Join us:

Real Change

60 Day Juice Fasting!

Real Change

Posted by queengina2010 on 2 years ago Hi, I'm Regina! I've started this before && got weak after the 7th day && just gave up. I started over yesterday. I'm doing all juice today, I have over 100lbs to lose but I won't let that stop me. I was 310.9lbs back in August! I'm now 270.5lbs. I'm determined to a least lose 80lbs during my 60days, I've joined a gym recently && I'm training to run a 5K in February with some of my family to support me. They are pushing me on but it's the fight with temptation && willpower that's getting to me. I'm doing this reboot not only for my health but I'm also doing it as a fasting/praying type of fast for myself to just really see where I want to be at the end of this 60 days! I'm just in need of some true encouragement!

This topic contains 11 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by fbacha 1 year ago.

Replies To 60 Day Juice Fasting!

• Ram Jet

2 years ago
    Hi Regina, I'm Kent. I started my 60 day juice fast just this last Monday. I have 85 pounds to lose. I am 5' 10" tall and I weighed 245 pounds. I want to get to 160 which would be an ideal weight for me. I have lost 7 1/2 pounds so far, but I have just begun. Next week, I am going to start some exercise. This has been difficult. I was at Chick Fil-A lat night with family. I didn't have anything to eat, but I wanted to eat everything, It will take some time to retrain my brain. Anyway, at age 61 I do not want to go through the rest of my life a big chubby. So let's stay in touch. Hang in there. We can do it and I know it will be worth it.
  • Sharkbait

1 year ago
    Hey Ram Jet ... Kent, can you tell me where to get some guidance for the 60 day juice fast please. Thanks (newbie!) Cherie
  • Ram Jet

1 year ago
    Sharkbait - I gave up on following recipes. I put Kale and Spinach in almost everything and then sweeten to taste with fruit. For fruit, I use a lot of pineapple, apples, lemons, limes, pears. I also use carrots, cauliflower, celery and broccoli in addition to the Kale and Spinach. I also get raw ginger root and cut off a piece about one inch long. For pineapple, I got whole ones and put in about a half a pineapple at a time. I make about 40 ounces of juice which is enough for two meals of juice. I am probably a little heavier on fruit than what the program suggests, but this is a whole lot less calories than I was taking in on any given day (think a pint of Ben & Jerry's every night). I just finished my first month and I lost 25 pounds. I will also peel and add one sweet potato for a batch of juice. If I make my 40 ounces and it is too bitter, I put the 40 ounces in a larger pitcher and juice some more apples or grapes and add to it to sweeten it until I can drink it. I am walking two miles per day in addition to the juice. I have 30 days left of my 60 days. I want to lose 80 pounds total. I hope to lose 50 in the 60 days of the juice fast. Let me know if you have more questions.
  • fbacha

1 year ago
    Hello Thanks for sharing. I started the 60 day diet with the 15 day plan but I am not sure what to do next. Any suggestions ? Thanks Fati
  • Effort is on you

1 year ago
    Hi all, I started the 60 about 7 days ago and going great. i was eating as a vegan for about 6 weeks before so have had no effects on this. With the vegan eating i had already cut out sugar, coffee and all the rest that goes with Vegan. I find the juicing so easy. I will be able to make the 60 days easy I think. I have lost 4 kilos in the 7 days, so happy with that. Love my Morning fruit juice and mix it up for other juices during the day. Drinking heaps of water and feel great. Newbie Effort is on you!!
  • fat her

1 year ago
    Does anyone know why 60 days, why not 50 or 70?
  • sarah32

1 year ago
    I'm starting a 60 day juice feast today and really would like to have a partner to take this journey with :) I am 32 years old 150 lbs and 5'3. It's not all about weight loss for me but more to change my future. Bad health seems to run in my family and I want to eliminate any possibility of diseases. I will follow a strict juice only diet along with 32 ounces daily of potassium broth to help with sore muscles. I work out 5 days a week and do not want to give that part of my life up so that is why the potassium broth is needed. But it is made from organic veggies and it is just the broth (more like tea :) I have been on a 7 days juice feast and felt amazing and can't wait to do the 60 days!!! Who's with me? Sarah
  • setsandjets

1 year ago
    Hi Sarah - I am Dawn... It seems that you and I may be on the same track... How has it gone for you so far? Were the holidays hard? I just received my juicer yesterday :( postponed because of the holidays - but, I am geared and ready - just don't know where to begin... Does it matter what I juice? Is there a combination that I should use or avoid? I hope you are well and enjoying the process!
  • Cosmo17

1 year ago
    Hey All, Started my 60-dayer in December lost 18 lbs by Xmas and the holidays really threw a wrench in my plans( we went traveling & visiting. Anyways getting back on track as soon as I can. My only thing is being that I am doing this during winter I get REALLY cold. I'm drinking soups and bouillons and herbal teas to help warm me up, is this ok? I tried making a really hot bouillon once and juicing the veg and poured the juice into the soup after it boiled which cooled it a bit and was pretty good, but I wondered if the juice was still viable and relevant after being "somewhat" heated. So I'm wondering how are the rest of you guys staying warm too doing a this and do any of you modify the "fast" on really tough days by eating veg soup which I've done or salad or handful of nuts to get you over a hump and then go right back to juicing... Any input or advice would be appreciated. Thanks. :)
  • Jossy07

1 year ago
    Hi Regina, Congrats on making it to the 7th day your first time! It's not an easy feat. And great job on your weight loss so far! You can do anything you put your mind to. I too tried my first reboot recently and gave up long before I planned to. But I'm on day 1 today and in need of dropping the weight I gained in college. I know how important support is for these reboots so I just want to check in with you and see how you're doing?