Saying GOODBYE to 100lbs or more!!!

Post On Group Wall

Group Wall

• fezziwig

3 years ago

Nat, your daughters are gorgeous! BMI, pshawwwww!!!!!!!!!

• Natshell62

3 years ago

FIT2BEME - Welcome to our group:) 53 lbs since January 17 is amazing!!! Starting a juicefast right now is probably the best way in the world to keep yourself motivated and losing. As you go along, weight loss can slow down and you KNOW that juice fast will kickstart it right back into high gear. I have been eating solids for the last few weeks but I'm going back to just juice tomorrow. Not sure how long I'll go this time but I love being on juice fast so who knows? LOL

• fittobeme

3 years ago

Thank you!

• Natshell62

3 years ago

KATIE I am SO glad you joined! You are SUCH a huge inspiration for me and I know others who join this group will feel the same. No kicking anyone out! That's why I said have OR HAD 100 lbs:)

• Natshell62

3 years ago

You know, I used to think that "morbidly obese" was SUCH a stigma to put on someone but the truth is, it is accurate. Like it or not, when you get to a certain point in being overweight, the morbidity rate goes waaaay up. My first huge celebration on weight loss will be when my BMI no longer qualifies as "morbidly obese." Morbid Obesity is defined as having a BMI of over 40. That being said, I don't put a lot of stock in BMI as a good measure for "ideal" weight. I have 4 daughters. Bonni has large bone structure, Gini and Cheyenne have medium bone structure and Harmoni has off the charts large bone structure (and is 6'3" tall!). I'm going to post a pic of Bonni and Cheyenne together. Neither really overweight at all and yet according to BMI Bonni (the darker brunette on the left) is significantly overweight because she outweighs Cheyenne by about 40 lbs! DON'T GO JUST BY BMI! It kinda infuriates me that insurance companies and employers can go by BMI to determine if someone is healthy weight or not too but I'll step off my soap box for now;o)

• Johnathan

3 years ago

I love the post! Thanks for sharing. Might I throw one caution to the wind. I too used to really hold the BMI scale up on a pedestal until my neighbor moved in. This guy is 5' 8", maybe 9" tall and stacked, more like ripped! Body fat, probably 6%, maybe more, but something low. However, being stacked means he weighs about 210. He is considered obese on the BMI scale. I was 252 and yes, most of mine was fat. At only 5' 10" when I started, I knew I was bigger and it wasn't muscle. I started a juice fast with no end date in sight. I simply wanted better overall health. For me to get to a "healthy bmi (24)" I need to hit 166 lbs. If I then tone up and get stronger (I'm not looking to be a body builder, I am a Husband, Father, Dad). I just want to be fit and healthy for myself, my family and to help move forward with a healthier life.

With that said, simply saying that as good as the BMI is, it probably needs to be revised. The main focus is overall better health and to determine this, I am focused more on body fat percentage and how my clothes fit. The scale is nice and mean. But the fat percentage tells me more. Your daughters all have varying body types, I believe that the BMI can assist, but it should be used as a tool. Looking up my BMR was huge as it told me how many calories my body burns a day, just simply living (when I calculate it as having a sedentary lifestyle). I elect to compute it on this, so I can get a caloric burn base and then I can go from there.

I hope this comes across well. It is almost midnight, and I'm tired. But I have a huge desire to pay things forward and help others be healthier.

Johnathan

I am one of Reboot With Joe Success Stories. – They featured my weight loss story.
    You can see the photo here: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151671458455452&set=pb.215671830451.-2207520000.1368466710 and read the story here: http://www.rebootwithjoe.com/johnathan-success-story
    They linked to my blog: http://www.84lbs84days.blogspot.com

• SinAz

3 years ago

Wow Natshell those girls are both beautiful.

• Erika D

3 years ago

they are absolutely gorgeous

• fittobeme

3 years ago

Hello,

I just this passed week discovered Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead. My husband and I watched the movie yesterday. We bought a juicer today, and some fruits and veggies. I started my lifestyle change Jan. 17, 2013, and have lost 53 lb. Today is day one of sixty days of juicing. I believe I will make my goal weight in this periods of time. :-)

• Johnathan

3 years ago

Best of luck to you! Know that the first 3 to 5 days can be the most intense, physically. After that, it becomes a mental battle for most. I did 100+ days straight and I loved it! Dropped 70+ pounds in 84 days and I still juice! This website and forum keeps me motivated. Even short check-ins like tonight keep me inspired!

Is your husband juicing too?

Johnathan

I am one of Reboot With Joe Success Stories. – They featured my weight loss story. You can see the photo here: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151671458455452&set=pb.215671830451.-2207520000.1368466710 and read the story here: http://www.rebootwithjoe.com/johnathan-success-story
    They linked to my blog: http://www.84lbs84days.blogspot.com

• katiejay

3 years ago

I'm present and accounted for. I currently have 124.5 pounds to lose to reach 160. That actually sounds pretty good to me since my highest weight was 500 pounds meaning that I had to lose 340 pounds....now that's one heck of a mountain to move. (Just don't kick me out in 25 pounds lol)

Jana - you mentioned that we have a different road to travel and that's an absolute fact. Air travel is a nightmare. Even if I had the money to fly to see my sisters, I don't think I would have been about to fit in the seat. Two weeks ago, I purchased a return ticket to fly to see my sisters next July. What a thrill! For years, I've hated going to our local Canadian Tire store because they installed a turnstile that I couldn't fit through. I'd have to search for the handicapped entrance for wheelchairs so I could walk through there. A few days ago, we had to go for a truck part and I walked through the turnstile like it wasn't even there. It's wonderful to be able to sit in a chair with arms and not worry about fitting into it....or breaking it. We all so desperately want to be accepted, loved and noticed for various reasons, but our size usually keeps us hiding in the background. We seldom can find a nice picture of ourselves....if we're not the person taking the picture, we're the head in the back of the crowd. We're unique because of our size...and yet we're all the same because of it.

Natalie - I came here to start a group.......and we're already here!

Fezz - Happy to see you as always. Still staying off the meat? I popped a piece of deli meat in my mouth a few days ago while making my daughter's lunch and it was so salty - and the nitrates stung my tongue. My first thought was "It's so salty! What's so great about this?"

• Taffy the Great!

3 years ago

katiejay, your post touched me so deeply, at times I felt like I was being kicked in the gut, because I've been using food to avoid the pain of rejection, but you were brave enough to put it out there; I have flown two times this year and couldn't fasten the seat belt, that's why I'm pushing myself now to reboot, because I want to fasten the seat belt when I fly Dec. 5! Congrats on the weight you've lost, your pic actually makes you look like you don't even need to lose more weight, I wouldn't have guessed.

• Sick'n'Tired

3 years ago

You've done amazing! KatieJay, you've come a long way. Congrats!

• LornaAries

3 years ago

Hi KatieJay, you are just the inspiration that I am needing. I fit into the 100lbs to loose group and it seems too much to do all by myself. So I am really looking forward to having this group to learn from and to actually get through the weight loss successfully.

• Natshell62

3 years ago

Thanks Jana and fezz! I keep trying to invite Shunned and Juicee and Katie and so forth but most people don't come up as found. I put their name in and it says no matches found. I made sure I was putting them in spelled correctly but still nothing. But hopefully they will join anyway. Newcomers need the wonderful inspiration I've found here. I did invite the ones it could "find." The great thing about this new format is that if you see someone who inspires you, you can see their profile and figure out where they post, friend them, etc. I am really liking it!

• jnestor85

3 years ago

how do you get that tracker on your profile?

• fezziwig

3 years ago

Nat, what a great idea and POSITIVE title! At my heaviest, I was 270. I was definitely morbidly obese, probably still am in my height category, barely 5'2". If I can lose 135 lbs., I will have lost precisely half of my body weight and be at my ticker goal of 135. Of course, I know I probably should weigh less, probably anywhere from 110 to 120, but I don't know if that is a realistic goal for me. 135 would be absolutely thrilling! In any event I am definitely in the 100 pounds or more club! Here's to us!

• Taffy the Great!

3 years ago

fezziwig, I am also 5'2" and need to lose the same amount of weight - it really makes me smile to read I'm not alone, thank you for sharing your stats!

• Cheryl D

3 years ago

We are twins.....I am 267 looking to goal at 135 and I am barely 5'2". All the best to you in your journey.

• Cheryl D

3 years ago
    [deleted]
  • Cheryl D

3 years ago
    [deleted]
  • Johnathan

3 years ago

I believe you ladies can do this. Just remember that getting enough water over an above the number of ounces you drink with your juices will be key to losing weight as well. Once your body knows it is getting hydrated, it can release the water weight it tends to hoard. I dropped over 25 pounds in 14 days! And 70+ in less than 90 days with more weight still to lose! As one of reboot with joe's featured "sucess stories" I'm doing all I can to help others by sharing my experiences. Yes, we are all unique and so are our experiences. Yet, we are also on very similar paths. Best of luck to you all. And know that we're all in this together.

• dede729

3 years ago

@feezwig you Can Lose what your desire weight amount is. Keep blogging, remain positive and We will all reach our goals just like Joe..

• hiddenpotential622

3 years ago
    Just joining today and so thankful to have found a spot with folks on the same journey. Have juiced many years ago, but never had a support group who were walking the same path. Looking forward to your wisdom and friendship with this new path to health. 227 lbs at 5'4",so need to lose 100 lbs. Gosh, haven't said that out loud to anyone ever.
  • Ronda

3 years ago

Fezzwig,

At my heaviest, I was 260, just ten below you. I am now down to 223, but it feels like little success against my total goal. I am most comfortable at 145. My husband is most pleased at 130. That is what I weighed when we married 23 years ago. Of course, he is incredibly fit and at 52 still has a six pack. After 23 years of marriage I believe I have the right to tell him to piss off. He is a great cheerleader, even when he is eating chocolate cake...lol.

• Jana

3 years ago

I am here! I love this Natalie. I did not want to exclude the under 100 pounders from The Reboot Club thread since I believe our group can really help anyone on a JF, but those of us who have 100+ to lose definitely have a different road to travel and are dealing with different issues. Great intro and pic too!

Jana

Email Newsletter:

Our weekly newsletter is packed with special messages from Joe, exclusive recipes, giveaways, and more!

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.