Join the Sunshine Clubbe - Open to all - Starting anytime!!!

Post On Group Wall

Group Wall

• Yeager

1 hour ago

Day 25 of Phase 3

275 lbs.

8 pounds. That is the gap between my 100 day results and my current weight. No early celebration, no quitting because I am so close to the finish line. This is where the race truly begins. Consistent, measured effort is what gets us to the Finish Line. 25 pounds till 250. That is looking very doable. Consider this, what happens when I stay true the course and it doesn't make 250? Will I have failed? No, I will have succeeded! The same goes for you. As Joe would, Good on you for trying! Every journey starts with the first step, the first preparation, the first plan. It evolves as you drive, bike, walk, hike, fly. Think of it like you would a long trip in the car. What do you do when you hit a roadblock because of a rockslide? Do you just wait and fume on the main highway that will never move or open for your trip? No, you find an alternate route that is open and continue your journey. These are simple lessons that WE know. The main issue is that we don't always apply them to the rest of our lives. What lessons do you need to apply to your nutrition journey to help strengthen and achieve your goals?

CU@Healthy!

Rick

• kate.the.warrior

22 minutes ago

Fantastic, Rick! You'll make it.

• Freddie

12 hours ago

Good Evening SC,

Had life come at me sideways for the last two days, trying to keep up my posting commitment. I have been doing well on my Smoothie, Smoothie, Vegan Dinner plan. I wrapped up the JF at 181.0 lbs on Tuesday, went to 182.2 lbs on Wednesday, 183.4 lbs on Thursday and back to 182.2 lbs this morning. Body is still adjusting to solids at dinner time. I am keeping it very healthy, and keeping right on plan, so that is the good part. And the scale went back in the right direction. That is the 'even better' part :)

Going to continue with this for the foreseeable future. Hoping that I can find my way to my all time low by father's day, would be an awesome present to myself. That would be 4.6 lbs away with a little over 3 weeks to go. Should be VERY doable if I stay focused, keep evening snacking at bay, and find some time to exercise, even if it is moderate. its 1.5 lbs per week, I have achieved that many times on this plan in the past, so I am just going to buckle down, and keep my water at 3L+ per day.

I am feeling great and having some great healthy dinners, I'll share some of the really yummy ones here as I go along, so people can get post-reboot ideas stored up!

Stay Healthy Sunshine Clubbe!

• Joanne

2 hours ago

loved your update.. you sound like you are all over this plan ...whoop whoop!

• Yeager

2 hours ago

Keep on truckin'! I look forward to hearing your success!

CU@Healthy!

Rick

• Sunshine

1 day ago

Hey friends and fellow fighters ;)

Just a lot of s**t going on. Will be back soon. And I weighed myself this morning and saw another pound drop. I have no idea how. I guess it's all the stress. Or maybe I have actually started making good choices involuntarily. Who knows!!!!

I can see my dear friend Joanne. Sorry my schedule is killing me. Will read all your delightful posts later. In the meanwhile sending you cheer...and love...and peace!

• Joanne

1 day ago

Hi Sunshine..your thingy photo....you look amazing!. Sorry to hear life is upside down for you at the moment. Be kind to yourself x

• Freddie

12 hours ago

Great to see you Sunshine! Hope your life settles down for you a bit very soon :)

• maria-mirabela

1 day ago

So let's continue the juice not only for weight loss but because it's give us confidence and makes us feel AMAZING!!

• Freddie

12 hours ago

It surely does!

• maria-mirabela

1 day ago

Day 5 everyone and I feel great.

When i a very busy and I don't have my juice I will have some fruit or nuts., that helped :)

Hope everyone is doing great :)

And don't forget: What you allow is what will continue ! :)

• Yeager

1 day ago

Day 24 of Phase 3

277 lbs.

Faith Rewarded

After 4 days of plateau, the scale moved. The inches were already shifting. 2 pounds overnight is pretty good. The journey continues. Did I change anything? Nope, I just kept on doing what I was doing. 5 more pounds to my next BMI number. My wife and son enjoyed some London Broil with scratch made mashed potatoes. I keep cooking for them. It is healthier. Even made some them broccoli. Folks wonder how I can cook and not cheat. That is fairly simple. If I am hungry, I make a juice and drink it while i am cooking. Carrot-apple-ginger or Un-beet-able or Glorious Green all will work. If I want to save the juice, then I grab a glass of water. It all works. It gives my hands and my mouth something to do. Do it often enough and it is not an issue normally. Next week is looking like a good week for me. How you might ask? I might be down to my 100 day lowest weight again!!! Awesome sauce, pour it on me! Yeah, 80s kids. Chuckle. This is an exciting time. This is where that niggling voice of Doubt likes to hide and get in your way. "What if it doesn't happen next week? You will have failed!" Laughing. Failed, nope, just have to work a little bit harder. 10 pounds away, 10 pounds to that Milepost. What is the Goal? 250 lbs. I am still 27 lbs away from that Goal. Step by step, one foot in front of the other, one juice at a time.

Went to the Chiropractor yesterday. I popped everywhere getting realigned. Twist, turn, crack, pow, Bang, boom, snap, pop. I was being visited but the Rice Krispie Brothers and their Bigger brothers. It felt so much better. My chiro said she can definitely see the weight loss and it is getting easier to adjust me. That happens when your joints go loose. I am getting excited with this journey. How much better will I feel ? That is the exciting part, I don't know! This will be new territory for me. Faith drives me onward and it keeps rewarding me with better health.

CU@Healthy!

Rick

• Joanne

1 day ago

Great post. Is there an official glorious green? I just came up with that name for the juice I made....might have to rename it...lol x

• Yeager

22 hours ago

Nah, Shunned started calling Mean Green - Glorious Green. She thought it was friendlier. Her idea was that it was so good for us that it was Glorious! Keep calling yours Glorious Green! It works just as well.

CU@Healthy!

Rick

• Freddie

11 hours ago

I like the advice about drinking while you are cooking, if you have to cook for others. I use that strategy. I also will "chug" 0.5L (16OZ) of water in one sip... makes you feel just a touch nauseated, helps you get to your water totals for the day, and your appetite disappears like a snowman in a furnace.

• Joanne

1 day ago

Day 1 - yippee! I realised after having a vampire quantity of blood taken this morning, that I feel really free about this new juice only...because I have no expectations about the length of my fast....so pressure off...just freedom....am definitely back on "tickety-boo"....feeling blessed.

Just drinking my morning sunshine, and about to make glorious green...and a yellowtastic...later I will do a redlush - watermelon.

Toodle-pip...keep on keeping on this journey

x

• Yeager

1 day ago

So does that mean you will be turning into a Vampire in 3 days? Oh wait, yes, you are...a Veggie Vampire! Keep up the goodness!

CU@Healthy!

Rick

• Joanne

1 day ago

@ Yeager. Been sharpening and polishing my teeth...who needs a knife to prep veggies.!

Mouth well yuck...for me the icky yucky mouth for the first number of days is whoopdeedoo positive...as juices are doing their stuff...yippeee. Feeling blessed.

• Freddie

11 hours ago

So awesome to see you back in the juicy swing of things :) Glad you are feeling well.

• restoredhealth7

1 day ago

Hello....dealing with a bad headache tonight. Was feeling stressed out earlier today and wanted to so badly eat something MAJOR, but I ended up grabbing a handful of grapes instead. It's my emotions I need to get a hold of!!

Just resting and hoping my headache goes away with increased water/juice.

• Joanne

1 day ago

Hope your headache has now beggared off and left you alone. And "whoop whoop" for grabbing grapes instead of the major!

• Yeager

1 day ago

I hope the headache eased up!

CU@Healthy!

Rick

• maria-mirabela

1 day ago

Hi everyone , Day 4. and 26 left to go.. Was a good day , I didn't felt to drink to much juice , infact Inhad only one orange juice today and water.. My mood was very good :)

And I was tempted to weight myself but i decided that is better to wait till the end of the fast because i always give up after.. So this time I know what to do :)

• Shane

1 day ago

Hi everybody. It's been a few weeks since I've been able to spend much time posting here. Life has been crazy. That said, I'm still on the mostly vegan diet and my weight has been pretty stable, so that's good. I listened to a podcast by Dr. Joel Fuhrman, the guy who wrote "Eat to Live." He advocates a mostly vegan diet with 5-15% of your diet coming from animal products. He said something I'd never heard before: He thinks the majority of our nutrients should come from GBOMBS -- Greens, Beans, Onions, Mushrooms (cooked), Berries, Seeds. I eat a ton of greens and I use chickpeas or other beans in most dishes. Onions end up in many recipes, as do mushrooms. But I don't really eat a lot of berries or seeds. I guess I can add flaxseeds to more foods and I can try increase my berry intake... I wonder why berries vs other fruits? Anyone know why seeds and berries are so high on his list?

That said, I think different diets work for different people. Some people do better on Mediterranean or GAPS or AIP, etc. I do think mostly vegan has been good for me and kept my weight stable. I had an egg on Sunday and it was the first egg I'd had in three months since before I did my reboot. I used to eat a ton of eggs but it tasted greasy and slimy and left a weird coating in my mouth. I guess that's what happens when our taste buds reset! I'm fine not eating eggs, bring on the veggies! ;)

Email Newsletter:

Our weekly newsletter is packed with special messages from Joe, exclusive recipes, giveaways, and more!

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.