Join the Sunshine Clubbe - Open to all - Starting anytime!!!

Post On Group Wall

Group Wall

• Tracy

1 month ago

Day 16 here! Feeling pretty good. I'm getting pretty close to my goal weight. If I get there I reserve the right to start up with coffee again! I really like coffee. I would like to get a few pounds under the target weight to give myself a cushion for the transition out of the reboot. Thanks for posting, everyone! I also find it very helpful and inspiring.

• Yeager

1 month ago

Reward yourself for the achievement. It makes it worth it!

CU@Healthy!

Rick

• Jennybird

1 month ago

Right on! That must feel so good to be closing in on that goal. Sounds like you have a good plan.

• Jennybird

1 month ago

Still working on changes. I fell of the juice wagon again and have taken a short break to identify what's up with that. And i've concluded that I have been needing comfort because stressed and insecure about school and trying to change my career. So, back on tomorrow am. I've decided that, although I prefer not to break my fast, I will stop and review what's really going on if I do and *not beat myself up* over it. My ultimate goal is to change my health habits for good. So this is just a first step along my path to better health. Each time I fast, I learn something new. So, tomorrow i'm gonna call day one. I'm hoping to go for a 100 days and see if I want to do more when I get there. I tend to get really determined when I commit to a change. So here we go. Just to clarify for myself why I am doing this: I had cancer a few years back. It shook my, my wife and family's world. The symptom's have come back recently that were there when I was diagnosed back then. My doctor oked thisfast to prevent illness for me. Also have acid reflux, diagnosed with prediabetes, have psoriasis, and obese. Each one of these things I have researched and discovered that *all* of them can be remedied with a long juice and water fast! So, ok me....let's get on this! :) p.s. I find reading your posts inspiring. I'm so glad to have this group and support each other. Happy juicing tomorrow everyone. I hope you all sleep well tonight.Good night. zzzzzzz

• Tracy

1 month ago

Remember, you can eat the fruits and veggies, too, if juice every day becomes too difficult. I find juicing every single day very challenging. The important thing is getting the fruits and veggies into your body. Good luck, Jennybird!

• Tumbleweed

1 month ago

Jennybird, please get Ann Cameron's book "Curing Cancer with Carrots." I have been able to shrink my tumors in half in only 4 months from drinking 8 cups organic carrot juice every day (with occasional missed days from busy schedule). There are many testimonials in that book, as well as a lot of info on cancerisover.blogspot.com It is a game changer! I have not done chemo/radiation/drugs/surgery. The carrot juice is key & probably why Gerson therapy is so successful.

What didn't work:

I tried water only fasts @ 5-9 days long every month followed by organic low-carb. I did this for 4 months. (inspired by the work of Dr. Valter Longo) Result: tumors continued to grow.

Next I did 3 day water only fasts every week followed by organic ketogenic eating. I did this for 4 months. (inspired by the work of Dr. Thomas Seyfried's Metabolic Theory of Cancer). Result: tumors continued to grow.

Next I did a 38 day organic juice fast (mostly green veggies) followed by 3 months of organic GAPS diet (heavy in bone broth/soups/salads). Result: tumors continued to grow.

THIS WORKED:

Last, I drank 8 cups of organic carrot juice every day & ate my regular organic diet (with occasional missed days). I did this for 4 months. Result: TUMORS SHRANK IN HALF!!!

please, give it a try & see if it works for you. I juiced a 3 day supply at a time. I plan to do a 2 day supply for the next 6 months to speed things up. I didn't mix anything to the juice-no lemon, no ginger... because I didn't know if anything would counteract with the medicinal compounds. I think it is the FALCARINOL in the carrot- a natural compound that helps a carrot not rot during storage. Dr. Kristin Brandt in the UK did successful studies on falcarinol & rat tumors.

Good luck Jennybird!

• Jennybird

1 month ago

Thank you Tumbleweed! That is so kind of you for the head's up. I will be sure to drink carrot juice daily and look in to the book. I had chemo and radiation a few years back and would love to avoid it agin. I will look in to the book and website you suggested. I'm so happy for you that this is helping you. Thanks for being in this group :)

• Jennybird

1 month ago

Tracy- Thank you for your suggestion. I'm definetly gonna do that if I slip off the path again :)

• peggysue

1 month ago

Rule 1: don't beat yourself up

rule 2 don't beat yourself up rule 3...you get the idea..

Organic carrots are going to fix you right up Jennybird! Be thankful that they are sitting down there at the farmers market just waiting for you :D

• Hannah K.

1 month ago

Day 2 of Juicing - I have mild headache and brain fog but I lost 2 pounds on Day 1 which is great. I am determined to complete 40 days on the juice fast.

• Jennybird

1 month ago

You;re gonna feel great in a few days. Hang in there! You are on the right path :)

• Yeager

1 month ago

I went to the Scout store to try on some new pants for Jambo. They had 3XL and XL. Nothing in between. Hmmm, 2XL would be ideal I thought, but we can try the XL. Probably won't fit. Imagine my surprise when I put on the XL and they were loose. Not loose enough for Large, but loose. That was a surprise. Needless to say, I got the XL pants. It feels somewhat strange to be using XL pants and to know that i have to use undies that are 10 inches less than what I started the year wearing. This feels strange in some ways but great in other ways. I made a Mean Green this morning and the body instantly recognized it. It was a joyful experience to grab it this morning. High nutrition here we come! Feel so much better feeding my body what it deserves and needs.

CU@Healthy!

Rick

• Tumbleweed

1 month ago

wow Yeager! That is great success!

• peggysue

1 month ago

happy for you Yeager! you deserve it!

body instantly recognized it" like that very much!

• aliwali04

1 month ago

That is such a great feeling! Congrats!

• LS

1 month ago

Day 10. It has been going well, stumbling blocks like everyone has. My clothes fit better which is a good motivator! I'll be glad when they are too big.

• Yeager

1 month ago

It is an amazing thing when we drop sizes. It feels great to realize how much you drop sizes.

CU@Healthy!

Rick

• christy.n.collins.5

1 month ago

On my 6 day of Jucing. Just got done walking on treadmill for minutes. Been having hard time sleeping. I have hard time relaxing.

• LS

1 month ago

Great job! I've had trouble sleeping as well. But that's normal for me.

• Tumbleweed

1 month ago

I always have a hard time sleeping on fasts. I can fall asleep pretty easily, but I wake up way too early, even if I'm still tired. Dr. Jason Fung (intensivedietarymanagement.com & youtube) says that the body will increase adrenaline & other hormones during a fast as a way to help you find food (like hunter/gatherer stuff, gotta be alert to hunt). I figure that's why I sleep less.

• aliwali04

1 month ago

hey all made it 20 days on juice only and 29 pounds down. Got a bad toothache and the antibiotics were making me sick so I started a modified just ate some raw veggies no dressings or anything. I was feeling sad about it but actually I feel good still and my body is not craving "bad" food so I will continue a modified for the remaining 9 days or longer. Once I can stop the antibiotics I may even go back to straight juice. So Juice on :)

• Tracy

1 month ago

Wow, you are doing so great!!! Keep being good to yourself like you are! Sounds perfect.

• Yeager

1 month ago

Awesome stuff! Way to make good choices.

CU@Healthy!

Rick

• peggysue

1 month ago

holy smokes aliwali!

• Tumbleweed

1 month ago

Hi folks, It's day 6 for me. Wow, it just hit me that I'm almost done with 1 week! Nice! I'm feeling good, hunger is diminishing. I'm pretty determined to see this one through for 40 days & am hopeful that I will feel much better by the end of it. I'm doing this one a bit differently from the other ones. I'm mixing in some water fasting with the juice fasting. I'm finding that it is completely helping my perspective. I'm a pretty busy gal, I homeschool 2 boys, take care of a farm & cook for my family, so sometimes I'm just too worn out to stand in the kitchen for another 1+ hour to make some juice. On very busy days when I'm exhausted from daily life, I can peacefully accept that this is a water fast day. In past JF, I would feel like I 'had' to make my juice or I'd feel like throwing in the towel because it's much simpler to eat than to juice when there's already a good meal prepared for the family. My last 2 JF ended short because I didn't have the time to juice, but adding in water fasts completely solves that problem!

Hope everyone has a successful day!

• LS

1 month ago

I hope it goes well. Let me know how you feel, don't get too weak.

• Yeager

1 month ago

Why not make some more juices and store them in the fridge? I use Mason jars and the plastic lids for that.

CU@Healthy!

Rick

• Tracy

1 month ago

Day 12. Hanging in and feeling good. Good luck with that healthy eating/drinking everybody!

• MariaDK

1 month ago

Likewise:)

• Yeager

1 month ago

Phase 4 - Eating Phase

Well, I am back from Summer Camp. The food was sub par even for Camp food. Nutritionally, it was abysmally poor. Lunch and dinner I supplemented it with the mini salad bars. Lettuce, onions, cherry tomatoes and ignored the bacon bits everyday they offered. I opted for the granola, apples and fruits when I could get them. The Scouts looked at me in disbelief when I was asking for another serving of the veggies. After all, the salads were dwarfing the small amounts of food they were serving. On top of this, I was hiking 8-10 miles per day with ease. By the end of the week, I could tell that my fitness was up, but the nutrition was way down. Carb loading anybody? Yep, that is what they were serving. Still, it was good to get back home to get back to my veggies. So looking forward to going to the grocery store today to get veggies to make my juices. 1 day at a time.

It was an active week which is AWESOME! Got to see some deer within 8 feet of me walking. Even did the Polar Bear Swim at 6:30 a.m. The other adults thought I was nuts. Chuckle. The wife had a good laugh and slept in a little later. Now, I want to go on a long walk today. Need the cardio.

CU@Healthy!

Rick

• peggysue

1 month ago

Yaeger, 8-10 miles a day !!!! happy for you!

Email Newsletter:

Our weekly newsletter is packed with special messages from Joe, exclusive recipes, giveaways, and more!

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.