Join the Sunshine Clubbe - Open to all starting anytime!!! https://www.facebook.com/Sunshine-Clubbe-504310689693667/

Post On Group Wall

Group Wall

• Brian

12 hours ago

Well here goes... here is a very long over due update.... and for me to try and take stock and ownership of where I am.

I have been in a pretty bad spot food wise. Like a who give a crap mode. I am embarrassed to say that I have gained 35 pounds back from my low of 205. I feel like a failure in many ways. This morning I had the courage to get on the scales and it was 240. And this is actually down a few pounds from where I was. I want so bad to be fit an free from bondage from food. But one thing I am discovering - I am a true food addict. No big surprise or revelation for me - but I admitting it is somewhat hard. I know that I cannot eat food like many people can...

I don't know what exactly I am doing tomorrow, but today I am juice only. I have never stopped juicing, I juice for breakfast and lunch, but then after work I have something for supper - and can't seem to stop eating until the next morning. I have a terrible night time eating habit, which I stopped completely when I did my 60 plus day juice fast. Today will be day 4 of NO NIGHT EATING for me. I have to put some boundaries in my life, like no eating past a certain time etc. I have been learning the things I need to do - but implementing them is a whole other story.

I can across a couple pictures today, or when I was around 205 pounds. Man I like the way I looked. And the way I felt. And the way my clothes fit. When I started this journey back in October 2015 (it was 2015 right?) I was about 295 pounds. That was the heaviest I have ever been. I have looked at a few of picture of that weight - and I don't like it. And I don't like how I feel at that weight. And I don't like the blood pressure medication I need to take at the weight. It seems like it should be easy to motivate myself to persevere. But it has been an incredible struggle.

• RM

12 hours ago

Here is the picture I sneaked of you last night, while you were up sorting pictures. Good job for completing four whole days of NOT eating at night. I am so glad to hear that you are closing the kitchen at a reasonable hour. I am deeply proud of you for the soul searching you did today. I am also thrilled you posted here again too. It will help. .... Image result for no night time eating images

• sunnysmyle

20 hours ago

Good Morning my Juicy Fruits!! Well starting Day 7 today. My partner has been juicing with me, but he has decided that today will be his last day of juicing, so I am going to really need my juicing community to help me get through. I would love to do 60 Days because I can really feel my body healing itself! Thanks to everyone for your amazing insight and support.

• RM

19 hours ago

Stay strong Sunnysmyle. Your body will guide you, and it actually may be easier to complete the juice fast on your own. A big part of juicing is a solo journey, and now you will have all that time to focus just on you. I believe in you.

• Lucy

15 hours ago

It's really great that you want to stick with it. I say, keep with it as long as you feel good about it. You will definitely have the support of everyone here so good on you. :)

• Lucy

21 hours ago

Hi everyone. I just want to make an apology to you all over my post the other day re GMOs. I am in the minority of people who are very pro-GMO so any time I post something, it proves to be controversial and as I HATE drama of any kind, I'm not going to make any such posts in the future because I really do not wish to upset anyone. I can provide any sources for anyone who messages me privately but I am not going to do so here on the public forum because, as I said...it will only cause drama, which I would prefer to avoid.

I would also like to thank you all for being adults about it. Compared with past experiences I have had on the subject, you guys haven't behaved like children so that's a bonus. I just find that I get very stressed out over drama and avoid it at all costs.

JUICE ON ALL! :)

• RM

19 hours ago

Hey Lucy, thank you for your kind post. My experience with the Reboot with Joe support groups, is that they attract open minded people who are simply seeking optimum health. It is so nice to have a place to go without judgement, where you can lean on each other when needed for support and knowledge. Globally, nutritional information is updated almost everyday and sometimes today's information disagrees with yesterdays information. It can be so confusing, so sharing links to new studies or articles can be very helpful. Wishing everyone a healthy day.

• mothleg

18 hours ago

It does beg the question would Jesus eat GMO foods, and is he a republican or a democrat, and who is this holy ghost character, that's like three gods if your inclined that way? And whats up with pet milk, think on that for a sec, it could be anything? , And would you rather put your hands in somebody else's mouth or have them put theirs in yours?, people break different ways on that question big time and I'm just not sure which group to hate, cuz its tricky, you could get bitten or you could get germs in your mouth.

• RM

1 day ago

Has anyone juiced an eggplant? Do you have any juice recipes that include eggplant? It's Friday, and my refrigerator was low on produce this morning, so I used up an old eggplant sitting in there. I googled the Reboot with Joe website for recipes and all I could find was in the A to Z Produce Prep instructions. This is what it said: Eggplant: I’ve never juiced eggplant and I don’t think I ever will! I think eggplant is best for eating. I made one of my favorite juice recipes with lots of fresh pineapple and 12 cups of fresh baby greens (kale, chard, spinach), and then threw in the eggplant. I did peel the eggplant, because one article I read said that eggplant is in the nightshade family and most of the solanine toxin is in the skin. SO HOW DID IT TASTE? Not bad. I could barely taste it at all, so was able to make my low produce Friday juice with a new vegetable: EGGPLANT. I look forward to hearing your stories about eggplant.

Image result for eggplant images

• Robin

1 day ago

Wow! Eggplant! I never even considered it RM! Sounds like something I should try.

• RM

1 day ago

I know Robin. I have been juicing for over a year, and today was my first eggplant. I learn something new everyday.

• Elias Fenn

1 day ago

I get to skip exercise today because I've done it 7 days in a row - high energy zumba - high intensity interval training - I've been crushing it at the gym and today I get to rest. Rock on my juicing brothers and sisters.

• Trezzy

1 day ago

Hi Sunshine Club! I'm back! Returning until I reach my goal!

Last year I finished my 100 day reboot in May weighing around 170 after starting at 223. This week I started my reboot again with a starting weight of 187. Something in my brain clicked and I knew I had to begin again right away. First few days I wanted to focus on getting through the detox phase so today I begin with you on my Day 4! Current reboot goal is 60 days or until I reach my goal weight of 135.

I am so happy to see a lot of familiar faces! Your support has always been invaluable. Juice on!

• Elias Fenn

1 day ago

Welcome back, Trezzy. Great job making a new start. Stay strong!

• Robin

1 day ago

So happy to see you Trezzy! You've been missed.

• RM

1 day ago

Welcome Back Arizona Sister.... I missed you lots. You were my 2016 Juice Mentor, and a good one too. I know you will hit your 135 weight in no time. Juice On...............

• Brian

13 hours ago

Hello Tezzy! Nice to hear are still doing so fabulous at this!! Well done!!

• mompo

2 days ago

My husband was looking at a favorite book last night: The World's Healthiest Foods. He noted that in the last 11 days of juicing, we've been consistently consuming a bunch of the foods on their list! No wonder we feel so great!

Happy Weekend to you all!

• RM

1 day ago

Mompo, can you share a list of the World's Healthiest Foods? I googled the book, hoping to see an abbreviated version on Amazon but it did not show it. Is it similar to this Powerhouse Fruits & Vegetables list that the Center for Disease Control produced in 2014 (NIH Study, funded by the U.S. Federal Government) ?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/05/powerhous...

41 - POWERHOUSE FRUITS AND VEGETABLES, Food: Nutrient Density Score: Watercress: 100.00, Chinese cabbage 91.99, Chard: 89.27, Beet green: 87.08, Spinach: 86.43, Chicory: 73.36, Leaf lettuce: 70.73, Parsley: 65.59, Romaine lettuce: 63.48, Collard green: 62.49, Turnip green: 62.12, Mustard green: 61.39, Endive: 60.44, Chive: 54.80, Kale: 49.07, Dandelion green: 46.34, Red pepper: 41.26, Arugula: 37.65, Broccoli: 34.89, Pumpkin: 33.82, Brussels sprout: 32.23, Scallion: 27.35, Kohlrabi: 25.92, Cauliflower: 25.13, Cabbage: 24.51, Carrot: 22.60, Tomato: 20.37, Lemon: 18.72, Iceberg lettuce: 18.28, Strawberry: 17.59, Radish: 16.91, Winter squash (all varieties): 13.89, Orange: 12.91, Lime: 12.23, Grapefruit (pink and red): 11.64, Rutabaga: 11.58, Turnip: 11.43, Blackberry: 11.39, Leek: 10.69, Sweet potato: 10.51, Grapefruit (white): 10.47

• highcarbfrank

2 days ago

DAY 20

yesterday I was on a dance-training-for-parents. 2 hours dancing only!!!!! my 16 year old daughter has her graduation dance from her dance school. and I have to dance with her during the event: all fathers have to dance with their daughters and all mothers have to dance with their sons. so the dance school provides this dance-training-for-parents yesterday in the evening. tomorrow from 0600 pm to "open end" the graduation dance takes place. keep all your fingers crossed for me !!!! :-) :-) :-)

today I am in very good mood, all my senses are on top of the world and I am very "clear" at the moment!!!!

• Elias Fenn

1 day ago

Rockon, Frank. Sounds like a great time.

• OlegWest

2 days ago

Aloha Everybody!. How are you doing today? I am on my day 19 and it feels great. I watched "Forks over Knives" movie today. I love it and recommend it to everybody. It is available on Netflix. Best regards :)

• highcarbfrank

2 days ago

Aloha OlegWest! I am in best mood today! I am on day 20 and it feels great. I have "Forks over Knives" on DVD and I will watch it sometime in my reboot-time. Have a nice weekend!!!!

• Howzit70

2 days ago

Day 7. But not really. I'm eating one meal a day along with 64 oz juice. It's not a clean juice fast but so far it's working for me. I completed 20 day juice 3 years ago after I watch FSND for the first time, and one other last year. In the interim I've fell short on so many juice only fasts. However I continued on regardless. I was about to chock this fast up to another uncompleted try when I decided what would happen if I ate one meal and juice the remainder of the day. So for two days I've been eating a affordable lunch at a restaurant. Only produce for juicing in my home. Let's see where this takes me. I also walk 2 miles every evening. Sorry guys for not following the recommended fast. Btw I'm continuing on the day count. 7 days of my way. Juice on.

Howzit.

• RM

2 days ago
    You are following the HZ fast which is the best one for you. No need to apologize. Your way may help others too. Keep on your path.
  • Elias Fenn

1 day ago

I agree with RM - the best fast is the one that works for you. HZ Fast 2017 is an amazing path to a healthier life!

• Elias Fenn

1 day ago

My EFast 2017 is also incredible and makes me feel great! 96oz juice - veggie meal - protein powder - daily exercise - lots of tea!

Email Newsletter:

Our weekly newsletter is packed with special messages from Joe, exclusive recipes, giveaways, and more!

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.