Ask the Nutritionist

Reboot fail

Ask the Nutritionist

Posted by FaeryBryn on 2 weeks ago

Hi there! A little about my health: diagnosed with adenomyosis in 2014, which led to a hysterectomy and oopherectomy; diagnosed with Hashimoto's thyroidism Dec 2014 and put on Naturethroid; teeth started falling apart (literally) the next month; fibromyalgia diagnosed Aug 2015. A wellness coach I spoke with earlier this year suggested a juice fast, and I found Joe's documentary on Netflix a month or two after. I bought a juicer, and made a couple before jumping into a fast. The original plan was 60 days, possibly more. I didn't make it that far, as my exhaustion levels kept falling, hitting hard around day 16 and plummeting from there. I also developed really bad acne within the last 3-4 days of my 28 day reboot, with about 5 pimples popping up on my nose within less than 12 hours. My skin has been painfully dry, and cuts and bruises are taking longer to heal than normal.

Due to Hashi's, I've been staying away from goitrogenic foods (broccoli, cabbage, kale, etc), and nightshades (tomatoes, peppers, etc), though I just realized that one list shows strawberries and spinach as goitrogenic, but I'd been juicing those. I'd also had a food sensitivity test done in 2014, and my mild list included celery, broccoli, cauliflower, mango, nectarine, pear, and a few other fruits/veggies. I did juice some of those at the beginning, but stopped after finding my list again.

Most of my juices included lettuce (different types) and/or spinach, cucumber, zucchini, green apples, ginger, and I'd vary beets, carrots, berries, grapes, pineapple, asparagus, and more. Why was my body acting so strange by the end of the 28 days? What can I do differently so I can fast longer? I want to feel better, not worse.

This topic contains 1 replies, has 1 voices, and was last updated by Claire Georgiou - ND 1 week ago.

Replies To Reboot fail

• Claire Georgiou - ND

1 week ago

Dear FaeryBryn,

Sorry to hear about the health concerns that have you have experienced. That is certainly a hard road. One problem if poorly treated often leads into another health problem that is often very much related. These health concerns all have connections o progesterone deficiency and other possible nutrient and environmental issues.

Its better to join one of our guided reboots so you can have the extra support, I'm coaching a thyroid group starting on the 27th Sept if this is suitable to you! You could also join a shorter one if you prefer.

http://www.rebootwithjoe.com/weight-loss/plans/ (it hasn't been listed yet but you can enquire with the reboot team - rebootcoaching@rebootwithjoe.com). We can also review your blood tests to offer you extra support.

You must make sure you are ingesting all the correct fluids on top of your juices with the addition of protein and helathy oils to gain the most out of the program.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Email Newsletter:

Our weekly newsletter is packed with special messages from Joe, exclusive recipes, giveaways, and more!

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.