Join the Sunshine Clubbe - Open to all - Starting anytime!!!

Post On Group Wall

Group Wall

• peggysue

5 days ago

Juice Wed - 1 Lb CJ (carrot juice) (+ginger, sweet potato, TJ (tomato juice) 2x lemons & cayenne PLUS 1x super food smoothie was sufficient - - and easy on the budget

I know that if I slammed down almost a gallon of juice every day that the reboot would speed up and totally amplify.. but there's that pesky budget thing that prevents it.. but that's okay. because I wasn't weak or tempted.. the routine is my friend..

Added exercise this week to the routine - walking evenings - up to a sweat.. climbing stairs..increasing as much as possible each day. it's free and the sun is out.. I think that's a good place to start on my couch potato body... and it's not a chore..

Our cells are being cleaned and rebuilt. So just knowing that is enough for me right now. Don't own a scale but I think I need to lose about 40-45 Lbs.. to be healthy..

WE ARE TRYING! (Happily)

PS

• MariaDK

4 days ago

Yes, we most certainly are trying:)

• MariaDK

5 days ago

Hi everyone.

So, it's day 15 for me and I'm down exactly 15 pounds! I'm pretty excited about that. And the best part is how much better I'm feeling. My energy level is steadily improving, and I've started looking into yoga. I used to do yoga years ago, and actually really loved it, so I think I'll have another go at it:)

Still have a long way to go (I'll be doing another 50 days this time around, have a three week break, and then start up again for another 60 days or so), but I'm feeling really good about this entire juice faste, and for the first time in my 36 years I feel in control of my body and weight, and confident that I can actually do this. It's a brand new feeling for me, but definitely not an unwelcome one:) The evenings can be a little challenging, though. Anyone else have that problem and what do you do?

Happy juicing everyone!

/Maria

• peggysue

5 days ago

wowie, wonderful

yes it's tough at night.. keep busy .. I just started walking so that helps

• Elias Fenn

6 days ago

Hey everyone, so good to see your posts and all that JUICE!!! :)

• Yeager

6 days ago

Day 50 of Phase 3

258 lbs

Sinking to new lows

It is the bottom of the 9th of this Phase and a new low has appeared. 3 pounds to the Century mark. It feels odd that I am at this new low. I am seeing more of myself reappearing. My ribs, my collarbone, my hips are showing up. One of these days, I might be fully in focus instead of fuzzed out by fat. Is it worth the effort? Oh YEAH! Will I achieve 248 this time? Nope. I am Great with that. This is where I need to be and the stomach is really pulling in from the front now. That is awesome. I compare to being in a cocoon and turning from a worm to a butterfly. Though not exactly a masculine image, it is an apt comparison. Chuckle.

Went to Walmart yesterday and got the chopper/slicer/salad spinner gizmo. Oh yeah, that worked out well. The pickle table never ran out of ingredients. My Boy Scouts were eating the cucumber slices like candy. I do have left over bananas after the chips are curing right now. So much fun. The boys will each get to take some home tonight. I spent time last night creating 2 trays of chips for the Dens that did not get to do it the first day. The joys of being the Camp Director. Just remember, I am in charge, which way did they go?!?

The fried chicken in the truck last night was driving me quietly nuts. The hush puppies were ok, but the coleslaw smelled great. Folks always ask me how I can not eat with food like that hanging around. The answer? I want the better life that juicing brings. My son caught a fish last night. It was a small Brim. He wanted to filet it and cook it. Oookkayyy. So we filleted it and cooked it. He liked it, but the cat loved it! Sniff, CHOMP! Ok, I had a new best friend. LOL.

So, what to do? Keep on truckin'! That is what you do. It isn't sexy the mundane, everyday routine that drives our weight loss and health. Sexy is the reward that comes from that effort. Healthy is sexy!

CU@Healthy!

Rick

• peggysue

5 days ago

Ha ha! you are having fun doing the reboot ! Seems like you got the idea :D

There are a lot more good things happening to you than losing weight.

ps

• MariaDK

5 days ago

Any chance you wouldn't mind sharing the recipe for the banana chips?

• Yeager

5 days ago

Sure. It is simple. I cut up the bananas into 1/8 - 1/4" slices. Dip them in pineapple juice. Lemon juice is traditional, but it pulls the flavor too much for me. 135F for 9 hours in the dehydrator. That's it. Simple and easy.

CU@Healthy!

Rick

• MariaDK

4 days ago

Thanks for the recipe, Rick!

• peggysue

6 days ago

Thanks Rick Yaeger, it's very good to know that purchasing my little veggie chopper went on to be beneficial to you all !!!

ps

• peggysue

6 days ago

More on my Reboot Plan:

TUE Yesterday on the menu:

Salad with greens, zucchini, radishes and red onion and bottled cilantro yogurt dressing

Smoothie with frozen banana & blueberries, Vit C, spirulina, AJ (apple juice) & flax seeds

Small Quinoa & Veg salad with oil

Scrambled the remaining zuke & onion w/an egg in unsalted butter

Weekdays, M-W-F I'm committed to juice or water fast,

T-Th mostly raw F&V (fruit & veggies).

Weekends, cooked or baked veggie dishes or a veggie samich

***This routine is easy on my fragile physiological emotional make-up and is structured to get me in the groove for longer term juicing and breaking. A routine makes discipline easier and vice versa.

Ya know, I mean a positive routine that builds good things. Stuff like that.

PS

• peggysue

1 week ago

Yaeger, just be careful with the chopper since there's kids around, k?

• Yeager

6 days ago

It worked out great. The older Boy Scouts who are helping out had a blast with it. So did some of the Moms. The pickles were made and the banana chips were put into the dehydrator. All good stuff.

CU@Healthy!

Rick

• Sunshine

1 week ago

Cheers everyone...

• Jennybird

1 week ago

Cheers! Got my green juice raised up. haha :)

• Yeager

1 week ago

Day 49 of Phase 3

259 lbs.

6/20/2017

Cub Scout Twilight Camp started. It was a Zoo! Lots to do and lots to get going. Once I got the volunteers going, it ran pretty smoothly. The Volunteers are doing a great job. The kids learned about dehydrated banana chips, how to make refrigerator pickles, trail mix at the the Preserve the Harvest station. Notice the veggies and fruit? They didn't. *Grin* Onwards and upwards. Saturday is Break the Fast day. I was hoping for more weight loss, but the inches have been moving around. I am pretty satisfied with getting into the 250s. I may still make the Century mark this fast. Normally after I hit a plateau like this, I drop weight like a rock. Very busy evenings. The parents have not yet caught on that I am not eating the food. I wonder how long that will last? Chuckle. They will figure it out eventually. Thank God I am juicing this week. With the stress of Camp, I need the energy. The kids are figuring out that I am about them having fun at the Camp. They are jumping on that bandwagon with GUSTO! Nutrition wise, I am doing pretty great. Meal timing, the evening juice was around midnight. Not conducive to weight loss. I think I will get some juices for tonight during camp. That will get them in and do it early enough. Slept like a rock last night.

CU@Healthy!

Rick

- See more at: http://community.rebootwithjoe.com/discussions/topic/fat-man-falling?p=24#sthash.kbQZP9I0.dpuf

• MariaDK

6 days ago

Found myself chuckling at your remark about "Thank God I'm juicing this week...I need the energy". Three weeks ago I would have sworn that the two were mutually exclusive, but now I know exactly what you mean! Have a fun at camp and a great summer to everyone!

Maria

• marky

1 week ago

New to the group just saying hello

Email Newsletter:

Our weekly newsletter is packed with special messages from Joe, exclusive recipes, giveaways, and more!

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.