FAQ

Nuts!

FAQ

Posted by [...] on 2 months ago

Hi,

Everything is fine, but I'm wondering about snacking. I love pistachios but they are so tasty, I'm wondering if they are the best choice. what about almonds?

Also I've been eating fresh corn solo. Is that OK along with juicing?

Also I've been eating gojis and cacao nibs. Thanks so much.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 1 voices, and was last updated by [...] 2 months ago.

Edit Discussion | Delete this discussion

Replies To Nuts!

• Zootal

2 months ago

I don't eat nuts, too many calories, too easy to oink down 300 calories without trying. Tends to stall the scale. Corn is not so bad. I like to eat zucchini and peppers in broth because the calorie count is way low and it's easy on the stomach.

• [...]

2 months ago

Thanks so much. I hear you, but I read that some of them have a lot of nutritional value. I'll try the zucchini.

Edit | Delete your post
  • Zootal

2 months ago

Oh, they have plenty of nutritional value, and are quite good for you. It's just not a good choice while on a reboot, that's all. I love nuts and seeds, but I find when I start dipping into the peanuts too much, the weight loss slows down. Eat them if you want, but watch the calorie count cause it all adds up. There seems to be a calorie point with me where the weight loss slows way down if I'm not careful.

My rule of thumb is that whatever I dip into has to be no more than 100 calories a day, be it nuts or crackers or whatever. If I stick to that limit, I have no problem.

• [...]

2 months ago

Thanks. Yes, they are tasty. I am lucky that weight is not an issue for me. I doing this for health and long life. Any way as long as we are on the subject, what about protein. I have been very dedicated to only juicing veggies and fruit, but I wonder about protein.

Edit | Delete your post
  • Zootal

2 months ago

Generally speaking, juice only does not provide enough protein, especially if we are active. The "official" recommendation here is that you take a protein supplement once a day.

Check here:

http://www.rebootwithjoe.com/protein-on-a-reboot/

http://www.rebootwithjoe.com/healthy-fats-on-a-reb...

I use Nutrasumma pea protein. There are other good ones out there.

The reboot team recommends pea/rice or at least vegetable protein over whey. I'm not sure, as pea protein does not have methionine, whereas whey does. Probably because the focus here is plant-based, and whey protein is not plant based. Also, they sell their own pea/rice based powder :). Most plant based protein sources are missing an amino acid or two and are not considered a "complete protein", including pea. Soy protein has all of the amino acids in it, and might be a better choice if you can find a good source, I make my own tofu and use that for much of my protein source when not on a reboot. It probably doesn't matter in the long run...

• [...]

2 months ago

Thanks. I ordered some Nutrasumma on Amazon.

Edit | Delete your post
  • Zootal

2 months ago

That is where I got mine from. Come to find out that their factory is about five miles from my home. I'm tempted to visit to see if they will sell stuff OTC for a discount :)

• [...]

2 months ago

Cool! Le me know how that works out for you.

Edit | Delete your post

Email Newsletter:

Our weekly newsletter is packed with special messages from Joe, exclusive recipes, giveaways, and more!

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.