Join the Sunshine Clubbe - Open to all - Starting anytime!!!

Post On Group Wall

Group Wall

• peggysue

2 days ago

Sunday finished the off-of-juicing weekend with sweet potato casserole with pistachios.. I was looking forward to it all week, but it wasn't that exciting after all.. did the 2-1/4 mi walk and 30 steps. The walk was the best part of the day. working up a sweat is fueling my encouragement to stay with the program at the same time discouraging temptation for no-no's. This is a pleasant re-discovery.

Today is water fast Monday.. with acv.. going for a gallon and hot tea at night.

ps

• Jennybird

2 days ago

I *love* apple cider vinegar! It does such wonders. Sounds like your kicking you know what on your plan. Brava!

• aliwali04

2 days ago

Day 8 made it through the weekend and closer to the 240s. Starting this week at 251.2. I also joined a bootcamp starting tomorrow. I think I should be fine without adding protein to my juices since I have so much energy but I will need to make an extra juice those days so I can make up for the exersise. Does anyone in the group excersise and juice too?

• peggysue

2 days ago

Brave.. bootcamp. I think you have to just try the exercise and juice and find your own level of exertion. You might have to be near a bathroom!

• aliwali04

2 days ago

lol peggysue I am going to see how it goes. I think I should be ok since I have so much energy and need somewhere to burn it. I sit down most of the day at work.

• Jennybird

2 days ago

Hiya Ali, keep us posted on how it goes. I'm curious and want to learn. I am starting walking and also using a trampoline in my studio this week. Bootcamp sounds fun to me. Never tried it.

• aliwali04

1 day ago

Jenny, Tonight is the night lol I will let you know how it goes. I upped my juice today to make sure I will be ok :)

• Jennybird

3 days ago

Hi everyone! I'm feeling proud of myself for resisting temptation at the pride parade this weekend. So many food vendors with wonderful smelling cooking food. But I resisted and had my juices and water with me in my trusty cooler lunch bag! Yey!! Just made 3 big batches of juice for the next few days and some tastey cucumber mint water::

• peggysue

3 days ago

Good thing to keep busy. Before I knew it it became too late and was too tired to cook on my Satur-eat-day so I just had avocados & a couple of baked potatoes with all the acoutrements.. just to keep the routine on track to keep the rhythm of the routine going and keep me from derailing down the line, if you know what I'm trying to say.

Saturday is my.. as Reboot Joe calls it... "wild side of town" .. day.. The idea is

WALKING: I went to a new-found stadium / track and walked 2-1/4 miles and climbed 30 steps in the sunshine.. there's a good chance that this contributed to my lack of desire to cook and eat.. I don't mean to make anyone jealous of that... believe me, 'cause I'm a gal that can put it away! But I don't care to question something that is good ..that would distract me from the enjoyment.. So, I will return to the track this afternoon and see how I feel afterwards.

The best thing is that my faith has strengthened.

ps

• Elias Fenn

4 days ago

I'm traveling with the family, but doing well staying with my food plan. It's hard for me to stay with a plan - maybe the biggest understatement of my LIFE. I've made 1000 "resolutions" only to break them 1000 times. What I can say is that my nutrition plans have gotten healthier and I suppose I'm staying with them more than I used to. Overall, that "imperfect" progress has amounted to a better feeling about myself and a better feeling about my overall chances for a healthy life. So grateful to this Sunshine Clubbe - peace and blessings...

• MariaDK

3 days ago

Elias, we all stumble and it's okay. The important bit is what we do with ourselves after we've stumbled? And it sounds like you're on the right track. You keep trying and you're feeling better about yourself. That's half the battle won already:)

Best of luck!

• peggysue

3 days ago

I like your intro from when you started this Elias. We know you are becoming just like that doggie in your picture!
    :)

• Yeager

2 days ago

Keep Failing Forward, Elias!

You keep getting healthier because you do.

CU@Healthy!

Rick

• aliwali04

4 days ago

Day 6. Friday was tough since I forgot my juice at home. I drank coco warer to hold me over at work and then wholefoods saved the day on my break. Bought a juice for today too so i could be lazy today. Decided to avoid being social. A friend invited me to a waterpark but I am honestly not ready so I will wait until I am. I already had to endure my sons 2 year old birthday without eating cake on day 2 lol that was torture enough.

• MariaDK

4 days ago

Nothing wrong with letting people miss you a little bit until you feel more secure with juicing;)

Keep up the good work

• peggysue

4 days ago

Yaeger, I have an 8005 which is about 10 years old. The noise of a loud juicer was a HUGE turn-off for me. Also another biggie is that it's easy to clean and there are no blades with which to be careful when handling / washing. When turning one's health in the right direction, things need to be as simple and something to look forward to. Later I found out that the masticating produces more juice which is also economical.

The investment was about $240 total at the time.

I think it also makes pasta or something else.. I have to look that up.

Finally, the Omega juices wheatgrass which is very important. Back in the old days people would buy a wheatgrass juicer that was almost bigger than the kitchen counter..and, some health stores charge $2-3 for a shot of it.

I think I've covered it all for you all.

ps

• Yeager

2 days ago

Yeah, you change out the screen to the blank and you can make the nut butters and pasta. Useful for those of us who make our own. It is interesting that both of us got ours for very similar reasons. That Omega series is built like a tank and like you say, easy to clean up!

CU@Healthy!

Rick

• Jennybird

5 days ago

Well, I made it through my first week. It was a rocky start. I got flu-like symptoms and weakness the first 3-4 days. I was really really sick. Repressed grief came bubbling up out of nowhere in awkward situations- I had to make time to figure out what that was. Turns out I realize I tend to be protective "Momma bird"- I have lost an important person to cancer in December that was my second mom when I was growing up. The earth shook in my world, but I have a tendency to poker face through tragic situations in order to "be strong" and "be a comfort" to others-especially family. I have a hard time crying -even and especially when my heart is just dying inside. -So grief came up. It was overwhelming. I cried hard like it just happened. It hit me out of no where. It was also wonderful to be able to finally let myself feel and let it come out. I wish I could cry easily. I envy those who can.

I see that i'm not the only one who has been having nightmares about food. I dreamed I binged on anything and everything in sight. It felt so real. My conscience was yelling "No! No! Please stop!" But I just kept eating. I woke up very relieved that it was just a dream. Upon reflection, I realize I was eating my feelings, my grief. I definetly have an emotional eating problem. Something i'm lucky this fast will help me investigate on my fasting journey. I look forward to learning more about what's up with that.

This week has been hard, but very worth it. My energy has changed now. It's back up- better than ever. I'm more productive. My cough is still present but has significantly decreased. Acid reflux no longer is bothering or waking me up in the middle of the night. I don't feel a need to take the medicine for it now. I sleep more deeply. Still take awhile to fall asleep though.

Oh! And I found these wonderful airtight glass pitchers on amazon that i've been filling with distilled water, lemon, and fresh mint so I have tasty water to drink all day. It really makes me want to drink lots of water- thought others might like to try that. Well, juice on, everyone! I am grateful you all are here and that there is this site to give support to each other. Hope your Friday is happy and healthy.

• peggysue

4 days ago

You are really blessed to want to be aware.

Good to get sick and let the toxins wash out along with emotions that nest within them.

PS :) you know, chopping onions and horseradish can help you cry .. seriously!

• Jennybird

4 days ago

Peggysue, Thank you for your words. You are so right about being blessed to want to be aware. I don't take it for granted. and I think i'm really gonna try and chop some onions- hahaha! That got me laughing :) Have a beautiful day

• aliwali04

4 days ago

Those nightmares are the worst lol mine was about burger king and i just keot eating the fries crying. Lol im on day 6 we got this. How long u going for?

• Yeager

5 days ago

Day 52 of Phase 3

256 lbs

99 lbs released

Well, I was hoping that I would hit the Century mark today, alas, it was not to be. 0.3 lb away. Chuckle. I am good with it. This is a far cry from where I was in 2015 or February of this year. I have not been down this low in over 20 years. To be quite blunt, I don't know when I was this weight except that I was dating my wife back then whenever that was. It is so strange a feeling to know that I am here now. Yet, it is with grim determination that I will have to lose the rest of it. 60+ more pounds to go. There is a sobering thought. Phase 5 was already planned. Phase 7 is the one that was tentative. Saturday is when I start eating again. My friends who know me are in disbelief with what they are seeing. That is good. I am living it and still don't believe it. 2 miles a night of walking and it adds up.

Last night, I clued in my Cub Scouts as to how much I had lost. The adults were shocked to their core. Remember that some of these folks have seen me at 355+. When they see the picture is when they do double takes. Ultimate Goal? Lose 165 lbs. Only thing is I have to be careful with saying that because some folks would assume I was trying to lose my wife. Actually, I am trying to be the husband I should be. She may have married me at 285 but she met me at 225. Huge difference. Even then, I was struggling with my weight and had not found juicing.

So what has this journey done for me? Lowered my blood pressure and weight. Made me healthier. Educated me on my food choices. No longer do I hide from the blood pressure machine. When I am tired, I exercise. Step by step, one juice, one good decision at a time. Hard to see it at the beginning or the middle, but you will see it at the end. This journey is healing so many levels it is hard to understand. Shunned told me that there would come a time when reintroduction to your new image would happen. Now it is. Thanks Shunned! This is a year of rebirth and renewal. So glad the plan was laid out before now. The trap is already here. Wow, I look great! I can stop here because I am thinner looking than the other guys. Uh-huh, right. Keeping up with the mythical Joneses. Guess what? There is a better me waiting somewhere in that mirror in the bathroom. Got to keep losing the fat to bring that one into focus. How great is it going to feel to be able to say I am the 220s, 210s. 200s and then be able to say Onederland! That journey is still ahead of me. One pearl of wisdom that I can pass on is to be kind to yourself and Reward yourself for you successes. Do not attach emotion to the old failures. You know what you should like for your ideal self.

To quote Coolio and Tupac, "I'll see you when you there".

CU@Healthy!

Rick

• Jennybird

5 days ago

Wow! That's really inspiring. Congrats! "Do not attach emotion to old failures"-that's great advice.

• peggysue

4 days ago

You are a very very good husband Rick.

btw, your image isn't new.. it's the original! Thanks for the inspiration.

• peggysue

5 days ago

JUICE DAY

okay, today Friday I just made 44oz juice equaling: 3 Lb carrot, ginger, 2 (organic since it's on the "Dirty 10" or whatever it's called) green pepper, plus 2 lemon, 4 radishes and 1 whole pineapple which I doubt is organic since it was only $1.49. And I pounded the whole thing down.

Frankly I had to juice early and quickly since the trashman was coming today and I had to get the pulp in the trash! So, added incentive there.

Always sprinkle high quality / unit cayenne in juice since it's like "Raid" to parasites and all bad things.

JUICER INFO

I have an Omega juicer which is so quiet.. lately the pulp has been sticking in in the barrel. I replaced the screw nut or whatever it's called and it worked fine. I think that the old nut had a worn gasket.. fyi to those with an Omega. It's so quiet and I'm told that it extracts more juice than a centrifugal (sp?). So I recommend highly.

it's so cute like a little dinosaur or aardvaark.. :)

• Yeager

5 days ago

Did you get the 8006 or the 900? I have been using the 8006 and it does extract more than the centrifugal juicers. How do I know? I have both. There are tricks to using the centrifugal juicers for greens. The masticating juicers make a better tasting juice in my opinion. The color is richer and deeper with the masticating as well. Is it worth buying another juicer? Nope. I have given away most of my centrifugals. The Lalanne, my smaller travel one have both found new homes. The Breville is on loan right now along with my vertical Omega. My bread and butter juicer is the 8006.

CU@Healthy!

Rick

Email Newsletter:

Our weekly newsletter is packed with special messages from Joe, exclusive recipes, giveaways, and more!

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.