Join the Sunshine Clubbe - Open to all - Starting anytime!!!

Post On Group Wall

Group Wall

• linda

2 years ago

ellcubed: do you speek dutch, what do you mean with L3

and sunshine i am preparing myself i am a veganist and i often drink juices and smoothies but my biggest problem is sucker it is a addition for me

i hope when i begin white fulltime juices and smoothie i hope to reboot my body, i will begin with 10 days and if it goos wel i do some more, i am very excited if i wil be succesfull

• Sunshine

2 years ago

Hi Linda....did you mean sugar is an addiction for you? Don't worry 90% population of the world is addicted to sugar. I suggest you watch this movie "Fed Up"....it's a documentary on sugar and it is mind blowing!

https://vimeo.com/107524227

• ellcubed

2 years ago

Hey Linda - Ik spreek Nederlands een beetje. Ik passeren enige tijd in Nederland vele jaren geleden (about 100 years ago :-P) en Ik wil om te oefenen.

My initials are LLL and I abbreviate them to L3 (should be a superscript 3). Ellcubed is 'math-speak' for L3.

I too have a sweet tooth (aka sugar addiction), so I think I will try to watch "Fed Up" along with others in the group. I found it free on Youtube.

• umbango

2 years ago

I've been trying to do some of the exercises from 'You are your own gym' by Mark Lauren. They don't require any gym equipment but the exercises are pretty taxing. Like Ellcubed says, something is better than nothing (which I have been doing until now) but I'm not going to push the boat out too far and get ready for juicing first. Exercise can be the next hurdle after shifting some pounds.

Today I've had a kimchi rice breakfast (strange I know but not the weirdest breakfast here in China), a large mean green juice to see me through the day and a big bowl of vegan curry for dinner. I have to admit that I did have a packet of chips at a friends when we were watching a movie.

Compared to how I've been eating recently I'm happy that I'm edging towards the start of the plan for April 1st. I'm trying to get down to one helping of carbs a day and adding in extra juice until it's juice only!

• Sunshine

2 years ago

Same here Umango....taking it slow on the excercise front. One baby step at a time ;)

• Salema D.

2 years ago

I am so happy that I ran accross this post. I did a small juice fast (7 days) and lost 17 lbs in March. I wanted to go a full 30 days but fell off of the wagon. I wished then that I had some support and so I checked out Joe's site. Considering the fact that I came to know the powerful results gained with juice fasting by watching Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead, it only made sense, huh. Anyways, I am super psyched about getting started again on April 1st!

• Sunshine

2 years ago

Welcome to Sunshine Club Salema...very happy to have you here :)

Lets do it together!

• thecarsfreak

2 years ago

We can do it Salema! And congrats on your 17 lbs, that is awesome!! I'm committing for all of April, and maybe longer once we get there! I can't wait to start feeling better :)

• Sunshine

2 years ago

Gooood morning everybody...here is my breakfast (a divine cocoa & mango smoothie)...lunch (my first juice cabbage, carrot, apple, spinach)....snack (my fav three berries chia seeds smoothie).

Transition is going well so far :)

• Sunshine

2 years ago

Welcome to the club Umbango!!

• ellcubed

2 years ago

About exercise:

I retired from teaching Middle School three years ago in order to be free to take care of my elderly parents. I have been writing to earn a living (barely :- P) and the sedentary life-style is really catching up with me! I have gained weight, my knees hurt, and I am losing range of motion all over the place. My A1C is in the pre-diabetic range and is totally related to weight at this point. My beloved father died a year and a half ago from the compications of diabetes and I see myself becoming him. He suffered an injury in his sixties that he allowed to limit his activity and the results of that had a dramatic effect on his quality of life during his final years.

Having cared for him through this difficult time, I am determined not to put my children or myself through the same thing if I can help it. I juiced over the summer last year and was making progress and feeling good. Still less than minimal exercise, but there's always hope, right? Then my mom got sick and the winter (more than 100 inches of snow - a 1/4 mile long driveway and not enough income to pay for someone to plow!) has everyone in New England rushing for therapy and myself rushing for Cheetos and brownies. I LOVE Cheetos and I KNOW there is only one serving in that bag; no matter what the label says!

Well, the snow in my yard is now less than 4 feet in some places, the small patch of yard I had to keep shoveled for my little puppy (Rascal - 4 pounds of pure delight!) is showing some ground, Mom is doing much better, and hope is re-awakening. So I am getting going with juicing again - Yay me! But exercise is definitely NOT going to be easy. Anyone out there able to relate to this?

Here's my plan:

A or 1) Use the videos and equipment that I already own. Mix it up - do something different every day - even 15 minutes is better than nothing.

B or 2) Ordered P90x on ebay (I feel thinner and fitter already - teehee) and will use it at least twice a week. Probably won't ever make it through a whole 90 minute work-out, but even the warm-ups are better than anything I am doing now and should help a bit with range of motion.

C or 3) Hope that I can take my puppy for walks. Last year, we couldn't walk because the local hawk population was high. The Rascal, aka 'Hawkbait - Ooh Ha Ha', must have looked like lunch to them and we were buzzed and even attacked multiple times. And to think that I used to enjoy watching Momma and Poppa Hawk teach their fledgling to hunt every year!

Any suggetstions for D or 4? What are you all doing for exercise?

• Sunshine

2 years ago

Hello ellcubed. You already have so much going in terms of exercise. I have not planned anything yet. Will take it one at a time. I wish to first get used to juicing, get my body to accept this change and slowly introduce exercise. Don't want to overwhelm myself and my body.

• linda

2 years ago

hello you all, i am very glad to join this group, i send a word to the group but something went wrong i think, so i will do it now.

my name is Linda and i am from Holland my weight is 88 kg and 1.70 cm long my bmi is about 30.3 and dat is to muts i am 55 years old, so i would like to lose 15 ore 20 kg

when i was about 30 years after i had children i am struggling with my weight, up and down and everytime after, a kilo more, and when a saw the doc of Joe Cross i know that i have to try, so here aim

my english is not so bad, but it cold be better so i hope that you can read it, and i make my excuse in advance if i say/writhe something wrong.

i wis you al good luck and hope that we can help eats other to achieve our goal

Linda

• ellcubed

2 years ago

Welkom en veel geluk. Je engels is zeer begrijpelijk. U gaat meisje! :-D L3

• Sunshine

2 years ago

Welcome to Sunshine Club Linda. Your english is perfectly understandable :) No worries.

Are you eating mostly salads and vegan food during this week? You might want to do that if you aren't already. It will help you ease into juicing when you start 1st of April.

• umbango

2 years ago

Hi guys, I'm needing the motivation to do this again. I did a 30 day fast over a year ago and it really worked for me. However time has crept by and I got back into 'holiday' mode since Christmas I've been finding it hard to stop filling my face with just about anything I can get my hands on.

It's time for a change though. I've got back on this site and been juicing at least once a day for a couple of days now. I want to do a 30 day reboot again and this looks like the group for me. I'm also around the 210lb mark, although I'm not certain; probably a bit more. I don't own scales and don't plan on buying them. I'll mark any progress by how my clothes fit and how good I feel.

I hope we can all be regular posters on this group and keep up the moral. I know it will be challenging but the best way to get through it is to share with everyone. Good luck, just try and remember every time you feel like slipping, why it is you are doing this.

• Sunshine

2 years ago

Hello Umabango. Welcome to the Sunshine Club. As the name suggests we are all going to be fit and healthy to embrace this summer like we have always dreamed of. I mean business and I am sure going to be posting a whole lot. Inviting you to do the same :)

I think it is perfectly ok not weighing yourself. I do own a scale, however I am planning not to weight myself for at least a month of juicing, because whether I lose weight or not I am committed to juicing. So I do not want any dampner effecting my motivation.

Lets do it together!!!!

• thecarsfreak

2 years ago

Hi umbango! This will be my first time juicing and I am excited that you had great results with your last 30 day fast, that is so encouraging! I am happy to be in this group and am planning to update throughout April. Let us know how you're doing!

• Sunshine

2 years ago

Welcome to the club ellcubed

• Sunshine

2 years ago

My lunch today....transition phase :)

Email Newsletter:

Our weekly newsletter is packed with special messages from Joe, exclusive recipes, giveaways, and more!

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.