Free for All

Looking for support

Free for All

Posted by Julia on 3 weeks ago

Hi there, I'm Julia. I'm starting a reboot tomorrow and I really do need some support to help me get off the starting blocks . I've not been doing very well recently, starting many reboots and falling off the wagon in spectacular fashion. Life is extremely challenging for me right now and has been for a couple of years and I'm eating in response to my emotions. My weight has rocketed and I feel really awful both physically and mentally . I am desperate to get a grip and stop this destructive pattern of behaviour and lose the weight i gained. My daughter is getting married in 2 months and I so want to feel and look better and be more like myself .

So... I'm going to start afresh tomorrow, wipe the slate clean and maybe if I can find a few buddies here , that support might be enough to make the difference... I'm hoping ...

Thank you for reading this and please do get in touch if you would like to ... julia xx

This topic contains 6 replies, has 1 voices, and was last updated by Layana83 2 days ago.

Replies To Looking for support

• michellelm

3 weeks ago

HI Julia,

I'm starting this for the first time today. My goal is to juice exclusively for three days. After that I am going to juice two meals a day and eat one plant based meal a day for 25 more days for a total of 28 days. Then I am going to evaluate my progress and decide if I'm going to continue down that path or juice only once a day and eat two meals. This is going to be a new experience for me. I was raised in Iowa farm country and love beef and pork. After watching Joe's movies and What the Health, I realize I need to change my eating habits. I have 50 lbs to lose.

What is your plan to get yourself ready for your daughter's wedding? We CAN do this!! =)

Michelle

• Sanmaran

2 weeks ago

Go Julia, You've got this.

• Healthy_mommA

2 weeks ago

Hey Julie, I started today but I want to do this with you!

Marie

• Madeline

2 weeks ago

Hello Julia- I have very similar goals - I feel like the more I analyze my life the more I am just going through the motions. I have so many good things to be thankful for , but never really enjoy each day because i am overweight. I currently would like to loose about 40 pounds. I am not saying that If I lost 40-to 50 pounds my life would be perfect - but it kinda would be :) Running out of the house to do an errand or not having to think about what to put on- that would make me look skinny would be such a treat. This is the way my life use to be. And it is a great feeling that I want back.

I was successful with a reboot back in October . I had some vacation days that I decided to use on the back end of a long weekend and decided to give it a try. I had about 7 straight days away from the office and after all my stalking of other Juicers thought if I had to stay in bed for the first few days I could. I went to the store and really tried to keep it all very simple - and was just going to buy the ingredients for the mean green juice. Turns out I loved it.

I did take it easy that week - I gave up coffee at the same time and this was my first and only mistake of the reboot. if you are a coffee drinker it is super hard to give up food and coffee all in one week. As I start my new Reboot on Friday of this week - I plan on still having a cup of coffee in the AM- A headache is all that I felt that first few days of the juice fast. On the first day - I thought I am never going to be able to do this for a week and not be hungry for real food- and then after drinking juice for 2 straight days - it seemed I did not feel hungry at all - it was amazing. I would have never believed it. But it is true - once you get your system on the right track you no longer crave potato chips. You no longer crave much of anything and that is the best part - I always feel hungry- and to not have that desire to constantly be thinking about what my next meal would be - was such a relief. I stayed on the reboot for 15 days and lost about 17 pounds, and felt pretty good for most of it . Another amazing thing is I still had to cook for my son and husband. And I was doing it and did not get hungry. Once you see the scale go down - you will do anything to keep it that way - it is the best motivation.

I kept a bullet journal of how I felt every day - I simply got a notebook and each day I would write down my weight - what juices I had that day - and when - and how I felt. it was all so simple and I love to look back at It now - as I begin my second reboot-- I am going for 30 days on this one. There were a few days when I dying to eat something crunchy - and I must admit on one of the days I have written down that I peeled a cucumber and ate it. It was the best thing I had ever tasted. That was my only sold food I had and I did not do it again - I am starting on Friday.

All of us should post what we did day one and so on .....- what juice we drank and if we lost any weight thus far. It will keep us accountable to one another and I truly believe that having to write these things down will give us reason to stay on track for the next couple of months. We can pretend we all have a wedding to go to in 2 months :)

• Healthy_mommA

2 weeks ago

Thank you Madeline, it is very encouraging to read you. I need to lose at least 40 lbs as well. Just started day 1 again today. :)

• Layana83

2 days ago

Hello Julia how is your Reboot going? How long have you planned to do it for?

Email Newsletter:

Our weekly newsletter is packed with special messages from Joe, exclusive recipes, giveaways, and more!

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.