The Canuck Rebooters

Post On Group Wall

Group Wall

• N1C01E

3 years ago

Hello fellow canadians! I currently am feeling the start of the SAD syndrome come over me and Joe's movie inspired me out of it. I'm not quite there yet as far as committing to a reboot date, but I am not ruling Nov 1 out either. I have a juicer but I'm not sure how the preparation goes. I'm one of those people that need to go step by baby step. The main thing is, I want to be healthy. So my 1st baby step is to go to the market this weekend. I think that's a pretty reasonable goal to achieve. :-)

• Mitzy

3 years ago

That's a great goal and a great time to join as those prone to SAD start feeling the symptoms in the Fall and Winter. My friend uses a light box to help her with SAD.

• Mery21

3 years ago
    I hear you! You did the best part by buying a juicer. Even attempting to juice is a great accomplishment cause you are mentally preparing for a life change. I did the same thing. Congrats on the next step by doing some veggie groceries.
  • Katyast

3 years ago

Mitzy, I read somewhere on this site (I think Joe's blog) that feeling cold is normal during a reboot. I also read that if you keep the temp a couple of degrees lower than room temp, your body burns more calories. I can't believe I am going to say this - Let the cold begin! LOL - thankfully I live in Vancouver so the cold seems like a brisk Fall anywhere else in Canada :)

• Queade

3 years ago

i also read about keeping the room temp colder so this year we have the high temp in our house 18....so far so good, just need slippers and a sweater, getting used to it and find the office at work too hot!

• NickyD

3 years ago

I keep wam by drinking lots of hot herbal teas, a least 6 cups a day!

• Mery21

3 years ago
    Im with you Kathy! Omgosh, its gonna be cold.
  • Katyast

3 years ago
    Good Afternoon Canucksters!

I completed one 15 day JF in September and lost 11 lbs. Since then I have been attempting a 60 day all JF but have been 'modifying' and failing miserably.
    Today is a new day and today I feel i have that extra 'Ooomph' power needed to do 60 days. I'd like to at least lose two dress sized by Christmas. I have a lot to lose, so you'll be seeing me on this site for at least a year.

Can I ask what part of Canada you are all from? I currently hail from Vancouver.

Kathy
  • Mitzy

3 years ago

I'm in Ontario. I commute weekly between The Golden Horseshoe, (along Lake Ontario) to Toronto and North to Georgian Bay. I juice all day and have a salad and roasted sweet potatoes, carrots and beans for dinner. Tomorrow is my 1st week weigh in. I too, want to drop 2 sizes by Xmas. For me I think that would equate to 40 lbs. I better hit the gym!

hmm, sounds like a Xmas challenge is brewing.

• NickyD

3 years ago

Welcome Katyast, I'm just across the water in Victoria.

• LornaAries

3 years ago

Hi Kathy, I am in Cloverdale. I did the juicing fast for 2 weeks in the summer and lost 16 lbs. however I started to crave carbs and sadly fell off the veggie wagon and gained all the weight back. So here I am starting over and this time I joined this group as I believe I need contact with others going through the same thing to help inspire me to stay the course. I have lots of weight to loose too so will be here for a long time too. I would like to find others in my area as well. Best wishes for your success! Lorna

• Mery21

3 years ago
    Hellooo Katyast, a big welcome from Markham, Ontario!
  • Mitzy

3 years ago

Burrrr cold! I'd like to contribute that cold feeling to the weight I'm losing. My backpack is filled with all my juices for the day at work. Preparing them the night before works best for me, especially when I have to catch the train each morning.

Day 7 on my first juice fest and I actually have no hunger pains. I thought the toughest part would be cooking my husbands lunches for the week-- roast beef with all the trimmings and homemade Mac and cheese. I made it through without one taste!

• LornaAries

3 years ago

wow! well done, you are an inspiration to me. My husband eats all the comfort food he wants and never gains a pound. The smell of his food gets to me and has contributed to my falling off the veggie wagon more than once. I have decided to have oatmeal when I am craving something warm but only sweetened with banana and no dairy added. Allspice in Oatmeal is pretty good. One of Joe's suggested recipes.

• Mitzy

3 years ago

Welcome to Luv to Juice and Katyast. Our group of juicers is sprouting fast!

• Deb

3 years ago

Hi Team Canada! Just purchased a juicer today and starting tomorrow morning - greetings and encouragement to you all!

• Mitzy

3 years ago

I actually find juicing fun and try to mix things up a little. I hope you will also.

• Mitzy

3 years ago

Hope your first day of juicing was tasty!!

• Mitzy

3 years ago
    [deleted]
  • Mitzy

3 years ago

Are you enjoying you're new juicer?

• Mery21

3 years ago
    Sooo how did it go for you? My first day was just a couple of weeks ago but it took much longer to mentally prepare for juicing. I hope your first day wasnt that bad.
  • JuicyKrys

3 years ago

Hey Mitzy - it's great to be here :-)

What doesn't appear in any posts is the weight that I re-gained when I allowed some old, bad habits to creep back into my life over the 4 months since I completed my 60-day Reboot. So, I'm back on 100% juice for 8-14 days - today is day 3 and I'm going to see how it goes. I've got a 10k road race (part of the Niagara Falls International Marathon) next Sunday and my goal is <1:15:00. Last year I completed the half marathon, mostly walking, in 3:09:56. Being "juice-powered" I am hoping to jog much of the 10k :fingers crossed:

• Mitzy

3 years ago

Its a struggle. I've lost and gained many times. I feel I'm in the right place of mind, mentally and emotionally to now deal with the physical. Good luck with the race Sunday, I'm sure it will be on CHCH news!

• Sick'n'Tired

3 years ago
    [deleted]
  • LauraLovesJuicing

3 years ago

Good for you, it's all about being persistent and consistent. I plan on juicing for the rest of my life as I lost 65 lb. juicing + eating; that took 1 1/2 years to complete the weight loss. Juicing only is much faster...but I do believe that I will have to juice only part of each month from hereafter, as Joe does. Best of luck in the race.

• LauraLovesJuicing

3 years ago

Good for you, it's all about being persistent and consistent. I plan on juicing for the rest of my life as I lost 65 lb. juicing + eating; that took 1 1/2 years to complete the weight loss. Juicing only is much faster...but I do believe that I will have to juice only part of each month from hereafter, as Joe does. Best of luck in the race.

• Rascalraccoon

3 years ago
    I'm just starting, on a budget, need some startup recipes, juicer should arrive by 1/10/14, will start with 10 day juice diet then see how I feel to extend it or not for another 10 and so on. Would love to lose 35-40 lbs ultimately. Can anyone help with recipes? Thank you
  • Mitzy

3 years ago

Hello to fellow Ontarian, JuicyKrys. Welcome. I read your discussions and all I can say is Wow! congratulations on your accomplishments. Your story helps further my resolution to stick with this.

• Mitzy

3 years ago

Hi to Celeste03 and Soulshine. Glad u joined the group. I started Oct 11, 2013. My first 3 days were a struggle but I've persevered. I have 2 Weight Watcher weigh ins left (cancelled membership) and have designated Tuesdays as my weekly check point moving forward. Look for my weekly weigh-in report here.

• soulshine

3 years ago

Hi Mitzy,

Nice to be apart of a Canadian group, thank you. I'm 41 & live in Ontario. I started a 10day juice plan August 30th and lost 15lbs in a mth. I started eating plant based (or my best effort at the time) up until now and have fluctuated between 15 & 18lbs loss for the last little while. So I am going to do two green juices and strict plant base meals starting in the morning. Here's to learning a new life style with bumps along the way. The important thing is not giving up.

• Mitzy

3 years ago

With the cold weather and winter snow soon upon us, it's time to boot ourselves into gear to stave off those love handles, beef, or muffin top, one generally puts on over the long winter months.

I started juicing October 15th 2013. Thinking of joining our fast growing Canadian group---read how our members are achieving weigh loss success and loving it! What's stopping you, grab your veggies and start juicing, the more the merrier! and healthier!

• Raging Bull

3 years ago

Hello from Calgary, just waiting for my juicer to be deliver to start

• LornaAries

3 years ago

Hi Mtzy, I have just joined the Canadian group. I am in the Vancouver area, are their others from Vancouver and the Lower Mainland in BC? I would love to find someone close by to start walking with and share the juicing experience with. I am looking forward to learning from all of the others in this group.

• Mitzy

3 years ago

Hi LornaAries, Yes, check out page 23-24 a few members were just chatting about being from that area. You can also check the map locator when locked in. If members have turned this on then you can zero in on your area to see where others are from.

Email Newsletter:

Our weekly newsletter is packed with special messages from Joe, exclusive recipes, giveaways, and more!

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.