Join the Sunshine Clubbe - Open to all - Starting anytime!!!

Post On Group Wall

Group Wall

• Elias Fenn

2 days ago

Wow....been a way a while. Today I'm doing reboot friendly foods. Last night I had my first juice in a month. Was delicious and made me realize how much I've been missing it. I did an alternative food plan for a while to lose weight - it worked well, but I gained some of it back. But today I'm back to veggies and fruit. I'll have a juice later in the day when I get home. I couldn't juice this morning because everyone was still asleep and juicing would have woken up the entire house!

• LS

4 days ago

I went to the mall, and even though the scales aren't moving, I'm down one size. So that was good motivation. I'm going to try and not weigh every day. We'll see how that goes. But I'm sticking to this. Juice on!

• Tracy

3 days ago

WTG! The mall is always a motivator bc it will show in your clothes even when it doesn't show on the scale. I also have two scales! Just picked up another along the way somehow. It is pretty interesting bc one will move when the other doesn't and vice versa. And one is always lower. So I use them to help with the mind games. The main thing is to not let the scale make you give up. This is for the long term.

• LS

5 days ago

I'm discouraged. This is day 14. I started at 192.5 on July 1st. On July 9th I weighed 185. This morning I weighed 189!!!! How? I have stuck to the plan! Has this happened to anyone else? I feel I can't lose no matter what. ????

• Tracy

5 days ago

That does sound very frustrating, LS. I don't know your background--male, female, height, age, etc. so I don't know how far you are from a healthy weight. There are so many variables that affect the scale--water weight, esp. for women with those fab menstrual cycles. Also, juice fasts can really slow the metabolism. That is why I supplement with avocado--it gives the body some healthy fat to keep things revving. Many people who are trying to make a big change in their diet and lifestyle don't even look at the scale--they just focus on making the healthy changes. For me, thinking about things like cancer and dementia keep me away from bad foods. And I also just want to feel healthier and smarter. The documentary Hungry for Change is really good in that what they advocate is just ADDING healthy foods into your diet. Eventually the healthy foods start to crowd out the bad foods. And then you don't even have to think about calories or weight or whatever. You just gradually start to move in a healthy direction. This is what I did years ago--stopped worrying about my weight and just started focusing on, "yuck--I don't want that artificial, processed, cancer and dementia-causing junk in my body." Please don't let the scale get you down. It is not about the scale; it is about your life. Do what you need to do to be really good to yourself.

• peggysue

2 days ago

Hi LS, one thing I find helpful (and I used to have a scale but not now) is to use jeans / pants etc as a scale. At least if they seem to fit better after a week and they should, that might encourage you!

• WorldWide

1 day ago

One other possibility other than an avocado, if you are doing juice only is a table spoon of Flax seed oil.

• Tracy

6 days ago

Hi gang. Well, I reached my goal weight of 112. I rebooted for 17 days--only juice and the occasional avocado. Lost 10-11 pounds (didn't weigh myself the first day, I didn't want to look.) This is my usual weight. Ideally, I wanted to get a few pounds under as a cushion, but I felt like this was long enough. I want to get back to my regular routine of exercise and coffee drinking! I don't lose weight very well when I exercise. The muscles hold too much water. So I do this to just get myself back into the zone. I'm going to stay on fruits, veggies, nuts, seeds, soy, and legumes (and olive oil) for my regular diet. After I feel more solid with this eating and with exercising I will allow myself the occasional treat. I have a hard time with treats because they can trigger a landslide. It is not so much a weight issue, but it is definitely some type of food addiction issue. I'd also like to say that a huge benefit with this latest reboot is noticing my mood. These foods, esp. the kale, really seem to elevate my mood. I did and want to continue looking at why I hide out with food sometimes--what is it that I'm trying to run away from? Why do I need to elevate my mood (so briefly) with some pig out? Anyway, thanks so much for everyone's work on themselves and for your encouragement. I really wish everyone happiness and health!

• peggysue

6 days ago

Thanks aliwali and jennyb for your suggestions. I will look into that since I do not have phone :/ :) !

• Jennybird

6 days ago

Peggy- We are rooting for you :)

• restoredhealth7

6 days ago

Hello group. Haven't been on in a while... I started juicing and eat ( a healthy meal) every other day. Sunday I started ... and this morning I weighed in and lost 4.5 lbs. So I'm going to keep at this.. basically jucing and when hungrier eat. Just listening to my body. Cheers !!

• Tracy

6 days ago

That sounds fantastic. I'm just winding up a reboot and I think that is how I'm going to transition out.

• restoredhealth7

6 days ago
    So as for this morning I lost 7lbs since Monday!!! I'm ecstatic... because I broke through my plateau and more !!!! . This seems to be working so I will keep at it. Cheers to all to good health and have a great weekend !
  • Tony_E

3 days ago

Hi RH!

• Tracy

1 week ago

I just realized that the "pure coconut water" I've been drinking has added sugar. Grrrrr. I hate processed food. You really have to read EVERY label. Don't they know that people who buy coconut water probably don't want added sugar? Now I know why I was feeling hungry after drinking it.... Gonna return the whole lot of it.

• aliwali04

1 week ago

Hi Friends,

So I have been doing my modified fast more on an intermittent fasting schedule while taking my meds. I gained 5 pounds and I am bummed about that but my diet is really impeccable. I been eating nothing but good foods no meats, no oils just veggies and fruit and beans. Ate grains 2 days so that may be it therefore I am cutting that out today. My antibiotics will be up soon so starting the 24th back to juice only for 10 days which will be right before my birthday. I am hoping that my weight is just my body adjusting and the numbers will start to go back down. Any tips are appreciated. Happy Juicing.

• Tracy

1 week ago

Yes, the body will gain back the water weight as soon as you start to add things beyond veggies and fruits (esp. grains). But if you're eating well I'm sure you did not gain any fat. This happens to everyone and is expected. You will see those water pounds go again quickly when you go back to just juice. Never let the scale get you down!! It is always about the bigger picture of eating and staying healthy. You are doing so great! Keep it up.

• peggysue

1 week ago

I have been so-so. The best thing is that I have been walking and increasing that.

Now my computer has a hard drive failure screen for the past few days.. I cannot afford to fix or get a new pc for a long time.. so if I don't post for a while.. you'll know.. I'll have to go to the library to do so .. well, maybe a miracle will happen with this..

• aliwali04

1 week ago

Awww peggy I use my phone sometimes to post too. I got my computer from Dell made payments it was one of the cheaper laptops but it has lasted 2 years try that

• Jennybird

6 days ago

Hope to see you stick around, Peggy. I understand the challenge of getting a new lap top. I got mine on HSN.com. They have special's often and payment plans. If it weren't for the payment plan I wouldn't have been able to get it.

• Tumbleweed

1 week ago

Hi folks,

I'm sharing my story in the hopes that it will help you or someone you love.

I have 2 tumors that have been steadily growing for the past 1.5 years. I HAVE BEEN ABLE TO SHRINK MY TUMORS IN HALF IN ONLY 4 MONTHS BY DRINKING 8 CUPS ORGANIC CARROT JUICE EVERY DAY (with occasional missed days from busy schedule). There are many testimonials in Ann Cameron's book "Curing Cancer with Carrots", as well as a lot of info on cancerisover.blogspot.com It is a game changer! I have not done chemo/radiation/drugs/surgery. The carrot juice is key & probably why Gerson therapy is so successful.

What didn't work:

I tried water only fasts @ 5-9 days long every month followed by organic low-carb. I did this for 4 months. (inspired by the work of Dr. Valter Longo) Result: tumors continued to grow.

Next I did 3 day water only fasts every week followed by organic ketogenic eating. I did this for 4 months. (inspired by the work of Dr. Thomas Seyfried's Metabolic Theory of Cancer). Result: tumors continued to grow.

Next I did a 38 day organic juice fast (mostly green veggies) followed by 3 months of organic GAPS diet (heavy in bone broth/soups/salads). Result: tumors continued to grow.

THIS WORKED:

Last, I drank 8 cups of organic carrot juice every day & ate my regular organic diet (with occasional missed days). I did this for 4 months. Result: TUMORS SHRANK IN HALF!!!

I juiced a 3 day supply at a time. I plan to do a 2 day supply for the next 6 months to speed things up. I didn't mix anything to the juice-no lemon, no ginger... because I didn't know if anything would counteract with the medicinal compounds. I think it is the FALCARINOL in the carrot- a natural compound that helps a carrot not rot during storage. Dr. Kristin Brandt in the UK did successful studies on falcarinol & rat tumors.

I hope this helps someone!

• Shandolyn

1 week ago

Thanks for sharing,Tumbleweed.......I am so happy for you! I've just read up on Ann Cameron and her carrots and found it all very interesting. I don't have cancer but I am always interested in natural ways of healing the body.

Take care, Shan

• Jennybird

1 week ago

Thank you! I really appreciate this. That is really good news. It must be a relief to see the carrots helping. Wishing you much healing.

• peggysue

1 week ago

THANK YOU !!!! Tumbleweed this is EXCELLENT information and SO thorough! Thank you for posting the guru doctors names too. You are wonderful. This should be posted on every group. We are proud and happy for you.

You have encouraged me. I don't think that there is anything good that carrots don't have.

PS

• Tumbleweed

1 week ago

Thank you everyone for all your kind words! I just wish more people knew about this, how many lives could be saved or avoid the risks of the conventional route? If cancer wasn't such a huge industry maybe everyone would know. And it's so simple & improves health rather than destroys it.

• WorldWide

1 day ago

Email Newsletter:

Our weekly newsletter is packed with special messages from Joe, exclusive recipes, giveaways, and more!

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.