Reboot Runners

Post On Group Wall

Group Wall

• maryanne.cullen.1

1 year ago

Today I did a 5 K with my daughter to raise money for a Gold Star memorial grden to honor veterans who died. The course had a very hilly section, but, with the help of my daughter, I was able to finish and won second place for women 60-64!!

• Freedomflyer

1 year ago

Maryanne thank you to you and your daughter for raising money for veterans! I am one and it touches my heart every time I hear someone do something for those who cannot do for themselves and served our country. Veterans are supported more by the civilians than anyone else and they are grateful for anyone that gives a second of their time to support!

• Izabel

10 months ago

So awesome!!!

• Freedomflyer

1 year ago

Hi Ya'll! Really motivated by these posts!

I am ending day 5 of my 90 day reboot and tomorrow I have a 5k race with a friend. Haven't been able to run in a couple months due to insomnia so this should be interesting. Considering this is my first juice cleanse ever and first time running in a while. I quit smoking in January and all the wonderful side effects came on at different times so the juicing put an end to the insomnia the day I started my reboot. I just wish I would have done this 3 months ago when it came on instead of turning to medications (that didn't work) and cost $$$$. Either way I am on this road now and fingers crossed I pass the finish line tomorrow without passing out or injuries. We dropped about 30 degrees in 24 hrs so it will be freezing! Hoping to learn a lot from those of you who have been at this a while! I definitely do not want another 3 months to pass me by without running! Best wishes to all on their journey!

• Izabel

10 months ago
    [deleted]
  • Michael

1 year ago

Been a long journey but I've finally completed my first 100 Mile Trail Race.

I went in to training thinking I might fuel on juice alone. Some days it worked, some days it didn't. By the end of training I realized that running on juice alone for my first 100 miler would be too big a task... maybe try it on a 50 miler.

I ended up drinking an 8oz green juice (wheatgrass, lemongrass, pineapple) every 16 miles and ate solid foods every 4 miles (bananas... lots of bananas, vegetable soup, tomato soup, boiled potatoes w/ salt, pretzels, grilled cheese sandwiches w/ pickles, PB&J, peanut butter cookies and some coconut protein bars). I also drank a lot of lemon water to ease my stomach, plain water, coffee and Tailwind for the salt.

I'll continue to train and experiment with using juice as nutrition for short and long runs. Juice On!

• caroline

1 year ago

way to go!
    I went for a run today - day 6 of my fast - and found it to be quite a challenge. My pace was slow and i was thirsty! Anyway, I made it but I can't imagine doing 100miles on juice alone. We need fuel!
    Congratulations Michael! This is a great achievement!!!!

• caroline

1 year ago

Hi runners! I'm winding down day 2 of my fast, not sure how many days i'll go - maybe a week, maybe a month?

One of my goals is to run a 10k in less than an hour. That means shaving about 10 minutes off my time.

I have 20-30 lbs to lose, but i'm mostly on this fast to help my mental health. I think an improvement in either of these directions will help me reach my running goal.

I just wanted to reach out and state my intentions. It feels good getting it out there, maybe makes it a little more concrete.

Happy trails!

C

• nickyh817

1 year ago

Ran 5k this morning, on day two of what I hope will be a 30 day reboot. Went early morning (I'm in the UK) before my juice and was a struggle, felt like I had no energy. Hoping this subsides after the intial few days.

• Flower_25

1 year ago

The first few days are the worst but you got this! push through!

• Hollyz32

1 year ago

Today is day 1 of 30+day reboot. I've juiced for 40 days in the past but it's been a long while. I did a prep by juicing till dinner (vegan) for a week. REALLY excited to find this group. I am a running newbie and will enjoy reading your posts.

• nickyh817

1 year ago

On day 1 of hopefully a 30 day reboot! Have had 1 failed attempt prior to now which lasted 4 days. I'm also beginning a 12 week marathon training program today, 5k run tonight!

• Mobbeta

1 year ago

I am a wanna-be runner. lol I have completed about 9 half marathons over the last 5 years, but I really just walk fast or slow jog. I am still 60 lbs overweight and really want to do this whole weight loss thing differently. First, I would love to find a partner to run with...doing all of this alone leads to a lot of yo-yo weight gain and loss because I will do it religiously for awhile, then "fall off the wagon" and gain it back again. Running helps, but I have now not run again in about 6 months. I could use a running/walking partner...if there is anyone in the 562 area code of SoCA, or close by...

I also want to try a Guided Reboot. Any advice on which one to choose?

• Flower_25

1 year ago

Used to live in SoCal, would of been nice to have a running partner back then! I am actually about to start conditioning to run my first half marathon! So I am very excited !! Good luck!!

• CoolHandLuke

1 year ago

I mostly bike because of my knees acting up, but I also run from time to time. Let me know if anyone out there needs a running encouragement buddy!

• Runninggirl56

1 year ago

Hi All! I'm starting my first Reboot on March 31! I love to run, and have done 9 half marathons to date. I just signed up for my first full marathon in March 2017! Want to get into optimum shape. Looking forward to meeting you all. BTW- by the time I'm finished with my 15 day Reboot, I will be ( gasp!) 60!!!

Email Newsletter:

Our weekly newsletter is packed with special messages from Joe, exclusive recipes, giveaways, and more!

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.