Reboot Newbies

Seeking Accountability Partner for 30-day, beginning 4/17

Reboot Newbies

Posted by JayBeeTee on 1 year ago Hello! I?m starting a 30-day JUICE ONLY reboot fast on Wednesday, April 17, and am seeking a like-minded ?accountability partner? interested in mutual support by email, f2f (Research Triangle area in NC,) or Skype. Am a 50-year-old woman with 30 pounds to lose, but you can be similar or not?what matters is your commitment to completing 30 days! I know I can?t do this alone in weak moments, but desperately want to complete the full 30 days. If you?re interested in partnering, please reply here and we can move to private email after that if we wish. I?m already an avid and informed juicer, but I am having trouble with the commitment and the consistency; hence, the 30-day reboot. Looking forward to offering my support?and to benefitting from yours!

This topic contains 10 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by JayBeeTee 1 year ago.

Replies To Seeking Accountability Partner for 30-day, beginning 4/17

• freaki.deaki

1 year ago
    Hi Jaybeetee, Good luck with finding someone, I would happily help you, but I've just started my 30 days, I'm new to all of this. ( so in all honesty you would probably be way more help to me than the other way round ) I've just finished day 2. Hope it goes well.
  • shanvuk

1 year ago
    Hi Jayteebee: I am having the same problem as you. I need someone to do this with as well and to be accountable. Knowing that someone is dong it with me will get me through the hard days. I need to lost 30 lbs as well and just turned 56 two weeks ago. I'm game to skype, email, call, whatever. I am in Los Angeles. I have a juicer and have juiced before, but need to be motivated. Let's set something up to email and then exchange other information. my email is shanvuk@gmail.com. Hope to hear from you.
  • JayBeeTee

1 year ago
    Thank you for replying. We now have a group of four. To keep this manageable, I'll close the little group there, but let's still share our experience here so that others may benefit and so that we can get additional support! Freaki Deaki, good luck and congratulations on finishing day 2! That's huge!
  • LadyJenna925

1 year ago
    Yes please I want to start tomorrow.
  • Orangepop

1 year ago
    Hello, I just started today - and would be totally up for a motivation partner! My email is orange4458@hotmail.com I'm 45 - have a lot more than 30lbs to loose! But I think what matters is that I have someone in the same "boat" ... someone that knows what it's like kind of thing.
  • ccith1022

1 year ago
    Hi everyone I am 50 and want to lose 25 pounds, I am on day 4. I would like to have motivation also. ccith22@hotmail.com and facebook cheryl curtis root.
  • Leadbellie

1 year ago
    Hi There..............I would love to partner off starting tomorrow April 17....I too would like to do 30 days - my only difference is that I will be eating a small amount of protein at night with vegetables of some kind ........ and juicing all day.......I would like to do 30 plus hopefully 60......
  • Leadbellie

1 year ago
    I'm at: realappetites@hotmail.com
  • JayBeeTee

1 year ago
    Welcome to day 2 or, for some of you "pros", day 3, 5...or ? I just wanted to check in and see how everyone fared yesterday, challenges, successes, or anything else. I met my goals of 100% juicing and asking a long morning walk. Unfortunately, I'm still under the weather with this bug I picked up in Ireland and had precious little energy to do much else besides a load of travel laundry. The biggest challenge I faced yesterday was taking ibuprofen without food, and my stomach is telling me about it. I opted for acetaminophen this morning instead, but it's less effective for what ails me. Hopefully, in a day or two, I'll be rid of this thing, not hacking my lungs outs, and pining to head out for recreation. juicing can ONLY speed my recovery, so I'm trying to stay out of the "I'm sick and need comfort food" mindset. I didn't weigh yesterday because I feared the number would be so high as to totally discourage me, as I knew I gained weight in Ireland. ow ever, I did this morning: 167.8. With the water weight I lost from juicing yesterday, I'm sure my starting weight would have been 170, in which case I'm glad I avoided the scale! For my own twisted logic, I'll use a stating weight of 168. My goal weight is 138. Yes, I *do* know it's not about a number, but I still like to have a benchmark, especially inasmuch as I can be body dysmorphic. Started watching the full interviews from which the film "Hungry for Change" was made (see also, Food Matters), and found it helpful to stay immersed in the "message" of the food movement and healing principles that underlie Joe Cross's journey. Despite illness, I do feel good this morning in the way that I have in the past from juicing and I feel a great relief at having gotten through the first of these first few difficult days. I'm wishing everyone a healthy day of juicing, and look forward to hearing about your experiences. All the best, J.