Reboot Runners

Post On Group Wall

Group Wall

• slobdiddy

1 year ago

Hi everyone. I'm a previous big weight loser (low carb green juicing and low carb dieting combined) who got into marathon running (London and Edinburgh Marathons in 2014) and then fell off the wagon two years ago. I'm just at the end of day 4 of an 11 day juice reboot. Have around 20lbs to lose before I feel safe running (and have a lot more to go after this). I want to be back to trail and road racing ASAP and am happy to find a "Reboot Runners" group.

• healthy2015

1 year ago

Hi all! I am starting 30 days tomorrow!

• Jeff N

1 year ago

Hi everyone! It's amazing there is a group on this topic. I ran several marathons between 2010 and 2013, but have been on a downward health spiral since then.... I just turned 46 and also just finished my first 3 day reboot. I haven't felt this good in ages. In fact, I felt so good this am, I put on my old running shoes and ran a 5k on the treadmill! This is my first run in about 6 months - and it felt awesome! So of course I had to start looking around for what people are saying about juicing and running - and voila - here you are!! Does anyone have an particularly good recipes for pre run? I just set a goal to complete a marathon this year - and training started today. Thanks for starting this group!!!

• Michael

1 year ago

I like cucumber/pineapple for pre and post runs... especially in warmer conditions.

• slobdiddy

1 year ago

Blueberries are supposed to be excellent for post run due to their antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Lots of articles on line (incl Runners World) about this. A friend of mine got me into this - he's a 150 marathon vet and still going strong at 69 years old and so there's a good chance he knows what he's doing!

• Juicin4Junior

1 year ago

Hello everyone. New to the the group. Been rebooting for the better part of 10 months and have had amazing results.

When I started this journey, I could barely walk around the block without getting winded. Within a few weeks of juicing and walk/running, I was able to do a full mile at a steady jog pace. It amazed me! Never in my life had I been able to run/jog a straight mile without stopping and here I am, 38 years old, doing something I couldn't do even as a teenager.

Now being med-free, 130lbs lighter and feeling amazing about myself, I decided to join a group and help others by sharing my experiences and ways I have been able to make this work for me. From buying high quality fruits and veggies in bulk at amazing prices to DIY refrigerated produce storage solutions in my home, I have been on the ride of my life.

Looking forward to helping out however I can.

Cheers to life,

Juicin4Junior

• Mobbeta

1 year ago

You ROCK!!! That is amazing, Juicin4Junior!!! What a great story. I would love to hear your advice on buying high quality produce at good prices and DIY produce storage. Those are two of my main obstacles. Look forward to hearing from you!

• Flower_25

1 year ago

Hello Juicin! I have a quick question! Did you do juice only when you were running?? It seems like you have lots of experience and I need some advice in that section... after I am done with about 7 days of juicing (I am on day 3) I plan to start running, if I feel like I am able too...but not sure if juice only will be enough to be running longer runs... I am conditioning to run a half marathon ... do you have any advice?? does anyone on here? I would appreciate the help!

• Hollyz32

1 year ago

Wow!!! Good for you.

• Matilda

1 year ago

For Ladies Only: I'm new to running, but would like to get myself to the point where I can go for a 20 minute run daily. Since it's winter, I'm actually finding it easier to start (at least on days when the sidewalks aren't icy), because I get so out of breath in the hotter weather. I'm just starting with doing 1-2 minutes at a time while walking the dog, and slowly increasing the amount of time that I can endure.

My main problem, which has been the main reason I've never liked running, is that I'm large-chested and have not been able to find a good running bra in my size. So having everything bouncing around in public, with bra straps slipping and sliding, is very embarasing. Are there any ladies out there that know of a good running/sports bra that's made for larger sizes (38DDD)? It needs to be something specifically designed for larger sizes - a bra that was designed as a small-medium and then just made in a bigger size never ever works.

• Sherri

1 year ago

Try Enell bras. They are built for larger sizes and do up instead of wrestle over the head. I wear Shock Absorber, but I'm not sure if they go to your size. Good luck!

Sherri

• Bridget

1 year ago

Sounds funny but I wear two, sports bra and a regular cotton non underwire bra. I'm a 38 DD. I run year round in Ohio so often I wear a windbreaker which helps to conceal. I've run nearly 700 miles in close to two years. I'll be 50 this year.

• rosecomet

1 year ago

hi, I just joined and have been running for a few years now. I've always wore a sports bra over my regular bra but I have found the Moving Comfort Maia and the girls stay in place.

http://www.brooksrunning.com/en_us/maia-sports-bra/350054.html?dwvar_350054_color=925#start=4

• Rebecca

1 year ago

I wear 2 bras at a time. The ones that come up higher in the front and cross in the back are more supportive. You may also try online Title 9 sportswear made for women.

• Rebecca

1 year ago
    [deleted]
  • mdh1968

1 year ago

Hi. I'm new to the group and new to juicing. I just saw the movie last night and have already purchased my juicer. Will start after this business trip (and when Amazon delivers my juicer). I'm a life-long runner but have really slowed down the last few years due to numerous nagging injuries that I now know are attributable to my diet and lifestyle. Phew, I thought it was age! My concern is having the energy to run when I'm only juicing, while I'm doing the juice fast. Can I run and fast or should I wait and get through the initial fast first before I return to running? Thanks, all. Happy to be here among friends! Mel

• Juicin4Junior

1 year ago

I run 3 to 5 miles almost every night now and energy is never a problem. When you first start out on your reboot journey you may feel fatigued as your body adjust to the transition but once you get past that, I'm sure you will be fine. The best advise I can give a rebooter who plans to exercise while fasting is; listen to your body. It will tell you what it can and can't handle.

Hope this helps.

Cheers to life! :)

• RunningOnJuice

1 year ago

Hello! I'm a juicer and a runner and am going 20 days with only juice starting tomorrow (feb 17th). I will most likely add in plant protein shakes if I feel that I need it to maintain a strong level of running. My goal is to lose 20# that somehow snuck up on me..

I would LOVE a juicing buddy if there is anyone out there wanting to start an extended reboot!

• Amanda

1 year ago

Hey, all! I'm a runner & triathlete and just bought my first juicer last week! Hoping to add more nutrients to my intake faster this way and also hoping I can get more nutrients in my kids/hubby. Hubby is being pretty cooperative but the kiddos are not so thrilled. :o(

• mdh1968

1 year ago

Good luck, Amanda! I am right behind you. I just ordered a juicer from Amazon so will be starting in the next several days. I also hope to positively effect my family with healthy nutrients. I don't anticipate much of a fight but I'll really have to seek out good recipes that don't taste like grass for the teenager and the 6-year-olds. Fingers crossed! M

• Brian

1 year ago

Hello all my fellow Reboot Runners. Haven't been on in a long time. I am so happy that you have found this group and are using it to support each other.

• leighb

1 year ago

Hi guys! I just watched SFND 2 and am beyond inspired. I ran 5.6 miles with my dog today and am feeling veggie powered! How are you all? I would love your inspiration, and I am here to support you. We're in this together!!!

Email Newsletter:

Our weekly newsletter is packed with special messages from Joe, exclusive recipes, giveaways, and more!

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.