Saying GOODBYE to 100lbs or more!!!

Post On Group Wall

Group Wall

• Shunned

3 years ago

all new low this morning!!!! I nearly cried :) 237!!!! thats all the willpower I need to get threw weekend with out eating to much!

• JuicingGeezWoman

3 years ago

Hi Shunned. Awesome. Patting your back. You can get through the weekend. I've done it the last two weekends. If I can, anyone can. :) Stay strong, and when you see something you mentally think you want to eat, just remind yourself and focus yourself in why you're doing this in the first place. There's a difference between need and want. I've fought this for years. Don't let want win!! :)

• fezziwig

3 years ago

Ucantimagine, thank you for the heads up about Earthlings. As I say, I am afraid to watch it. Probably won't do it today.

• fezziwig

3 years ago

Just a suggestion re: not being able to find where we left off reading on the thread and not being able to locate the most recent activity post. If you type your post where it says 'Post On Group Wall', it will appear at the end of the thread where we can all find it. If you post it as a 'comment' under someone's post, then it stays there and out of date order, making it harder to locate. We had this problem on the previous version also. We just don't want to miss any of your valuable posts! (When I first started out, I once posted an answer to someone's question that had been asked 7 months prior, and I typed it as a reply. Needless to say, my post was lost in the netherlands never to be seen again, lol.).

• fezziwig

3 years ago

Speaking of documentaries, I have watched Food Inc, Forks Over Knives, and FS&ND of course. Hungry For Change is another good one I just watched. I have Food Matters waiting for me at my library and also Forks Over Knives which I will watch again as a booster shot of inspiration. Through my research on YouTube, I came across another title, Earthlings, about the meat industry and factory farming, etc. I understand it's supposed to be the definitive game changer for anyone wanting to give up meat. I did give up meat three weeks ago, still holding strong. I haven't watched Earthlings yet, but I am considering it. To tell you the truth, I'm afraid to watch it. Ellen DeGeneres said it makes Food Matters/Food Inc. look like a Disney movie. I am guessing it's not for the faint of heart, and I am pretty faint of heart when it comes to the mistreatment of animals. If I do watch it, I'll let you know. Anyone here who's watched it, let me know what you think.

• Dee Dee

3 years ago

I looked up earthlings and the thumbnails were enough to stop me. I don't want to start my Saturday off bawling my eyes out. :(

• Natshell62

3 years ago

I don't think I could handle it. I am already pretty convicted on the meat industry so I'm not going to punish myself like that. LOL but it is good to know about in case I need to refer some of the harder cases I know to something.

• Taffy the Great!

3 years ago

I watched Earthlings in 2008 and I'm getting emotional just reading your post, that is how powerful it is. I had no idea what factory farming was like until I saw it, despite watching many other health docs that briefly mentioned the plight of the animals; I haven't seen anything that tells it like it is the way Earthlings does. I recommend it, because it helped me greatly... I wouldn't have wanted to continue eating animals, not knowing the truth. Like yourself, I gave up meat/chicken, but instead of doing it purely for health reasons as I used to, now it's also because I'm doing my part to create a world of compassion, without killing, and to me that means it has to start with me. I don't mean to offend any meat eaters, I love you and don't judge you, but this is my personal choice.

• fezziwig

3 years ago

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wEc92SX/weight.png

• JuiceeJuice

3 years ago

Good Morning!

Hope all have a wonderful day. I am excited that dad is going produce shopping while I am at work - open house today - and will have juice for tomorrow! My sis last night was whining that she needs the juice LOL she can't take the full eating anymore. :D

I will be back later. Wishing all a wonderful day! XOX

• Natshell62

3 years ago

There is something in the air! Everyone is jumping back into the juice. I started today:)

• fezziwig

3 years ago

Ucantimagine, what a wonderful post! You sound so upbeat and inspirational! I know you will succeed! And that is so wonderful that you want to be an inspiration to your family by your example. You are a beautiful person inside and out. I look forward to following your blog.

• Dee Dee

3 years ago

I've decided to do a youtube blog of my reboot. It is so inspirational seeing other people going through this process and I've been wanting to dive into youtube, but I never had anything to say that I felt was important enough to warrant all the trouble. I really hope to inspire my friends and relatives and seeing is believing. I have a 20 year old cousin who weighs around 400 pounds. His obesity kicked in when he was around 3. He got this insatiable appetite and would literally cram so much food into his mouth that he couldn't even chew it. At 3 years old! He has lots of health problems and I don't want him to die prematurely. His mom has also hit the 300 pound mark and she was thin coming up. She's on lots of meds now and all they eat is fast food and pepsi. Now the youngest daughter who just graduated high school is obese. They all want to get lap bands. Well that's just a tool, and like any tool, if not used properly, it won't work. So I am hoping to be the spearhead to adding life to my family tree. Not just in years, but in quality.

It's wonderfully strange how much I am really looking forward to this process. I already feel proud of myself for changing how I think about food and nutrition. I know it will be challenging, but I know I can do it so I'm not afraid. I call it a Juice Feast, not a Juice Fast, which is a misnomer really. That word "fast" just seems to shut peoples minds down. And OMG I haven't been in the 200's since Jr High. But now I see a way and I'm so thankful. My 40th birthday is in July and I'm gonna knock 40's socks off! You are all invited! :)

• Natshell62

3 years ago

LOVE IT! I have thought about doing videos but my video camera is pretty pathetic and I have NO video editing skills or software so I just started a regular blog for now. Plus, I just go around in sweats all the time . Wouldn't make for a very visually appealing video;o) Please post us a link to your channel! I am currently following several juice feasters (yup they call it that too) on youtube and it does so much to keep me motivated! I'll put your link on my blog too as soon as I can figure out how to make the link gadget work:/

• heathiedeann

3 years ago

Natalie, who do you follow on YouTube? I'd like to see some of those. Also any written blogs you may follow. I'm a knowledge sponge right now!

• Taffy the Great!

3 years ago

Ucantimagine, I LOVE watching people shrink on YouTube... your posts will inspire and educate many! There are a number of weight loss vids from people who had surgery, so you can show people that there is another way. I love looking at the glowing faces of he raw vegans on YouTube, it's really inspiring. Juice FEAST, yes! As for your family, that is really sad, but you are going to lead the way and hopefully blaze a trail that they choose to follow! You asked for my feedback on the documentary... it rekindled my desire to go live in the wild, but the best thing I took away from it is that I've always felt intimidated when people criticize me when I go raw vegan, and the man in that film caused me to realize that those people are literally eating food that they call "junk," so why should I be the one intimidated? That's messed up! It was a powerful moment, thanks for recommending it!

• Sick'n'Tired

3 years ago

This is actually a great idea. My boys and I became part of a Youtube community a few years ago, but haven't been active lately. I am very apprehensive in sharing my weight, ect... publicly. I wish I had your courage.

• fezziwig

3 years ago

Good morning all,

Taffy, thank you for your kind words. Yes, this is a safe place for all of us to tell the truth about our weight stories. I'm very glad to meet you. Welcome to the group.

Jana, the two indicators for weight loss success that you mentioned definitely struck a chord with me. Boy, does that give me something to think about. 'They never stopped until they reached goal.' That's what I have to do. I am going to have to redouble my efforts and not be content to hover around 180, which is still grossly overweight for someone of my height, barely 5'2". Mind you, I am not content on an intellectual level, but the question remains, am I willing to actually DO what it takes to continue moving DOWN the scales? I have a lot of soul searching to do.

• heathiedeann

3 years ago

Awh Taffy, your statement under the butterfly lifted my heart. I'm on day 5 of my first juice fast and I'm down about 6 pounds. I know that I couldn't have made it this far (through the roughest part I'm told) without these wonderful people. :) BTW, I feel GREAT today!

Email Newsletter:

Our weekly newsletter is packed with special messages from Joe, exclusive recipes, giveaways, and more!

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.