome! This is kind of exciting to gear up for my second reboot! It is just like I felt at my first one. Sabrina if you haven't watched Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead by Joe Cross, it is available on youTube. I highly recommend it. It will give you so much information and you get to see real folks going through day one, struggling... doubting and feeling weak at the knees. It is a great story. The other to watch is Forks over Knives. It challenges what we think about food in a big way. The mental preparation that goes into the days before a reboot is very important. Start telling yourself now things along the lines of: .... this is going to be hard, but I'm not going to quit because the benefits I can achieve are staggering. ..... I've been a person that lacked discipline when it comes to food, but that was then, this is now. I have what it takes to do this. .... if a bunch of average fatties like me can jump on this diet weighing 429, or 404 or 396 pounds and do it for 30 days, 60 days or even 100 days, then I can to. They are not smarter than me, they just stuck to the plan. .... My health is important to me. I know my weight will shorten my life. I not only want to live, but I want to live liberated from the chains that this fat suit has burdened me with. .... purging my system of years of junk food, colas and other contaminants will shake my system up for 4-5 days and I will feel bad at times. But that is temporary. I'm busting through that and getting to the rewards which only come to those who ride the horse all the way to the finish line. Sabrina, we want you to succeed almost as much as we want to succeed. Join us and we can do this together. All the best, Reynolds .....
  • Anne in Bend

5 years ago

I'm not Sabrina, but I am inspired. Thanks, Renolds.

• Reynolds

5 years ago
    Natshell.... it wasn't me posting the directions. But I think it was Hippie or maybe JuiceeJuice... you can go check. Glad you are here!!!!! You don't need any introduction to some of us, but why don't we all post our story!!! It is a good ice breaker. I'll write mine and get it up Sunday. I'm thrilled to hear about your kids getting on board. THAT is so exciting for you, I'm sure. Wooo hoooo. What a good mom! It will be one of the best gifts you ever give them. I'll be scarce for the next 24-36 hours, college football has started!!!!! Go Longhorns! Roll tide! Reynolds
  • Molvie

5 years ago
    Count me in! I had done a two weeks juice detox in June and lost 12 lbs.. As of today, I have lost a total of 20lbs off of my then, 240 lbs. I am 47 years old, 5' 2" and 220 lbs.. My birthday is in mid-October. I would like to give myself a birthday gift of losing a dress size or two. I can do it. We can do it. Let's go! Molvie
  • Natshell62

5 years ago
    Oops, sorry Reynolds, I think it was Spanky. JuiceeJuice had posted them earlier and then he did. I tried both times, paying very close attention to each step. Not sure why it won't work. Not gonna worry about it! I'm a football fan too so there will be times when I'm a bit distracted from posting. Especially since my OSU Cowboys are ranked really well this year! GO POKES! And GO any team playing OU. LOL I actually am a fan of the Longhorns too. Lots of family and friends in Texas:) Jana - your intro post was just fine. It has the info needed and then when people come in they can see Reynolds' wonderful post too! Thanks for setting it up for us!! We are gonna rock this website!!! Welcome Sabrina and Molvie! I am a week in on my first fast. Guess I already said that here. LOL I'm 51 and my 17 and 19 year old as well as my 29 year old son and his wife are juice fasting with me and my hubby will be starting on the 5th when he gets home. We are retraining ourselves for a life change of epic proportions here;o) We did no prep for the fasting but our first week has been a fantastic revelation. I can't wait to see how we all look and feel at the end of September!

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.