Join the Sunshine Clubbe - Open to all - Starting anytime!!!

Post On Group Wall

Group Wall

• Sunshine

56 minutes ago

Stress-filled days for me here mentally. Food has been bad for last couple of days!!!

Sick of going back to bad food choices...put on weight....make good food choices....lose weight...and put on again....and lose again....I mean seriously...............................this just can't go on and on in circles. Or can it?!?!

• restoredhealth7

20 minutes ago

Hang in there Sunshine. I think we all can agree and understand that we can relate to what you were saying. Its about lifestyle change...and for me personally learning to stop associating my bad emotions to eating the wrong foods. Tomorrow is a new day!!

• SMB123

1 hour ago

Hi all ! Started yesterday . Thinking about doing 16 days for sure and possibly up to 30. Lets see how it goes but so far doing great! Best of luck to everyone on their journey to a healthier you!

• Elias Fenn

1 hour ago

So glad to see you SMB :) Let's work towards a healthier life!

• Elias Fenn

2 hours ago

Hello, thanks for the encouraging words and messages as it made yesterday easier. The thing about continuing to have good nutrition is that you have to CARE enough to actually do it. I find that I can know all the right answers, but slip lazily into a place where I just don't give a f***. I think that is what separates my good days from the bad. Good days is when I actually care about myself. Bad days is when I just don't care enough to do something positive. Day 2 here we go!

• Terry

3 hours ago

HEY JOE CROSS - I just finished one of the 30 Day Guided Reboots and lost around 60 lbs. I am very happy with the results so far, but I still have quite a way to go.

I have joined the groups "Say Goodbye to 100 lbs or More" and the "Sunshine Club" and one recurring theme I read is the fact that a lot of people "add it back" then get back up and lose it again only to "add it back" once more. Definitely shows determination and courage on their part, but surely with all of the information you have gathered from all of the Rebooters out there, you can piece together a "program" to help people keep it off. I can tell you from my limited experience with the 30-Day Guided Reboot that there were a few things that helped keep me going:

1. The weekly webinars: I did not want to cheat before I got on a webinar with other people.

2. The nutritionist: The "technical" information gave me something to think about and consider during the week that kept my "food intake" front and center in my mind.

3. The group dynamic: Doing it with a group helps. However, I am not a natural "poster" and it still seems a little impersonal.

4. Shopping & Preparation: Again, the activity kept my "diet" front and center in my mind. 30 days is not enough to develop a new habit, so constantly thinking about what I had to do keeps me from unconsciously reaching for something bad for me.

I am sure there are other scientific ways to make this happen and help people build new healthy habits. I get very upset when I hear about someone who successfully makes it through a difficult program like Reboot or any other program like it and then fall back into old habits. You said it yourself, the HARD part is keeping it off. An extended transition and ongoing program until people could ingrain new habits would be very helpful and from a business perspective would result in recurring revenue from a lot of people who think highly of your brand. Maybe a tie in with Weight Watchers (including Oprah) or with one of the food service companies (e.g. Blue Apron). Or better yet, creating groups better than these on your own. If you want, I would be happy to do a trial for you in the Atlanta area.

I am one of those people I have described who has a problem with my weight. I have advanced degrees, have traveled the world, run triathlons, have worked with some of the top companies in the world and still cannot control my own body. This is just a shot in the dark, but from what I am reading in the posts and have seen in life, something like I described above, assuming it is successful, is not only needed, but would be a major godsend.

Taking a shot in the dark,

Terry

• ShonQ

16 hours ago

I've had to be around food all day and I wasn't even hungry but I still had the urge to eat. I manage to prepare dinner and I exited the kitchen so fast after doing so. Just to avoid the temptation. I hate this!!! But I am noticing that I am learning to appreciate food for what it is. Cell food, a fuel not something to binge on and fill myself up then feel crappy and guilty later. SO I'm gonna resist the urge and continue to work though my emotions and plan my maintenance program while I'm at it.

• Robin

14 hours ago

Sounds good Shon, and I laughed at "exiting the kitchen so fast" comment. Looking at food as cell food is a good way to look at it.

• Terry

3 hours ago

Hi ShonQ - I cook breakfast for my kids and dinner for the family about 2-3 times a week. Normal stuff, but after about 30 days on the juice fast, I can tell you that it doesn't appeal to me anymore. My one weakness is the grilled chicken salad at Houston's Restaurant in Atlanta. Other than that, I have lost my appetite and the kitchen is just a place to get things done. Hang in there.

• Gr8Greens

22 hours ago

Hello, over the last 2 years I juiced for 14 days straight then green smoothies in the morning. Lost 40lbs, then gained it back. Went from eating everything to eating a whole food plant based diet. Lost 50 lbs, gained it back. Then stayed vegetarian until now. What I've learned is it's all about SUSTAINABILITY. This is a journey that I continue to learn from. I'm using juicing to help fast track me to a sustainable way of eating. I hope we all find the answers we are seeking.

• restoredhealth7

21 hours ago
    Very well said! For now I'm focusing on the weightloss journey... and will worry about maintenance when I get there. It's always going to be something I work on and must change my eating lifestyle. Keep at it !
  • Shane

18 hours ago

I'm reading a book that was recommended by another member here. It's "The Beck Diet Solution" by Judith Beck. It's not about following a specific diet but about changing our habits and way of thinking so we can lose weight and maintain the weight loss. I've yo-yoed in the past and I really want to figure out how to maintain what I lost from my reboot. She has a 6-week program where you address your sabotaging thoughts and/or behaviors and learn new healthy behaviors. I haven't finished the book or the 6-week program yet so I can't say if it works but just thought I'd mention it in case you find it helpful!

• Gr8Greens

17 hours ago

Thank you restoredhealth7 and Shane for your comments. The Judith Beck book sounds like what I need. I'll look for it :):):)

• Shane

17 hours ago

I got the Beck book out of the library to see if it was worth it. I did that with the Joe Cross books too. Ultimately I'm glad I didn't buy the Joe Cross books since they kind of repeated each other. I'm a big fan of not spending money on something if I don't need to. ;)

• Tony_E

1 day ago

Today I have arrived at my destination! Woo-Hoo! Where is the place? It's a place where I'm fighting for good health, making better choices, and vowing not to give up!

But here's the problem. I can leave this place in a split second - it's just a place that only exists in my mind. If I'm going to get to good health, get to a healthier weight (AND KEEP IT OFF) then the place I'm at today is the place I believe, for me, I will have to fight to stay at forever.

So at least for now, I feel like I'm in a good place. I'm still at WW, but I've gained ~5 pounds over the last 60 days - just having some binge issues now and then that are shooting my wheels off. I'm fighting it.

Hope you guys have a great week!

• restoredhealth7

22 hours ago

Hi Tony nice to see you on here. ! Cheers

• Robin

18 hours ago

Tony, I've missed you so was glad to see your smiling face here today. Keep fighting the good fight, we can do this!

• Elias Fenn

1 day ago

How long am I going to keep messing with food I can't handle? It's exhausting. I "give up for good" and make progress. Then I go back to making poor food choices and my weight goes up again. Then over and over. I hate it. This is what happened over the last 2-3 years...so, I lost 65 pounds - then I gained 19 pounds - then I lost 11 pounds - now I've gained 7 pounds - now I'm back to juice only starting today at Day 1. Net weight loss I'm down 50 pounds which I'm happy about, but I really am getting tired of doing the yo-yo thing. You would think that I would learn and just freaking stop eating things that make me gain weight. I'm mentally defective around food there is no doubt in the world about this. Anyone else have this sort of trouble?

• Tony_E

1 day ago

Elias - funny that I came out today to see this. So sorry, and yes, I thought that just today. At age 47, I've had 47 years of eating salty, sugary processed foods - couldn't I just say: "Enough. I've had enough of that, I've had a lifetime of that crap"
    Over the last 60 days, I'm up 5 pounds - and have been going to my weight watchers meetings, but it seems if I just lose control for two out of seven days, then I'm up 1/2 a pound or more. I think I do have a screw loose, but IF I am willing to get down 100 times after 99 falls, it seems that eventually, I will get "there", but there is no "there". I've determined that "there" is a place where I'm fighting it. If I'm fighting it, then I'm "there".

• Elias Fenn

1 day ago

Great seeing you Tony - some days are going to be like this. I have my juice ready so I'm going to try to stick to it.

• restoredhealth7

22 hours ago

I'm hoping this time around I'm better... nice to see you Elias. I always read about people losing the weight and then regaining it because go back to the same habits. We must just stick with it and form new habits. Pick yourself up and keep going !

• Robin

18 hours ago

Elias, I hear you, some days are so hard. But I have found, the more "good" days I can string together, the easier it gets. And I simply can NOT have my trigger foods in the house. I am powerless against them.

• Shane

17 hours ago

Hi Elias. You are not alone. Robin makes a good point: the more good days we have in a row, the easier it gets. I've been thinking of it like if I wanted to strengthen an arm muscle, I'd do exercises for my arm. So if I strengthen my mental resistance, then I'm strengthening my ability to withstand future binges or caving in to unhealthy foods. That's my theory at least. ;) I also can't have trigger foods in the house. Someone once asked me why I couldn't buy a pizza and only eat two slices. Um, because there's still the whole rest of the pizza calling my name! So my new theory is that if I want pizza as an occasional indulgence, I will go buy two slices and that's it. If I can do that without caving in to buying a whole pizza, then I will have strengthened my mental resistance muscle. I haven't put this theory to the test yet -- it's easier just to avoid all indulgence foods right now -- but I hope to learn to be able to eat healthy/normal portions of indulgence foods so when I do want the indulgence, I can have it and feel satisfied without eating the whole cake, pizza, pie, etc. I'll let you know when/if I get there!

• Tumbleweed

1 day ago

1 week done, yay!! I gained 2.5 lbs from yesterday, pretty lame. I'm going to try to not think about it too much. If tomorrow doesn't show a serious improvement, I'm going to have to avoid the scale for the next week. I usually find it a motivation when I see the numbers moving in a healthier direction, but it can be equally depressing if it doesn't move down. The 1st week was pretty exhausting. We're moving, so I do have a lot of stress, but I'm starting to feel more comfortable living in the box-labyrinth that has is my home. Yesterday I wasn't plagued with fatigue, so that was really nice, hopefully I'm past that. My face looks less bloated & my waist has certainly shrunk.

I hope everyone else is doing well!

• Shane

18 hours ago

Congrats on making it through the first week! The hardest part is behind you. Yes, try to avoid daily weighing. It is motivating when the number goes down, but it can also make you feel bad. Your energy should be a bit better this week than last week. Kudos to juicing while you're moving. I know they both take a lot of time and commitment!

• restoredhealth7

1 day ago

Hi group

Lastnight I was up later...don't think I juiced as much during the day, and I was pretty hungry. I caved in and ate a carrot and 2 pickles...obviously wanted the crunch. Im glad I made a healthy choice which is an improvement. Im not going to lie i would have rather grabbed chips or a sweet something. The scale still went down this morning a pound from yesterday.Im going to try not to weigh in until at least Wednesday,, or push it to Thursday.

Got my juice ready for the Monday...and looking forward to pressing on this week. Cheers to all !!

• Shane

18 hours ago

You reached for healthy choices! Your cravings should be getting less strong by now, right? By week 4 of my JO, I was craving portobello mushrooms and tomatoes. Now that I'm eating again, of course I want other yummy foods but I do feel like the JO helped reset my tastebuds. Hang in there and it'll happen for you too!

Email Newsletter:

Our weekly newsletter is packed with special messages from Joe, exclusive recipes, giveaways, and more!

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.