Reboot Newbies

Hundredth reboot ...

Reboot Newbies

Posted by DesktopCommando on 3 years ago

After watching last night on You-tube, "Fat,Sick and nearly Dead..." I was inspired to try this juice fast, I've tried everything from Atkins to the Egg & Wine Diet, friends mentioned the juice plus diet, but I thougth Id make my own juices, although I'm going to try to stick with the "Mean Green Juice" to start with.

Although since I'm in UK getting Kale from Tesco was a bit of a challenge so have substituted them with Greens, until I find a greengrocers or farmers market.

Got a £30 Juicer from Argos and about £40 worth of Veggies and fruit to try getting 3 days worth (although I've loads left over)

This topic contains 93 replies, has 1 voices, and was last updated by DesktopCommando 2 months ago.

Replies To Hundredth reboot ...

• DesktopCommando

3 years ago

To add, I currently weigh 112 Kg (244 Lbs) and I would like to at least get rid of my belly.

• DesktopCommando

3 years ago

I use myfitnesspal app on my iphone to track what I eat and what exercise I do daily, and although I get this isn't the same on calorie consumption 500ml (18 fl Oz) = 163 Cal.

Will this effect normal exercise ?

I ask this because Im in the British Army, and am still expected to do moderate PT sessions per week.

• DesktopCommando

3 years ago

lol Headache has started, time to crack open the coconut water and drink more

• DesktopCommando

3 years ago

Day Two - I wake up after 4 hours of sleep, reeking of the most evillest farts going, yesterday my mind was racing, food,food,food, gone a bit now, was dehydrated so had a sip of "Mean Green" and now I'm fully awake at 0558 hrs :/

• [...]

3 years ago

Welcome to the detox phase of this program. It can be a bit rough but if you push through you will start to feel better and start seeing results. Looking at your pics I like that you have organized yourself and are committed to this change. As far as exercise it depends how much you are doing and at what intensity. I started out and my juices were around 250-300 Cals per green juice drinking only 3-4 a day and I exercised only 30 minutes a day. When I jumped to 60-90 min a day I had to add more juices to keep my body from going into starvation mode. Adding straight fruit juices upped my calorie count to as high as 500 Cals per drink and I would use those right before I started working out and after for the energy boost and so my body would feel nourished. I was on a doctor/nutritionist supervised routine though and my results were not typical or recommended. That might be a question to pose to the nutritionists on here or ask other long term rebooters. Another thing to consider is a vegetable protein powder as well. I had to use pea protein a few times during my heaviest days of working out. Just be prepared that if your activity is intense it could do the opposite and slow down your loss. You will have to find the right balance of juices and intensity and dial in your routine. On my reboot after week 2 I drank 6 juices a day and added a 7th or 8th depending on my activity level. My routine worked for me and I exercised my ass off and lost 78lbs in 60 days... So just keep asking questions from others and of course Joe's staff and hopefully they can help you reach maximum results...

keep up the good work and good luck on reaching your goals :-)

Edit | Delete your post
  • DesktopCommando

3 years ago

Cravings have started again, almost drank 36 oz of "Mean Green" already so decided to throw 4 x red apples and a cucumber into the juicer to stave off the cravings ....and it tastes pretty good !

• DesktopCommando

3 years ago

Feeling Motivated really is such a good feeling, I've cleaned up all my crap, sorted through clothes to give it to charity, put my George Foreman grill away, completely gotten rid of all temptation foods. Even my hunger pains have gone, really am feeling good.

Looking forward to the future....

• DesktopCommando

3 years ago

I'm probably just scale watching, but I've not lost any real weight since I've started, :$ maybe to do with the burger I had on day -1, but Joe said he did the same in one of his interviews :)

• DesktopCommando

3 years ago

Just been to shop to pick-up some ingredients for exercising juice, and whilst wondering in the veggie isle I passed wind, and to my horror a bit more !! Straight to the toilet and thanks Joe !! You didnt mention the Baby Poo anywhere in your video !!!

I'll becareful where I fart next time.

• cliftonhillsam

3 years ago
    I've been there mate! I fast for 15 days last year just to see what it was all about and loved it, apart from that 1 issue! I have started a 30 day reboot today, I am excited! :-) On a different note Asda is pretty good at having Kale in nearly all year round.

Email Newsletter:

Our weekly newsletter is packed with special messages from Joe, exclusive recipes, giveaways, and more!

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.