Join the Sunshine Clubbe - Open to all - Starting anytime!!!

Post On Group Wall

Group Wall

• DVDDIVA

1 hour ago

Well day one of my 3 day reboot is done. ( Thurs.Mar.23/17) I awoke a few minutes before 10:00 am. The first thing I did was remind myself to take in today's liquids at a rate that I was comfortable with. It was 5:30 PM when I got around to having LUNCH ! I thought how do people take in the liquids so fast? I would be like a beached whale if I followed some normal time frame to take the liquids. I made Joe's Mean Green recipe, but I must have done something wrong because it was vile. I could only drink 4 oz of it. When I tried some 2 days earlier it was fine. Today's batch had to be thrown out. I didn't know what to do because this was supposed to be the lunch and dinner meals. So I drank a 5.5 oz of V8 juice. The next liquid was supposed to be an afternoon snack of a drink called Sunrise that was also listed as breakfast. That liquid was NOT good for my body. It had beets which I dropped from 3 to 1 because a couple of days ago I tried it full strength ( 3 beets) and it gave me red urine. From the breakfast meal of Sunrise it was again giving me red urine and also coming from my backside which is still burning. Finally there was to be a desert but I didn't think I should drink it because it was mostly fruit so I drank another 8 oz glass of water. All told as of 10:25 PM I have drunk 88 oz of liquid. That's good I think. Side effects ? I almost nodded off twice. I have had 3 bowel movements and multiple urinations. I spent the day watching Martha Stewart cooking programs because I like watching someone who is good at what they do. I also smoked 2 cigs. ( damn).Lets see what the second day of the reboot brings. Have a good evening everyone.

• The New Me

1 hour ago

Day#23 of 60

• Kristen

5 hours ago

Day 7/20

Given away 4lbs.

BP 120/91 - still working on this

I think I might have lost track of days. My CC were stolen Monday and then we were working on getting my brother in rehab and my husband left today to be with his second brother with with cancer. We lost his father and eldest brother a year ago. Also, this is the anniversary of my mother passing away. Whew! I kept on juicing! And honestly I don't think I could have made it through all this if I weren't juicing. Juicing helps me sleep long and deeply and helps me not get that weird stressed out wired exhausted feeling. I have been sad and not able to stop crying from time to time and feeling very shakey about so many emotions. I called and saw a counselor and called my primary care doc bc I'm having chest pains related to anxiety (they already checked my heart). I say all this bc I'm thankful to be taking care of myself and not just imploding. I'm working hard. Walking in the cold and sunshine and crying. Feeling. I feel so thankful for juicing.

Heal my body, heal my mind. Heal my mind, heal my body.

• Sunshine

2 hours ago

Kristen you're rocking it!!! Juice on.....

• Yeager

2 hours ago

Kristen,

I am sorry to hear that all of this is coming about right now. Your are doing great making it through this difficult time and still taking care of yourself. Keep the great effort!

CU@Healthy!

Rick

• Robin

1 hour ago

Kristen, you are staying strong during a very difficult time and you should be proud. I like how you are realizing that feeding your body with healthy nutrients is helping you through this. Stay true!!

• Melly

4 minutes ago

Kristen, you're doing great. Not pushing the pain down with food is so hard but it's the best thing for your body. You're inspiring all of us. Hang in there!!!

• Brian

6 hours ago

Day 22 day. No cheating so far. I believe I am going to make it through another day of no cheating!! I have not been on the scales yet, but based on my starting weight last October of 295 ish, I am guessing I should be back in the 75 ish pound loss range. That feels good - but not as good as it feels for my size XL shirts to be too loose again. Some days are SUCH a struggle, 2 days ago I was ready to throw in the towel - and say what's the point? It is too hard... That day I had two cashews and one almond - that is the only day so far that I had a small slip. That day, my perfectionist mind tries to rationalize that since I have had three nuts, I might as well eat everything in the refrigerator - and possibly the refrigerator too. My wife and daughters had made and were enjoying freshly baked chocolate chip cookies that night - and I just wanted to eat them all. I almost had myself convinced to have one. Major problem is - if I have ONE, I will have six (or more). It is terrible how much of a fight this can be...

Today I have a much better attitude on life and not so grumpy. It is nice to read all your stories and see you all doing so well.

Sunshine - glad you are still at it... and Elias - you are strong and steady my friend.

• Shandolyn

6 hours ago

Brian, it is so good to see you here and you are doing so well!! Keep that bunny going!

• Sunshine

2 hours ago

Haha yes Brian....Elias and I are still at it ;)

Nice to see you Shan...your pretty face lights up the room!

• Yeager

2 hours ago

Brian, you nailed it. The idea is insidious as to how it leads you downhill. The slippery slope always the most dangerous. Way to not succumb.

CU@Healthy!

Rick

• Robin

1 hour ago

Good for you Brian! Hang in there. When are you planning to weigh, or even are you? The clothes fitting looser is the best feeling in the world!

• MaryMary

7 hours ago

Today is #5 and i've been crying ALL day. i feel so depressed, heartbroken, confused on what im doing with my life. Normally id run to food to numb these feelings, but im sitting here with my juice. i know i NEED this....but i need a lot of support right now, please. thank you.

• justlyn

7 hours ago

BIG (((HUGS))) coming your way!!! You're doing AMAZING!!! Day 5 already!!! Stay the course... look at you, you're conquering the reboot which gives you solid proof that you are strong enough to handle anything thrown your way!!! Go to bed if you can and if you have to until this passes... do some deep breathing and think about things that make you happy... get outside and take a walk. Just suggestions... I'm glad you reached out and I happened upon your post just now. You've got this!!! I'm here if you need to talk... you can always PM me as well :-)

• Sunshine

2 hours ago

Mary...think of all the good you are doing to your body...and mind. Think of the positive outcome. You could be sitting in a couch and digging into a bag of chips. But.......there you are...steadily holding on to your juice. Great going Mary. Keep it up!

• MaryMary

2 hours ago

thank you for the support. I needed to hear that. I sat outside in the sun. I didn't have much of an appetite for juice/water, so I drank what i could (only 32 oz of juice). Glad I didn't eat anything though. It's funny, bc it WOULD be an entire big bag of chips id be digging into and finishing off in one go.

• Yeager

2 hours ago

Big HUGSx2! 2 Thumbs UP, MaryMary. You got this. Food is a rubber crutch. It will let you down when you need it most.

CU@Healthy!

Rick

• Robin

1 hour ago

Oh Mary, so sorry you're sad. Big hug to you and just know we are all here for you. Good for you for sticking with the juice during this trying time!

• Melly

2 minutes ago

Hey Mary, exactly the same as Kristen I think - you have to learn to work through emotional pain instead of pushing it down with food. It's tough. You're doing amazing for sticking with it.

• Yeager

10 hours ago

Day 58

289 lbs.

49 lbs released

Mustang Sally! 289 was the first V-8 engine in the original Ford Mustang. Ah so close to going under another BMI number. I changed one thing last night...I drank 32 oz of water after my walk and before bed. This morning the scale moved. My XXL shirts are so loose I am swimming in them. I may yet get down to XL shirts again. Probably not in Phase 1, but definitely in Phase 3. Heck, let's dream BIG and go for Large size shirts!

My son has been wanting Subway for almost 2 weeks, so I got the gift card out and we went there. It gave me an excuse to grab some cukes and peppers from the grocery store. After dinner, my wife and I took a walk. She is starting to get faster. She was asking what my weight loss was and I told almost 50 lbs. Never did tell her what my current weight is. That will not happen unless she asks what it is. It keeps peace in the house. Let her be frustrated with me when I am down in the 230's. It will make a nice birthday gift for her to see me below 200 on her next birthday. She has never seen me below 200 ever. Just wait, she will tell me that I could lose a few more when I get there. Chuckle.

What am I feeling this close to the end of 60 days? Anxious. It'll be fine. Veggie wrap is on my radar. YUM! No oil!

CU@Healthy!

Rick

• Sunshine

2 hours ago

Rick I love to read your feelings about your wife....she's one lucky girl :)

• Robin

1 hour ago

Great Rick! Just fantastic to dip into the 80's!!

• Melly

2 minutes ago

80s land, Rick!!!!! Woohoo!!!

• Sunshine

10 hours ago

SUCESS!!! Yesterday was a great day. NO CHEATING AT ALL!! Wow I love these days :)

Peace and love everybody!

• Yeager

9 hours ago

R-E-S-P-E-C-T, that is what it is to me! Totally groovy, Sunshine! Keep up the great success!

CU@Healthy!

Rick

• Jolene Wise

11 hours ago

hi everyone,

its been a couple of weeks since my last post. I have decided to juice on, I was going to stop at 30 days and now on day 35. I really want to juice for a total of 60 days. Keep your fingers crossed!!

• Shane

10 hours ago

Go, Jolene, GO! That's awesome when everything falls into place and juicing just feels right instead of feeling uncomfortable and unpleasant. Take it week by week and all of a sudden before you know it you'll be at day 60!!

• Yeager

9 hours ago

Take it one day at a time. 60 will come. Count it down from here. You are 25 counting down to zero. Congrats on getting to 35. You have a big day coming up at 40. There is a mental/spiritual understanding that I found at 40. Be open to the possibility.

CU@Healthy!

Rick

• justlyn

7 hours ago

Such dedication!!! I admire people like you :-)

• Elias Fenn

12 hours ago

Life is going well - juice and food are going well. Sipping a decaf latte - no complaints as of yet.

• Melly

1 day ago

Day 35 :) binge-free and it's all good here in Hanoi. Actually got some good fruit and veg yesterday, broccoli and spinach, red cabbage, carrot and sweet potato for dinner with pesto sauce. Lots of energy, which I need today because another neighbor has died (I don't know them that side) and the pipes and drums went on till 11pm last night and started again at 5.30! 2 more days to go.... I'm getting on with a lot of organizing, and nearly finished :)

Good news from my friend who adopted the cats. She messaged me photos of them yesterday. Harlech, the big cat, is getting quite confident, Carwyn hid under the bed for 4 days but when she gave Harlech cat treats last night, there was a cross little meow because Carwyn wanted some too!!! She said he came out, had some treats, glared at her and dived back under the bed. I'm calling that a win :)

Photos of quilt will not upload. Will try to post from my phone...

• Elias Fenn

12 hours ago

Great to hear you're binge free, Melly. That is no guarantee for people like you and me! Today is going well so far - I have a decaf latte that I'm enjoying. Yes, a bit of milk, but a few indulgences makes some days bearable. Glad to hear your cats are doing better!

• Melly

11 hours ago

Cheers Elias - we have our sad/grumpy days and keep going, right?! :)

• Sunshine

11 hours ago

I am so happy to hear of your cats. And hey...what lovely names!!!

Email Newsletter:

Our weekly newsletter is packed with special messages from Joe, exclusive recipes, giveaways, and more!

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.