Reboot Runners

Post On Group Wall

Group Wall

• Yeager

6 months ago

Yeager

1 hour ago

Ragnar

Have any of you run in a Ragnar? I watched Fat to Finish yesterday. I was curious about what it takes to get on a team and any training tips you might be able to pass along,

CU@Healthy!

Rick

• Geek_Runner

2 months ago

Rick,

It looks pretty straight forward. This site (under the "Find a Road Relay" or "Find a Trail Relay") https://www.runragnar.com/ragnar). You just need a team (12 mates) and then you sign up. A Reboot Ragnar would be very cool. If you decide on doing an east coast (USA) one, I'd definitely be interested in running it. (You just need 10 more). BTW: Each leg is 3-13 miles and each participant runs up to threeish legs, but it looks like the average Ragnar teammate does about 17 miles over the course of the two day event.

Juice On!

Brian

• Jimbo

1 month ago

I just did the Southern California Ragnar back in April. The leader has to be very organized as these things can be tough logistically. Renting 2 vans, finding a place to stay for the team, expensive entry fee, food (er I mean juice), etc. make for a challenge. However, if you can get past that, it is a load of fun with a lot of comradely. The number of times an individual runs is only three with legs of 4 to 12 miles.... not all that much for a 200 mile relay. I'm sure glad I did mine........ Hmmmm a Reboot team?

• maryanne.cullen.1

6 months ago

http://maryanneonthego.blogspot.com/

• maryanne.cullen.1

7 months ago

Training for a half marathon that I am doing on February 10 in ras el khaimah in the desert of the United Arab Emirates with my daughter!! Last time I did it over there at the Yas Waterworld in Abu Dhabi , I became severely dehydrated and cramped up and need to be taken away in a stretcher.(see photo) Hopefully I am now 15 pounds lighter and plan to drink plenty of water. It is called the RAK Half Marathon.(www.rakmarathon.org) In the meantime I am training but getting calf cramps at night, Going to buy magnesium tablets. I leave Jan. 23. I want to be about 10 pounds lighter when I run next month but stronger as well. Will keep you posted!!

• Wami2016

7 months ago

Hi Maryanne - I am in the UAE as well!I have a 10K this Friday (Standard Chartered Marathon) in Jumeirah. I must confess though that I do more of a walk run - with a lot more walking than running :-) so will take appx 1.5 hours and carry plenty of energy bars/drinks. The plan is to keep moving and pushing myself till i can run the whole 10K next year. My friends and I are also signing up for the RAK marathon (more walk/runnin)....by which time I also hope to have lost 15lbs. All the best with the 10lbs and your 10k training!

• SDhandler2

5 months ago

Outstanding!

• EmHam

7 months ago

Hi Guys! I am just getting into running now!!! I am super proud of recent goal of achieving 10 min non stop run on the treadmill - approx 1.3km. I am working my way up to 5k and would love any tips and support! I recently watched an awesome documentary on Netflix called "From Fat to Finish". It was set in the US and was so inspirational! I really recommend it. Looking forward to tips and support from fellow runners! xx

• Wami2016

7 months ago

Well done on the 10 minute milestone. I am on the journey to beat the treadmill as well :-) My trainer has me run on the treadmill with the power off to build endurance and strength in my legs. 1 minute run as fast as possible and 1 minute rest. repeat for 10 mins. i found this quite useful. All the best to you!

• [...]

8 months ago

https://vimeo.com/193147050

Edit | Delete your post
  • maryanne.cullen.1

9 months ago

Since I lost 15 pounds I was able to do a 5 mile run for the first time under an hour at 57:43.

• Michael

9 months ago

Good work Maryanne... Congratulations!

• elivela

9 months ago

Day 3 of the Reboot was sort of awful in terms of running. I ran for 45 minutes and felt like absolute CRAP the entire time. I wasn't pushing the pace or anything. Just running an easy one. My legs felt like lead. I suppose this is normal at this point in the program? Thoughts? Have any of you had a similar experience?

• Michael

9 months ago

There have been days when I was NOT rebooting that my legs felt dead. Don't sweat it. I normally don't worry about distance or pace... I go with what my body gives me that day. If my body says walk than I walk. If I got some spring in my step I pick up the pace. Keep up the good work!

• Renada01

7 months ago

I had a similar issue today, I'm on day 4 and cramped up so badly it hurt

• elivela

9 months ago

First run today since starting the program. Not bad! Thought I'd feel crappy, but I did OK. Here's to Day 1.

• elivela

9 months ago

Hi all, I am a runner and just joined the Reboot program. It's good to see that you can still run while doing this. Though I suspect the first five days are going to be HARD. I am mentally preparing myself. I am doing the 15 day Reboot. I figured I'd start there and see.

• SummerBreeze

10 months ago

Hi everybody! I'm brand new and I want to start 1 week reboot on Sunday.

I need to lose 20lb and I want to see how far I get after one week.

I also run, usually 4 times per week, around 35 mins run (+ 5 mins walk warm up at the beginning and 5 mins walk cool down at the end) so a total of 45.

Do you have any suggestions of what kind of juices should I drink?

I was planning to have the carrot/apple one in the morning and the green one during the day.

I usually run first thing in the morning on an empty stomach.

I'm nervous about it and I might just slow down this week and maybe just run 2 times...but please if you have any advice I would really appreciate it...and tons of cheering cos I'm so scared to fail :(

Thank you!!!!

• Michael

10 months ago

Good work Summer! I usually don't over think the type of juice thing much. I go with what sounds good at the time and what makes my tummy happy. I have a 8oz green juice with a little pineapple and a whole lemon before my morning run. But that is what works for me. I have experimented with a lot of different flavors before, during and after a run. Some worked for me, others didn't. Experimenting was kind of fun! Run Happy!

Email Newsletter:

Our weekly newsletter is packed with special messages from Joe, exclusive recipes, giveaways, and more!

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.