FAQ

Anyone have tips to simplify the work?

FAQ

Posted by mandoris on 3 months ago

A few weeks ago I did a 14 day reboot, and enjoyed it. Except for one thing. While I could have drank the juice every day for 60 days or more without being bothered, by the end of the 14 days I was HATING the actual labor of making the juice every day. :)

I want to do another reboot sometime soon, I was curious if anyone could advise either more simplistic juice recipes or other tips to make it better.

Example, I love using cucumbers, celery, and carrots. They are very simple to clean, and you just shove the whole thing in the juicer. Awesome. I found oranges and beets for example to be a huge hassle, the oranges took forever to peel, and the beets took a long time to clean and cut. I would love a set of 3 recipes that are low work, I don't have a problem repeating the same recipe again and again, I like simplicity.

Also, I found it was taking me about 25 minutes to make 32oz of juice. What I was doing was three recipes per day, two servings of each. So one day would take me about 75 minutes to make 6 16 oz juices, and the other day would take me 50 minutes to make 4 16 oz juices, to give me my 5 per day. I would clean all the fruit/vegetables for 2 servings, juice them, and then take the juicer apart and rinse it to clear the built up pump. Having to do that 2-3 times in a sitting added time. But I didn't feel like the juicer could make 6 servings without getting the central chamber backed up. Any tips on this? Using a Breville BJE510XL.

Basically, I would love it if I could get it down to 10 minutes to make 32 oz of juice, either by getting smarter about how I clean the juicer, or by using nothing but fast ingredients like cucumbers. :) Thanks much for any insights!

This topic contains 5 replies, has 1 voices, and was last updated by MinaMina 2 months ago.

Replies To Anyone have tips to simplify the work?

• DesktopCommando

3 months ago

Stick with a Mean Green, I don't wash or do anything to it, apart from cutting the apples into smaller pieces and tossing them in, I can prep/juice/clean up in under 5 minutes. makes 24 oz per meal time.

Cleaning

Wash the loose parts of juicer in sink and leave to dry, take the top off and scoop the veg matter out a spoon into bin, wash the top and place to naturally dry, empty veg container into bin, fill & swill with water empty into sink or down toilet, leave to dry, take out mesh cutter and clean with a pot brush under running water, leave to dry, final piece - wash and leave to dry

Drinking

get juice container, scoop out foam, stir, drink all from container, wash container and leave to dry.

And I'm done

• Zootal

3 months ago

Also, make three days of juice at a time and store it in the fridge. Don't bother with produce that takes too long to prepare.

• LiveTo120

2 months ago

I love all this talk of efficiency! That's what was bogging me down, too. On this reboot, I'm still working on recipes. I also found that I can do with less variety as long as the juices taste good and I use vanilla flavored stevia about 5 drops for 2 servings to make sure there's enough flavor in the juice.

• mandoris

2 months ago

Honestly, I just down all the juices in a 5 second gulp, but I found that none of them actually tasted bad... If anything, they had far less flavor than I expected. I pour them into a large plastic throw away cup, so that a small bottle neck doesn't slow down drinking. :)

So on that basis, I don't value variety at all... I fear making just one shake 5 times a day might negate some of the benefit of a variety of nutrients, but I don't value variety for flavor. That's why I was thinking 3 juices of different colors with simple low-labor recipes would be a good thing to repeat.

I was horrified to see how much it would cost to buy fresh juice at a juice bar every day.. I live in a major city area so there are probably 5 different local options for fresh made juice same as I would make it at home, but they want $9 for a 16oz juice lol. I was averaging $9-10 a day doing it at home. :)

• MinaMina

2 months ago

Also, put a plastic bag in the big container. That's one less part to clean. As for recipes:

Carrot, apple ginger

Cucumber, celery, parsley

Kale, spinach, cucumber

Grape and lime (dessert juice bc it has a lot of sugar but is highly diuretic)

You shouldn't really down the juices :) with the nasty ones, I'm tempted to do that too but I find that it's tough on my stomach and I get hungry again faster.

Email Newsletter:

Our weekly newsletter is packed with special messages from Joe, exclusive recipes, giveaways, and more!

*Individual results may vary. Reboots are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any medical or health condition. Reboots are not recommended for everyone, and before commencing a Reboot or any other nutritional or dietary regimen, you should consult with your qualified health care provider in order to assess any potential benefits or risks to you with consideration of your personal medical situation. You should also continue to work closely with your qualified health care provider if you intend to engage in a long-term Reboot. Our Guided Reboot Programs are not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing.